• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
the media will ripp the game apart, you best be ready for that. it will review badly, I'll bet you anything.

the game seems to be primarily aimed at pleasing the crowd that would even know who Elsa Bloodstone is first, other people second. Like, even from the videos the game looks quite simplistic and cartoony, like a "kids game". And I say that as someone who has it as their most wanted game atm. But I also loved Marvel Heroes for what it was for example.

Won't take your bet, as I can see this scenario happening as well.

Negative reviews won't impact my personal enjoyment if I'm having fun with the game. For those that live and die by numerical scores in regards to buying a game and/or feeling better about their purchase, it could suck.

If MUA3 ends up being a good game by my own metrics, fantastic. I look forward to playing a good MUA game and hope that it will do well enough so that a sequel/follow-up can be made. If all Nintendo wants to do is long-term support with DLC that introduces more characters and story content, I'd be all for that as well. I also enjoyed Marvel Heroes and played that game for years until the servers were shut down.

If MUA3 turns out to be a bad game, that'd be unfortunate. Can't say for sure since it's not out yet, but based on what I've seen so far, that doesn't seem that it will be the case. Far from it, actually.

Gameplay, features, and some surprises (e.g., Elsa) have been revealed. Apart from the base roster (including unlockables), whether or not there are actually more than four hero skills, etc., what we're getting in a month isn't exactly a mystery. I like what I've seen so far. Compare that to the Avengers game, which I'd be more looking forward to if I had any idea of what it actually played like.

I have a fairly good idea of what I'd be getting with MUA3, and I'm cool with that.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
I think anyone familiar with the series knows what they're going to get. I personally feel like I'm going to have a blast with this game.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
I want a Switch for this game but I want to wait for the rumoured Big Boy SwitchTM that's coming eventually supposedly. The character art is honestly incredible. I went looking around for any bigger renders of the character art in this thread and came across the beautiful Deadpool Chef Skin in large size but no transparency unfortunately.

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0030.jpg

The rest are encased in the Spoiler!

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0001.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0002.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0003.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0004.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0005.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0006.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0007.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0008.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0009.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0010.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0011.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0012.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0013.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0014.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0015.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0016.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0017.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0018.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0019.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0020.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0021.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0022.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0023.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0024.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0025.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0026.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0027.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0028.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0029.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0031.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0032.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0033.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0034.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0035.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0036.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0037.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0038.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0039.jpg

image_marvel_ultimate_alliance_3_the_black_order-40534-4299_0040.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Looks like James C. Mathis III, Steve Blum, & Nolan North are back as Black Panther, Wolverine, & Deadpool respectively (to the surprise of nobody, especially for the first two). The real surprise is Roger Craig Smith as Star-Lord, who's actually a surprisingly good fit for the role (he seems to be using a variation of his Sonic voice).

I want a Switch for this game but I want to wait for the rumoured Big Boy SwitchTM that's coming eventually supposedly. The character art is honestly incredible. I went looking around for any bigger renders of the character art in this thread and came across the beautiful Deadpool Chef Skin in large size but no transparency unfortunately.

The rest are encased in the Spoiler!

I already posted transparent renders for the entire playable cast (that we know of so far), Thanos, & most of the Black Order earlier in the thread.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Black Bolt and Medusa have a fair chance of making it in right? Lockjaw (who's not even playable) and Crystal as the only reps would be weird.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Black Bolt and Medusa have a fair chance of making it in right? Lockjaw (who's not even playable) and Crystal as the only reps would be weird.
I might put Quake over Medusa. She's a pretty major although more recent player with a really solid potential moveset that isn't an animators nightmare. Black Bolt is likely

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New video I think? Posted around 10 minutes ago. Edit: Has a nice look at the Spider-Man ultimate or whatever their term for it is at the end. He really goes all out.

Last edited:

ImWatchingYou

May 26, 2019
GTCDkSQ.jpg

I was boring and edited the roster on my phone to figure how many characters can fit on base roster without "breaking" the general layout or oversaturating it. Do you think there are more chars besides the 34 we know?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
GTCDkSQ.jpg

I was boring and edited the roster on my phone to figure how many characters can fit on base roster without "breaking" the general layout or oversaturating it. Do you think there are more chars besides the 34 we know?
Within that lay-out, I can foresee...
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Vision
  • Cyclops
  • Colossus
  • Beast
...being added. If you shrink the character portraits even further, you could probably fit Black Bolt & Medusa.

