• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
But like I said, Team Ninja didn't shy away from using the modern designs for Scarlet Witch & Falcon.
They've used a mix overall, Wasp hasn't used the look she's using for a few years either, she's had a more armored design for a while. They go for a mix of iconic, recent and what looks cool. Personally I'm hoping they went really crazy with the alt costumes, just imagine what their designers could do

Also here's my regular early game team till the dark Dimension but it may evolve depending on who I like in-game but I don't have a hard fourth yet

image0.jpg

However I'm saving this team until I can do it in full in the dark dimension and will cruise with them for a few levels
image0.jpg

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Future Fight has spoiled me. I wish Ghost Panther is in this game, lol.
Yeah, I know it's 9 years and a console generation (well technically 2 if you count Wii U lol) since MUA2, but this looks infinitely better.
Yup! And it really helps that they've gone for this art style instead of trying to make the characters look realistic and lifelike.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ooo Thane has been spotted in action as a combat npc ally
Screenshot_20190711-113526_YouTube.jpg

What makes this interesting is that so far most of these have been unlocked as playable later in the story(Iron Fist, NightCrawler and Psylocke are confirmed examples) and the two in nebulous unnannounced state are Cyclops and Colossus. Perhaps Black Bolt and Medusa are Attalin's regular story unlocks and Thane is an infinity trial unlock you can't do till you beat Thanos? That'd be fitting

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
MCU needs to get its act together and cast Kamala Khan. But in the meantime, I will gladly use her in this, she looks great here.

I thought Kevin Feige already confirmed that this was indeed gonna happen soon enough?

Ooo Thane has been spotted in action as a combat npc ally
Screenshot_20190711-113526_YouTube.jpg

What makes this interesting is that so far most of these have been unlocked as playable later in the story(Iron Fist, NightCrawler and Psylocke are confirmed examples) and the two in nebulous unnannounced state are Cyclops and Colossus. Perhaps Black Bolt and Medusa are Attalin's regular story unlocks and Thane is an infinity trial unlock you can't do till you beat Thanos? That'd be fitting

ooooh are we getting tidbits of Thanos Rising here?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
MCU needs to get its act together and cast Kamala Khan. But in the meantime, I will gladly use her in this, she looks great here.
Going by what Feige said, we can probably expect Kamala in the MCU sooner rather than later.

Also, I was able to get a better-quality version of my ideal team.

MyUltimateTeam-lap1920x1080.png

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
My team so far. Definitely going to try out a bunch of characters, Black Widow will probably end up swapping one of these out.
E89Cp42.png

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
fgHwAZb.jpg

I can see myself dropping one of them for Doctor Strange. Or honestly I could end up doing something completely different, I have no idea who I'll end up liking!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think Doom has any chance of being playable in the season pass, or have they confirmed the F4 characters as strictly the main Fantastic Four?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Do you think Doom has any chance of being playable in the season pass, or have they confirmed the F4 characters as strictly the main Fantastic Four?
Extremely high, especially since playable bosses already seen have boosted movesets with one or two unique boss fight moves rather than two different movesets. So with story content confirmed and his popularity it'd be odd if he wasn't a boss that's say an infinity trial unlock for the level

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Would be cool if you could unlock the Black Order/Thanos after beating the story. Was there anything like that in the original games?

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
"Each character has up to 4 abilities," there it is.

Edit: for clarification, I am personally not as bummed about this as I know people were expressing earlier. The second game had 4 abilities per character and I barely even noticed that was the case and, in theory, should make characters have more defined roles and there be less homogeneous attacks.

Nothing really new in that livestream, btw. I forgot that characters have some active or passive trait that makes them special and I still find that to be pretty neat. The examples given were that Hulk has attack armor and Wolverine has a healing factor

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't find four abilities each to be a problem. The design philosophy here isn't "make each character the way you want" it's "each character is unique and you should play lots of them to get variety."

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
"Each character has up to 4 abilities," there it is.

Edit: for clarification, I am personally not as bummed about this as I know people were expressing earlier. The second game had 4 abilities per character and I barely even noticed that was the case and, in theory, should make characters have more defined roles and there be less homogeneous attacks.

Nothing really new in that livestream, btw. I forgot that characters have some active or passive trait that makes them special and I still find that to be pretty neat. The examples given were that Hulk has attack armor and Wolverine has a healing factor

4 abilities per character adds a lot to the whole balancing thing. It's kind of a bummer in comparison to the first MUA where leveling up gives you access to new abilities. Wonder what the purpose of leveling characters is going to be aside from increasing damage. The nice thing is that ISO-8 can augment abilities with elemental effects, but how deep/how far that goes is still unknown.

Magneto and Venom working with good guys is nothing new, it's not strange or out of character. For Thanos it would be

Fair enough, that makes sense. It would be dope to use Thanos in some capacity though

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't find four abilities each to be a problem. The design philosophy here isn't "make each character the way you want" it's "each character is unique and you should play lots of them to get variety."

Well put and I agree. And I didn't even find it that distracting in MUA2 when there was quite a bit of overlap in how character powers worked.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
4 abilities per character adds a lot to the whole balancing thing. It's kind of a bummer in comparison to the first MUA where leveling up gives you access to new abilities. Wonder what the purpose of leveling characters is going to be aside from increasing damage. The nice thing is that ISO-8 can augment abilities with elemental effects, but how deep/how far that goes is still unknown.

