• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karamsoul

Oct 27, 2017
I still have not committed to getting the game. Been following and reading this thread, but it is like a roller coaster...you get a few posts saying the game is great, then a few saying it is just ok followed by comments about horrible voice acting/story and others saying the story is pretty good. Then there is gameplay which some seem to say it is fine, others feel there is not a lot of weight to things etc. Opinions and all...but man this game as far as comments from people playing it are all over the place. lol

lol I completely get it. I'm in the same boat here - I want to commit but then the impressions in this thread are all over the place. 😆

Time to check out what SkillUp and ACG have to say.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
lol I completely get it. I'm in the same boat here - I want to commit but then the impressions in this thread are all over the place. 😆

Agree. If there is one game that I wish had a demo it is this one. For those playing on Series X is there any issues specific to that version? I also have a PS5 but I heard that has a weird flickering or something like that with that version.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
alright, so now when I boot the game up, it will only run in DX11. Every time I try to change the setting the DX12U, it forces me to reset and doesn't save the changes. No matter what settings I try, it doesn't load anything accept "high" default settings. I updated the drivers, tried loading it from GeForce Experience…nothing works.

It worked before. And now it's just fucking broken. I would greatly appreciate any help here. Thanks

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Oh. I just turned the game on again to continue playing for a third time and it's also erased my save again ("File corrupted"). Uhhhh. Ive lost 3 hours of progress in this game today. This is crazy. If I didn't get it on PS5 disk, I'd want a refund. This shit seems broken. Corrupting my save twice in a row. I really don't want to do that opening all over again.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Had to stop playing for now on my Series X because the audio glitch now seems tied to my save file. Game is fun to play, but it looks blurry and is just buggy AF. I just want to get to co-op!

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Anyone else having an issue on PC where the game keeps displaying mouse/keyboard prompts instead of controller prompts. I've changed controls to Gamepad but the game just changes it back. It's infuriating.
I had this issue too. There only way I could fix it was I would change the controls to game pad, and had to use the "escape" key to back out of the menu. Then I would save the settings when it asked me. Every other way, it would just revert the settings. This game has some extremely borked settings issues. I can't get out of DX11.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Probably reiterating this but, did you like Dying Light? If so, you will like this game because it is BETTER than Dying Light.

The biggest problem I had with the first game was that the parkour felt like it got in that way of having fun, until you got to the other map with it's big, sprawling rooftops and verticality, unlike Haran in which you would bust your ass if you missed an unintuitive jump and ended up scabbing your knees while hammering R1 just to scrabble up one floor from street level.

The parkour in DL2 is easy mode. Every thing is so much more fluid and speed friendly. And you're only a couple of level ups away from the start to practically flying across the landscape, and this is from someone who hasn't even unlocked the paraglider, and if I'm honest, might be a detriment to the grace that is the traversal as it now stands in my 5.5 hrs in.

I will admit the melee (against infected) in Dying Light felt more visceral and weighty whilst perched atop a lory whittling away at decaying heads with a cricket bat. On the other hand, human combat was best avoided entirely.

DL2 marries and meets the middle ground, allowing the player to wail on zomboes with abandon and challenging the player to adapt to human encounters with generous parries and dodges. Nothing suffers or penalizes the player from one encounter to another. All tools are there from the get go and will suffice the slaughtering hence.

As for the story and dialogue, the first guy you meet sounds like he is reading the menu at a gas station that only serves boiled peanuts. That is not the litmus. That is not the scope. I have met and interacted with more varied charactered personalities (be they Macbeth or Neil Breen) in the first few hours than the entirety of the franchises first entry. Your mileage may vary unless you love JRPGS in which case everyone will sound like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen having a chat over earl grey hot.

If I had a gripe it would be that night shit is way less threatening and far too rewarding (Step Brothers: So Much Room For Activities!). You can near max out certain items in a few hours by standing in the back of a truck and chucking mines and Molotov's. To the developer's credit Dying light enhanced the risk reward, but it always felt like I was playing half the game. In DL2 it feels like you get the whole game as intended, thought slightly nerfed for the sake of fun.

TLDR; Aidey BoBady I was born in 75 but 77 is a pretty good place to be (so far)

It would be cool if Aiden didn't grunt like a stunt cock every time he lifted his foot 2 inches off the ground. It's too much. Calm down sweetie!

Nov 25, 2017
Finland

I was kinda interested but as Elden Ring is basically around the corner decided not to buy this. I mean, 2 open world games back to back... even with burning myself with BF2042 for 300+ hrs and looking for something slower to play I wasn't that interested.

Then I saw DF video and soecifically the RT segments. Get. Finally a proper place to test RT.

Continuing the journey:

Oct 28, 2017
Still loving the game but the audio glitch on XSX (audio cuts out and is replaced by oscillating buzzing sound) is hitting me almost every play session, requiring a restart. It also makes the subtitles go too quickly to read them.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I loved about the original, was unlocking outfits through survivor ranks, on top of the ridiculous amount of DLC they added.