Last edited:

ImWatchingYou

May 26, 2019
They can easily just shrink things down as they add more characters like they do in Smash.

I thought that, but nope, all the pictures are placed on the layout as they are unlocked. They aren't bigger when there are less. Check out the treehouse when they unlock Nightcrawler and Psylocke, its't not how Smash works.

Maybe when the DLC comes, the layout will change but atm they are just appearing on the same rows and same height

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"You'll notice when that menu comes up there's 4 open slots but in this demo there's only 2 skills, so as you start to level up your character you'll start to kinda go I want skill 1, 4, 6 and this one. And that will be your loadout of skills for that character. And what ends up happening is you start to really tinker with the balance of each of these characters and start to do combo attacks."

That confirms a list of skills for me at least, and not just 4 skills per character. Or maybe those are the levels you get those skills? Would be a really weird way of saying that if that's the case.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Vision
  • Cyclops
  • Colossus
  • Beast
...being added. If you shrink the character portraits even further, you could probably fit Black Bolt & Medusa.
I was wondering precisely this. Watching the gameplay footage I notice the player never got control over Cyclops or Colossus, and they weren't in the roster we saw on the second gameplay so I came to wonder if they were part of the story but weren't playable. I also couldn't find Vision or Antman so I got worried.

Are these characters going to be DLC?

"You'll notice when that menu comes up there's 4 open slots but in this demo there's only 2 skills, so as you start to level up your character you'll start to kinda go I want skill 1, 4, 6 and this one. And that will be your loadout of skills for that character. And what ends up happening is you start to really tinker with the balance of each of these characters and start to do combo attacks."

That confirms a list of skills for me at least, and not just 4 skills per character.

Oh damn that's really cool. I really want this game

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Vision
  • Cyclops
  • Colossus
  • Beast
You know have we seen Vision do any attacks? Because I could see him not being playable.

He was in Ultimate Alliance but just hung around the base and provided exposition.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
GTCDkSQ.jpg

Yeah it's smash style, it'll scale to fit more, they have to for dlc anyways.
Basically this
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Vision
  • Cyclops
  • Colossus
  • Beast
However I'd say Nova is definitely in. That Nova corps cutscene was totally a setup for Rider. Also an atlalin is a basically confirmed level and neither Kamala or Crystal have a team association yet despite both being Avengers which points to an Inhumans ones. Black Bolt is super likely but I'd say the fourth is a toss up between Medusa and Quake. Going half royal family half not would be nice. Or both

Also we have confirmation the E3 roster is NOT final for base and we will likely get another trailer(or direct before release) and even then they might hide a few for a post release surprise for gamers
The fact the official website heroes page has an uneven layout instead of being balanced points to this too. Not to mention each infinity trial has 3 primary costumes and likely won't overlap meaning our roster is likely a multiple of 3 which means we at least have 2 characters left to be revealed if not more

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any good clear footage of synergy attacks being executed? I really want to see that Cap/Iron Man shield deflect synergy.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the game does well enough that we'll get a super expansion pack letting us play as the villains.

I wanna play as Proxima.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also something else I just remembered that points to playable Nova: the Nova Corps have not appeared in either previous mua games! Which was especially strange in the first since there were both kree and Shi'ar levels if I remember right

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
You know have we seen Vision do any attacks? Because I could see him not being playable.

He was in Ultimate Alliance but just hung around the base and provided exposition.

Vision's on a t-shirt for the game, and it'd be weird for them to use an unplayable NPC in the marketing. Also, there's intervals in the X-Mansion mission where you can talk to NPCs, and Vision notably is never one of them despite being around.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
He said Reed Richards initially, I didn't see the edit to Richard Rider.
Oh sorry for jumping on especially since I just remembered you've been pro Nova for base game

Ok fun fact for you guys not only does flight drain energy in the this game but so doe webswinging! As for why we'll i imagine there's some levels where that'd let you Cheese out of things too easily

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I do find it interesting that Cyclops and Colossus help out the players in the battle against the Sentinels while Beast doesn't despite also being present. I think that might be another indication at the two of them being unlockable in the base game, while Beast might end up being DLC and as such doesn't have any battle animations at all yet.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Vision
  • Cyclops
  • Colossus
  • Beast

• Antman
  • Vision
  • Winter Soldier
  • Nova
  • She Hulk
I can see Scott and Co as DLC. Main roster will get 1-2 more wild cards like Elsa.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: Never mind! Just realized it was one of those objects in the Dark Dimension you see elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.