• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I have zero interest in Marvel so I've been ignoring this, but the gameplay reminds me of Diablo III, which I loved. This seems right up my alley, but I'll wait for a sale.

Oct 27, 2017
Couple other things I'm noticing...

This game isn't easy. Haha. Blocking and dodging seem very important. You get knocked on your ass pretty easy, at least near the start of the game. Also, the dodges are dodges. You can avoid anything if timed right from what I can tell.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Usually the previews/reviews are relative to when they send out the review copies relative to average playtime.

So I was watching that leaked preview again and noticed something spoiler-y
Unlike Jessica Jones who straight up tells you she won't join instead Colossus says he and the rest of the X-men happily will once the mansion situation is dealt with
dJguTFt.jpg

Which really seems like a blatant tease for him, Cyclops and Beast joining the alliance later on as playables in the story. It is possible he and Cyclops get left behind when you get dragged into the dark dimension, but then you wind up in New York again before the finale and they join you in. And before you say dlc, it's pretty obvious they are leaving that an open slate, otherwise not put the other core X-men like Jean, iceman, Rogue, Kitty, Angel or any other popular or classic pic in an 2D art portrait? It's pretty obvious those are all (other than prof x) intended playable for the base game

Link? Is there a reupload?

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hey fastball, not a content question, but when you get the chance I would love to know who you are enjoying playing as so far? Any character surprise you?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys I found the perfect recolor for Ghost Rider: Blazing Skull!
b008d2d12a28ba2e9f042c67513e3c7d.jpg

No seriously it'd work fine and be an awesome reference to a more obscure character

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
Hearing that the game is challenging makes the wait for release day even more difficult for me. Heaven help me.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey! One more super important thing. If you unlock a 5th power for any character at any point please let us know! The "is there more than 4 powers" question burns as hot as any other almost! Thanks again!

That's something I'm really curious about too, but based on the menu for equipping powers and how many could fit in it... don't get your hopes up.

For what it's worth, I've been having a ton of fun just with one power each so far, mixing it up with synergy attacks and the standard combo to heavy attack stuff.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hey guys I found the perfect recolor for Ghost Rider: Blazing Skull!
b008d2d12a28ba2e9f042c67513e3c7d.jpg

No seriously it'd work fine and be an awesome reference to a more obscure character

My dream line-up:

Heroes:
  • Deadpool
  • Howard the Duck
  • Darkhawk
  • Terror
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Sleepwalker
  • Hellcat
  • Squirrel Girl
  • Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
  • Honey Badger
  • Blazing Skull

Villains:
  • Venom
  • 8-Ball
  • Taskmaster
  • Shocker
  • White Rabbit
  • Orb
  • Constrictor
Still holding out for Blazing Skull, Terror, Gravity, and Constrictor.

Need that "Characters only Billfisto Cares About" team bonus.

My man!

Everyone should read the New Invaders run with Blazing Skull.

Oh, also, his first appearance, which is a real hoot.

His powers aren't really analagous to Ghost Rider, though. :(

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My man!

Everyone should read the New Invaders run with Blazing Skull.

Oh, also, his first appearance, which is a real hoot.

His powers aren't really analagous to Ghost Rider, though. :(
Yeah but it's not like Ghost Rider has many options for a simple recolor. Turning his outfit red and maybe adding the crossbones is pretty easy

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I'm preparing myself for no more roster additions. 34 is a fantastic roster, and we've got really cool characters like Wasp, Spider-Gwen, Ghost Rider, plus all the other ones. No Winter Soldier is the biggest disappointment for me, and Vision, Loki and especially Ant-Man feel like weird exclusions (especially since Wasp is in) but ultimately I know I'm going to have a blast. Can't wait for Friday

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yeah but it's not like Ghost Rider has many options for a simple recolor. Turning his outfit red and maybe adding the crossbones is pretty easy

Oh, it makes sense and I definitely wouldn't turn it down.

We'll probably just get Blaze and Ketch and maybe Reyes skins, though. Maybe that terrible purple Vengeance skin.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
That's something I'm really curious about too, but based on the menu for equipping powers and how many could fit in it... don't get your hopes up.

For what it's worth, I've been having a ton of fun just with one power each so far, mixing it up with synergy attacks and the standard combo to heavy attack stuff.
Thanks man! Appreciate all the answers

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Also expect around 80. I'm not really ok with that, specially with being in 2019 and the game being so bare bones that even f2p games like Future Fight would be ashamed off, but what can you do? 🤷‍♂️ It's the only Marvel thing in that direction that we have on consoles and it will be supported.

