• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
36 characters, huh?

I'd like to believe that Cyclops and Colossus are the remaining two, but Thanos has to be one of them, meaning that those X-Men characters are probably DLC for the X-Men pack.

It must be tradition for Cyclops to be DLC in a MUA game.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
36 characters, huh?

I'd like to believe that Cyclops and Colossus are the remaining two, but Thanos has to be one of them, meaning that those X-Men characters are probably DLC for the X-Men pack.

It must be tradition for Cyclops to be DLC in a MUA game.
I'm leaning towards Loki being the other playable villain. And the other slot being Vision or Ant-Man. Heck, Thane might be playable.

But I think there's a good chance we'll get more than 5 characters per DLC pack if they want to keep the character select screen neat looking.

Last edited:

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i'm still on the fence on this game, but i'm really tempted to use one my vouchers on this one...decisions...

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
That review embargo sucks.
I'm excited for this but lately I have bought way too many games that I ended up barely playing to buy this blind. MUA3 is like 20 euros cheaper online in my country but with my luck, it won't reach me until next week if I don't preorder :'(
That's my first world problem of the day.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait to buy this game. Do I need to be caught up on the MCU films TO "get" this game? I just finished Ant Man so I got a fair bit still to watch.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Gonna wait to buy this game. Do I need to be caught up on the MCU films TO "get" this game? I just finished Ant Man so I got a fair bit still to watch.

Nah, you don't need to see any of the MCU movies to enjoy the game. It's not connected to the films and is in its own universe and continuity.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not ordering for the time being. The embargo situation has me slightly worried and have plenty to play at the moment .

Hoping it's good though!

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

The game is influenced by the MCU but is in no way connected. Even though it's called Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, it's both a sequel and a soft-reboot for the series. You'll be fine.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Has nothing to do with the MCU beyond some visual or tonal inspiration here or there.

They're probably not gonna spend much time onboarding you to the specifics of any individual characters, moreso just "Hey, this is Doctor Strange. He says funny spells sometimes."

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked but is there loot drops or visual changes to the outfits equipped or is just stat base changes

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked but is there loot drops or visual changes to the outfits equipped or is just stat base changes
The loot drops from bosses (and special boxes in levels) are items called ISO-8s which augment your character's stats when equipped, but not your character's visuals (the abilities can get elemental attributes through ISO-8s which will add the related visuals and of course related stats upgrade to the attack).

You can equip alternate costumes (not sure to what extent, we've only seen a colour palette change for Spiderman, but there is a Deadpool Chef costume in the game) which are cosmetic only and don't change gameplay.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perfect game for'vacation Going on Saturday so I'll have it installed before

I guess so but it has multiplayer ? Offline? Online ?

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in hk at the moment! Any USA copies? How much?
I didn't see any USA copy, but the HK official versions include English if you don't mind Chinese text on the sleeve - 388 HKD in Mongkok area
PR8f4zp.jpg

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Jesus christ, this fucking quote is both so fucking lame and just outright gross.

I ... kinda agree though. Just look at what happened to Black Widow in SE' Avengers game 🙈 I'm just glad that MA3's characters look like their comic book originals (which happen to be sexy. If the originals hadn't been sexy, I wouldn't like it either).

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I ... kinda agree though. Just look at what happened to Black Widow in SE' Avengers game 🙈 I'm just glad that MA3's characters look like their comic book originals (which happen to be sexy. If the originals hadn't been sexy, I wouldn't like it either).
This objectifying loser making a shitty sexist remark that "women aren't sexy enough if my games and I don't approve" is tonedeaf-at-best, possessive and misogynistic at worst.

Not exactly the argument you wanna look at and say "yeah he's got a good point!" Fuck this guy.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

It's not a case of Black Widow not being 'sexy' on the Avengers game; it's more a case of all the playable characters just looking really off, model wise.

Obviously it's cool that the characters look comic accurate, which is a refreshing change after MvCI's dollar store MCU designs, but even if you ignore the ridiculous notion that women can only be beautiful is they have juicy thighs, round boobs and a toned body, it's a preview of a video game. That is absolutely not the first point (or hell, it's not even a point at all) that needs to be made.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

The guy isn't praising the game's accuracy to the comic books, he's proudly proclaiming that he can masturbate to all the women in the game, because that's the only reason women should be in games.

Way to agree with the incel, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.