• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Fanbase is going to be pretty happy about the game I think -- it's largely the first game, except modernized/better.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
It was one of the most wishlisted steam games, and the Steam audience has grown massively since the original release. Not really unexpected. I'm more curious how many people like the game. I recall DL1 had similar press reactions, but people loved playing both single player and coop. Hopefully the same with 2

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to try it, but there's just too much else to play this month. I figure the price will have dropped once I'm done with everything I want to play in the near future.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
226k at the moment and will probably only grow over the weekend. Great launch.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
It has some of the most impressive graphics I've ever seen. The ray tracing is insane. I'm really happy they pushed it hard instead of weakening the effects for current pcs. DLSS makes the game playable now, but playing this on future video cards that will be able to run the game natively in 4k at a high framerate is going to be incredible.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Yep I think I'm going to get it, loved the first despite the so so reviews. Looks like the same thing with this one.

Also want to flex the 3080.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Im replaying the first one and I forgot how fun the loop is and the hectic nature of the open world means there is always something popping off.

I'll get DL2 but Imma wait for them to add hard mode in, for me its the definitive way to play the game.

Jul 7, 2021
I'm surprised by my performance so far. With all Ray tracing turned on and DLSS quality I'm getting over 80 FPS. but I just started haven't even hit the city yet, so we'll see, but super happy with my 3060ti right now.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Wowzers. That's unexpected but kudos to the devs at Techland. By reports it was a rocky development. I hope the devs see major payments for their hard work that allowed the game to flourish like this.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Does anyone know where this ranks among Steam's top PAID CCU? DL2 is currently 30th peak CCU all time but tons of F2P above it

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Does anyone know where this ranks among Steam's top PAID CCU? DL2 is currently 30th peak CCU all time but tons of F2P above it

As far as paid games are concerned; Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 4, GTA V, Valheim, PUBG (when it was paid), MHW and New World had a higher CCU.

the rest were F2P games or free week-ends.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
As far as paid games are concerned; Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 4, GTA V, Valheim, PUBG (when it was paid), MHW and New World had a higher CCU.

the rest were F2P games or free week-ends.

PUBG hit its high when it was a paid game, and CSGO was higher before it went F2P as well. There's also Bannerlord and Terraria and I think Rust?

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
This game sells well because it's a parkour game. It's got a zombie theme but it's nothing like any other zombie game. I think the people that wrote it off did so because they think "it's just another boring zombie game". It's not though, it's a niche audience who has been starved since Dying Light and Mirror's Edge Catalyst so many years ago.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
This game sells well because it's a parkour game. It's got a zombie theme but it's nothing like any other zombie game. I think the people that wrote it off did so because they think "it's just another boring zombie game". It's not though, it's a niche audience who has been starved since Dying Light and Mirror's Edge Catalyst so many years ago.
The first game sold, what, 17+ million copies? Dying Light ain't niche.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to devs! Hopefully it sells a lot so we receive more gems from Techland.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nah. Mirror's Edge is basically the founder of the genre and has bombed both times. Some AA (like Ghostrunner) and indie games have done well enough, but the parkour is more of a bonus than a core reason why this series does so well compared to other parkour games.

It's still a co-op zombie fps with rpg elements. Basically catnip on PC, at least.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this game is gonna do fine. I'm very excited about future DLC and updates. It's only gonna get better from here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Here's to another 20 million copies sold like the first one .

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Dying Light is niche?

You think DL2 is doing well because of the Mirror's Edge fanbase? What?

What???

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

Dead Island, the predecessor of Dying Light also did incredibly well too despite being a much jankier, buggier, generally worse game. Techland just struck gold with the zombie rpg formula. The parkour is icing on the cake.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
The first game sold, what, 17+ million copies? Dying Light ain't niche.
Niche doesn't mean what you think it does and I was basically trying to say that they have this corner of the market to themselves because they are just about the only parkour game going around. Niche doesn't mean unsuccessful or unpopular.

Niche:
  1. a comfortable or suitable position in life or employment.
    "he is now a partner at a leading law firm and feels he has found his niche"
  2. a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service.
    "he believes he has found a niche in the market"