So far, every piece of clothing feels and looks almost exactly the same, and there are no outfits to be found any where it seems, outside of the preorder and deluxe edition ones, unless Google has failed to find a single player to upload any info on that.

It's seriously disappointing, because I don't want to look like I would drown the second I hit water because of how baggy EVERYTHING looks.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
This game is so freaking good and even more addictive than the first one.
I absolutely love that they tuned down the Zombie population during the day time because I always found it tedious to run through all the mobs while doing side quests during the day. Now there`s a more distinct difference between day and night and the "lava ground"-parkour shines more without being annoying.

Storytelling and sidequesting are such an improvement over the first game and make me actually care about the characters and the world. It sure is not the Citizen Kane or Schindler`s List of video games but it works and it`s entertaining.
I just did the florist quest and found it even somehwhat touching. Even some time trial missions have backstory attached to them.

I put in 23 hours in the last three days and just can`t stop playing although there`s one major flaw I absolutely despise in open world games: copy & paste locations. It´s brutal, what were they thinking, lol. And I don`t get how gear works. But then again: I don`t mind because the gameplay is so goddamn fun.

Last edited:

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Climbing windmills, though easier than the communication towers in the first game, terrifies me just as much! My hands get all sweaty, legit start to panic!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Does the website item transfer work for anyone here? I still don't have the Hussar weapon or my twitch drop items. Twitch also still says I should connect my account to it while it already is. 🙄

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of annoyed at how a specific choice works.
Like, no shit I'm gonna tell Marco to his face I won't sell him out, even if I was totally gonna do that. But then the only choice I get is to cover for him when I get back to Julian? Fuck that, I can lie to whoever I want. Goddamn it

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
So the only way to repair weapons is installing mods, which repairs +50 durability, but if it's already at full durability, you get nothing. This is so stupid.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
This game is so fun in co-op. My group keeps putting off the next story mission cos we keep finding new stuff to do.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
I'm extremely annoyed by PS5 version. On one hand I've really been enjoying the game, but on the other it feels so buggy - weird black flickering (which I thought was my console dying LOL), ragdoll physics just straight up not working most of the times and on top of that, very blurry and weirdly washed of colour performance mode (1080p is seriously so bad on 4K display). I'm thinking of either waiting for patches down the line or maybe switching to PC (tho I don't know how well it would work on a laptop with 3060)

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
One thing I loved about the original, was unlocking outfits through survivor ranks, on top of the ridiculous amount of DLC they added.

So far, every piece of clothing feels and looks almost exactly the same, and there are no outfits to be found any where it seems, outside of the preorder and deluxe edition ones, unless Google has failed to find a single player to upload any info on that.

It's seriously disappointing, because I don't want to look like I would drown the second I hit water because of how baggy EVERYTHING looks.

You don't even see yourself...

Denito

Dec 30, 2020
I'm extremely annoyed by PS5 version. On one hand I've really been enjoying the game, but on the other it feels so buggy - weird black flickering (which I thought was my console dying LOL), ragdoll physics just straight up not working most of the times […]
Is this a PS5 exclusive bug? Would love to hear that the wonky ragdoll physics are just a bug and not the way the physics in DL2 work in general.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
After 21 hours i can say that this game is simply amazing, the parkour-combat flow is so perfect and so far i'm more than satisified.

The side quests are surprisingly fun and so far i'm not that "bored" of the open world bloat.

Going by reviews i was expecting a complete shitty story, but so far...it's "ok-ish"? The dialogue goes from pretty bad to good and it's not worse than a Days Gone or an Assassin's Creed or Far Cry title.

0 bugs encountered and the PC version is running pretty well on my machine.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
are there enough water towers to max out both faction skill trees?? I want the crossbow but I also like the mobility skills from the survivors.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word on what the next patch is going to include? Somethings feel off in the game and I'm not sure if it's worth waiting until its patched or if they're just game design choices.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Is this a PS5 exclusive bug? Would love to hear that the wonky ragdoll physics are just a bug and not the way the physics in DL2 work in general.

Honestly, I don't know. Might be consoles version in general, because I've seen console people on reddit mention it. My friend who's playing it on PC didn't say a word about weird physics which is weird because I noticed immediately that it's not working properly and it's pretty apparent, so it's hard to tell what's going on.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
after over a year or so on PS5 I forgot just how bad 30 fps feels.

And I was someone who didn't mind during PS4 days since I also very much enjoyed Far Cry 3 on the 360 lol.

Meanwhile, I'm pleasantly surprised how crisp native 1080p looks, especially on a fast(ish) paced FIrst Person game.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Do weapons get more plentiful as you get further into the game? I'm still pretty early but I definitely remember finding more weapons in the first game and with not being able to repair them I find myself running low on weapons a lot.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
Is it correct that looted Places like Shops or Convois don't get a 'done' Marker?
I looted some Places but on the Map they are still open. The GRE Box I looted became Grey and get a Marker after looting it