Still exited, of course.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
I'm preparing myself for no more roster additions. 34 is a fantastic roster, and we've got really cool characters like Wasp, Spider-Gwen, Ghost Rider, plus all the other ones. No Winter Soldier is the biggest disappointment for me, and Vision, Loki and especially Ant-Man feel like weird exclusions (especially since Wasp is in) but ultimately I know I'm going to have a blast. Can't wait for Friday
I'm confident more characters will be unlocked as you progress through the game. Nintendo and Marvel have been tight-lipped regarding this for weeks now as I believe they don't want to spoil any surprises.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I said recolor not skin. Sooo many skin iptuons

A straight recolor would be gross, though, as the jacket has a lot of geometry. Just painting it red and slapping a skull over the seam on the front would be really tacky. I'm hoping they put in a bit more effort than Marvel vs. Capcom. :)

For recolours, I think we'll only really get Black Leather Jacket and maybe Black Leather Jacket with Blue Highlights. Maybe one with jeans.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the review scores are in line with those of the first game. For reference, these are the Metacritic scores of the first two games:
MUA
360: 82
PS3: 78
MUA2
360: 73
PS3: 74

Honestly though, low review scores wouldn't affect my experience. I pre-ordered this at the first opportunity possible. I've played five iterations of this already, each of varying levels of quality. I know what to expect from the gameplay and replayability. Everything I have read and seen has given me the impression that this entry is in capable hands and TN has captured what I loved about the series. I only care that it's successful enough to see continued support and sequels

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Realize I'm digging the character variety thats going to be coming with this game. Tried to think about which characters I want to use and I'm all over the place.

Capt. Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Gamora
Storm
Black Panther
Ghost Rider
Magneto
Falcon

probably gonna mess around with everyone in the my first playthrough.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Also expect around 80. I'm not really ok with that, specially with being in 2019 and the game being so bare bones that even f2p games like Future Fight would be ashamed off, but what can you do? 🤷‍♂️ It's the only Marvel thing in that direction that we have on consoles and it will be supported.

Still exited, of course.
I don't understand your complain about bare bones content.

Largest roster of character in any MUA game.

Maybe decent length single player campaign.

Multiplayer offline and online co-op.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
It sucks sooo much that Squirrel Girl is not in this. Not expecting her to be a surprise unlock tbh.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Still exited, of course.

Story Campaign that's anywhere between 10-15 hours (depending on difficulty)
In-game side missions
Couch Offline/Local/Online Co-op
New Game +
Infinity Trials
30+ characters in base game
Unlockable characters
DLC characters
DLC side-missions

Seems like tons of stuff to me.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Story Campaign that's anywhere between 10-15 hours (depending on difficulty)
In-game side missions
Couch Offline/Local/Online Co-op
New Game +
Infinity Trials
30+ characters in base game
Unlockable characters
DLC characters
DLC side-missions

Seems like tons of stuff to me.

- That's decent but what's after? Anything besides raising your pure stats? That's also a concern I read
- If they are interesting and you can unlock cool stuff, yes
- Doesn't count for me, nice to have but doesn't add much
- Same, when did we ever had a meaningful NG+ in the past? If I can only play it again and raise my level more but nothing else changes, who cares?
- Are they good? Heard mixed stuff so far
- 30+ is nice, but also nothing special anymore in today's age. For a game called "Marvel Ultimate Alliance, with chars around the whole brand, it seems ridiculously small, specially with all the f2p games out there right now which also have hundreds of characters and thousands? of costumes. 30 chars would be cool if we at least had a shit ton of costumes to unlock, because it's freaking Marvel and every single character has 2-3 hands full of potential alternative costumes from over the last 50 years. That's just unbelievable disappointing and such a wasted opportunity that we (almost?) only have recolors as it seems, I can't wrap my head around this.
Specially when games like Future Fight not only have thousands of costumes, but also brand new skills and attacks for most of them. Here they wouldn't even have to do this because this system here doesn't even have that deepness. Just disappointing.
- Is it even confirmed that we have unlocks besides the known 30+ or is this still wishful thinking?
-Yay cool, more money on top of the already spend 60 bucks. Hey, I'm not really negative about this, to be honest, because that at least means support for a few months, so I support that.

I think the biggest critique and disappointment for me is this whole costume thing, the rest we can talk about and I support it no matter what, even if it goes around 60mc, I don't care, but I just want it to be good and something I don't put away too fast just because I finished the story.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm not ready for Colossus and Cyclops not to be unlockable. They are already there, with models, movesets and everything :<

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I haven't been this hype for a game since like Monster Hunter: World, and I think that was mostly post-release hype when actually playing the game. I cannot fucking wait! Going home this weekend for a family party so my boyfriend and I will def be playing on the train Friday. WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Any long gameplay vids that have been posted in the last few weeks? I'd really love to see more of Wasp in action.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it makes sense and I definitely wouldn't turn it down.

We'll probably just get Blaze and Ketch and maybe Reyes skins, though. Maybe that terrible purple Vengeance skin.
I wake up on this beautiful day and learn there is Vengance slander.....we need to do better as a society

Status
Not open for further replies.