• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They maybe trying to avoid the backlash that comes with announcing that Micortransactions will be in the game for costumes before they launch the game. Which i don't mind as long as they are strictly cosmetic, because there is a lot of money in selling costumes as DLC especially for superhero games. They should have at least one free costume for every character though. The Mario Maker 2 online fiends debacle and now the Pokemon issues probably has Nintendo's PR team on edge.
Wait, do we have any reason to believe that microtransactions will be in this game? Nintendo tends to keep that kind of thing isolated to their mobile games.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wait, do we have any reason to believe that microtransactions will be in this game? Nintendo tends to keep that kind of thing isolated to their mobile games.
Paranoia keeps popping. People are also predicting no more base characters or Costumes in the base game despite evidence to the contrary

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess, but usually, i heard that website always rates games high. in which 33/40 isn't that high of a score

I mean, for starters I would just advise that you not pay any attention to Famitsu at all regardless of whether the score is high or low. But if we are paying attention to Famitsu I think it would be interesting to ask you what you think would be a reassuring score. Like if it was 9/9/9/9 instead of 8/8/8/9 for a 36/40 instead of a 33/40 would that put your mind at ease?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Super pumped for this. Have 2 friends coming over Friday to go ham on this all night and some through the next day. We're gonna try and beat it.

Jul 15, 2019
I mean, for starters I would just advise that you not pay any attention to Famitsu at all regardless of whether the score is high or low. But if we are paying attention to Famitsu I think it would be interesting to ask you what you think would be a reassuring score. Like if it was 9/9/9/9 instead of 8/8/8/9 for a 36/40 instead of a 33/40 would that put your mind at ease?
nothing really. i am not looking into it. but it could be a sign of what to expect

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It this a joke post? And also it's japan who doesn't really care that much for marvel
Actually they love Spider-Man and have a healthy respect for Marvel in general, it helped inspire their superhero media in the 60's as well. Heck Spider-Man is one of the earliest heroes in the super sentai super hero timeline. His show created the giant robot vs enlarged enemy trope

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest those are sort of scores (good but not great) I thought it would get but it doesn't bother me all that much I feel like I know exactly what to expect from the game and I'm fine with that. I just want to have some fun playing as all the different characters in that world.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the look of this, but I'd be amazed if it got a metascore of more than 75, and I can't see why people are surprised at it getting a "low" score from Famitsu.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I've been expecting a score of 75-78 (to be exact, a 77) on Metacritic for the longest
But I doubt the commercial success of this game is gonna hinge on reviews anyway

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Yeah, I don't think reviews will be that great either. Still, I think most of us know what we're getting into.

nah
tons and tons of fantastic games got subpar famitsu scores, doesn't mean shit
2791.jpg

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
yea same here, that would be a massive bummer. Especially knowing this is gonna be 60 euro's here :(
I'd prefer a game I wouldn't be able to finish in one sitting.
And I prefer games that I can finish before I lose interest...which means 10 hours is plenty for me so...🤷🏾‍♂️

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So just a reminder, this is the 80th anniversary of marvel and it's a big focus of the panel coverage at comic con. Part of their celebrations is their two oldest active characters Namor, and the original Human Torch. Now while he latter will be covered by his successor in the Fantastic Four, I would not be surprised to see the first dlc be announced as marvel's first family, Namor and Doom as some of marvel's most iconic long running characters be the first dlc announcements as playable characters

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
So just a reminder, this is the 80th anniversary of marvel and it's a big focus of the panel coverage at comic con. Part of their celebrations is their two oldest active characters Namor, and the original Human Torch. Now while he latter will be covered by his successor in the Fantastic Four, I would not be surprised to see the first dlc be announced as marvel's first family, Namor and Doom as some of marvel's most iconic long running characters be the first dlc announcements as playable characters

Their DLC announcement was extremely vague tbh. Each DLC pack could easily have more than 4 characters, like FF could have Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Silver Surfer, and Doctor Doom. Namor could fit here OR could fit in with Marvel Knights.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The Original Human Torch and Johnny Storm are visually almost identical, can easily be a skin.
Yeah I meant that Johnny carries the torch now(unlikely the original will show up) whereas Namor is Namor and likely to show up
Their DLC announcement was extremely vague tbh. Each DLC pack could easily have more than 4 characters, like FF could have Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing, Silver Surfer, and Doctor Doom. Namor could fit here OR could fit in with Marvel Knights.
Namor held full X-men membership for a while too. Dude gets around

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Figured I'd post this here for anyone who hasn't picked up a Switch yet. Best deal I've seen so far today.

There's a Nintendo Switch deal currently going on at eBay. The seller is Newegg, so no worries there.

The price in the cart will be $264.99. Not bad so far, but it gets better.

Add the promo code "PDEALS4U" (no quotations) for an additional $13.25 off, making your total $251.74 before taxes (not a big fan of CA sales tax myself).

FYI, this only works for the Neon Blue and Red Joy-Con model, and not the Grey one.

Mine should be here in time for MUA3 on Friday. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Yeah I meant that Johnny carries the torch now(unlikely the original will show up) whereas Namor is Namor and likely to show up

Namor held full X-men membership for a while too. Dude gets around

It's crazy how he's in all the flagship teams yet he's nowhere to be found in the limelight. Like he's in the Defenders, the Avengers, the X-Men, the Illuminati, hell even the fckn Cabal. He's got more team affiliations than Spidey or Doctor Strange. There's no way in hell Marvel isn't going to show Namor some love.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's crazy how he's in all the flagship teams yet he's nowhere to be found in the limelight. Like he's in the Defenders, the Avengers, the X-Men, the Illuminati, hell even the fckn Cabal. He's got more team affiliations than Spidey or Doctor Strange. There's no way in hell Marvel isn't going to show Namor some love.
Don't forget the Invaders either or his new personal team Defenders of the deep

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I think this has to do with the fact that in the movie space, he was in legal limbo, so he wasn't focused on.

Status
Not open for further replies.