Well first off each character only starts off with one skill and their extreme and have to unlock the other 3, plus passive traits and attribute like flight, regen, teleportation, etc. the. What most people forget though is that in the original game you only started with 3 skills and your extreme that took up one of your normal active skill slots

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Well first off each character only starts off with one skill and their extreme and have to unlock the other 3, plus passive traits and attribute like flight, regen, teleportation, etc. the. What most people forget though is that in the original game you only started with 3 skills and your extreme that took up one of your normal active skill slots

Yeah, this alone makes this more interesting to me than 1 was. Actually having 4 powers, plus the extreme, plus the way powers play off each other in footage we've seen so far seems really natural and easy to pull off.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Yeah, this alone makes this more interesting to me than 1 was. Actually having 4 powers, plus the extreme, plus the way powers play off each other in footage we've seen so far seems really natural and easy to pull off.

TBH I really liked the combining powers mechanic from MUA 2, which this game somewhat brought back in the form of synergies. How deep these synergies go is still unknown.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
Would love:

Thanos, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight unlocked after the story.

Namor and Terrax in the F4 dlc

Imagine the Cabal bonus

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Terrax is a pipe dream, but Namor is likely. Don't think he'd be in the F4 pack, he'd probably make it in the Marvel Knights one though with Moon Knight, Punisher, and Blade
It's marvel's 80th, he's related to all three teams mentioned and we don't know if the dlc is a team a pack or more spread out. I'd be surprised if Namor isn't announced at comic con next week

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

It's the calm before the storm. Marvel is saving all the hype for launch week and Comic Con

It's marvel's 80th, he's related to all three teams mentioned and we don't know if the dlc is a team a pack or more spread out. I'd be surprised if Namor isn't announced at comic con next week

I'm surprised Namor isn't part of the base roster, and if he is, surprised he isn't being shown yet. You'd think a character that hasn't hit the mainstream market yet would get some major time in the limelight

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017

idk they tweet about it almost daily with the concept art stuff + the occasional marvel account tweet & the upcoming comic con panel. iirc it's also the first game shown in one of their promoted Twitter ads.

There will probably be another trailer but there has already been so many that they probably don't want to spoil every single thing in the game. Idk what else they could be doing to promote it

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's the calm before the storm. Marvel is saving all the hype for launch week and Comic Con

I'm surprised Namor isn't part of the base roster, and if he is, surprised he isn't being shown yet. You'd think a character that hasn't hit the mainstream market yet would get some major time in the limelight
Hm or they are saving him for the launch trailer as an Marvel's 80th surprise at comic con. But yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't make the game playable in some form

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Hm or they are saving him for the launch trailer as an Marvel's 80th surprise at comic con. But yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't make the game playable in some form

Yeah, I mean fckn Elsa Bloodstone is in the base roster, yet the iconic Sub-Mariner isn't? Marvel's definitely got some 'splainin to do.

I saw an ad for this just before Far From Home here. I mean, it is getting more marketing than Fire Emblem from what I've seen.

It would make sense for Nintendo to push marketing for a major first party title like Fire Emblem. MUA3 is first-party too but its fanbase is far more niche than Fire Emblem.

What sucks is that MUA3 is going to be an entry point for a whole generation of new players where this game is the first iteration of the franchise they'll play, so if there was a marketing push for it, it would actually help this series jump back into mainstream. I know tons of people who never even heard of Marvel Ultimate Alliance let alone its sequel, and then there are others like us that know that MUA3 is technically the 5th game in its franchise, 3rd in its series (X-Men Legends 1 and 2 came before it).

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
I think by year end this will have sold more than FE for sure. Can see a lot picking this up at Christmas time

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Just came back from trying out a demo at Nintendo Portugal.
Considering I love these games, in this case, I hated the dynamic camera. Played co-op with a friend and we were constantly losing track of where our character was. REALLY hope there is an option for a more old-school more static camera mode.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering I love these games, in this case, I hated the dynamic camera. Played co-op with a friend and we were constantly losing track of where our character was. REALLY hope there is an option for a more old-school more static camera mode.
Luckily there's the hero camera when you're playing solo on your switch. Which also applies to online co-op or the system link? co-op. Except for the sections that have the camera icon with an X showing a forced perspective like the side-scrolling areas etc. Playing co-op on the same system in MUA3 is something I will never do because of that camera they have.
DD1kZ8N.gif

k53fdKs.gif

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I'm currently looking at:

sEOFLMo.png

But I am also interested in Falcon, Drax (depending on the writing), Psylocke, Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know it's 9 years and a console generation (well technically 2 if you count Wii U lol) since MUA2, but this looks infinitely better.
After replaying the first UA about a month ago, I think what helps this game loads is going for a more comic look compared to the more movie look - especially compared to the first UA game which uses a mix of pre MCU movie costumes and ultimate costumes. Which means the defaults for several characters look bloody awful. Thankfully more comic accurate ones could be unlocked very quickly, but the game still suffered from begin bizarrely dark.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Dammit! We need an eShop demo already!

Status
Not open for further replies.