• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Will wait some weeks for PC version until I can gather the funds, but will keep an eye on this thread every few minutes lol, godspeed to anyone playing in two hours

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Dipped back in after the patch on XSX and didn't run into any more graphical issues. People were not kidding about the tutorial though, every time I think I'm about to get some autonomy in where I go, the game add a new wrinkle that you have to take care of first. My brain is also having trouble getting into the rhythm of the melee combat - but I'm sure I'll get there. The parkour remains just as fun as ever though!

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
What's the version number with the patch on XSX? I'm at 1.0.2 and haven't been prompted to update. Just started the game a few minutes ago and all the textures turned completely black a couple of minutes in, so I exited and restarted.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about pulling the trigger. For the people who have played it now, what's it like compared to the first game? Was a big fan of the original, story and all.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

To be fair it's in small print lol I can't fucking read

I mean, I don't want to sound rude or anything 😅 but isn't that just common knowledge and like literally every single big console game releases since at least PS4 and One era? 😅

I know global console releases got bigger for smaller games in the last 2 years, especially when a game releases on Game Pass.... (Always annoying) But the general rule is, if a game is big enough to have a retail version, it's releasing midnight digitally in your country.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thinking about pulling the trigger. For the people who have played it now, what's it like compared to the first game? Was a big fan of the original, story and all.

It's great so far. I thought I will hate the change of almost empty streets on day and zombies out there at night, but the idea, how and why this is a thing and how it affects yourself at night works so great, in the game world, I'm super digging that. So far I also like the story and characters and how straight forward and cinematic the main missions are, it's good. (Main character is weak tho)
Killing zombies feels a bit weaker and not as special as with the first one unfortunately, cause the heaviness and realism of the bodies and physic are kinda missing, 3 steps backwards and it feels like you're hitting Mannequins, that's a bit disappointing, but overall it's still Dying Light. If you loved the first one you will like or love this too.

I recommend the IGN review, besides the heavy focus on bugs which most likely won't be affecting you, cause it seems they were just very unlucky with some of them, also pre D1 patch, their overall view on the game and positive points are pretty strong here, it's a very good look at the postive and negative things of the game.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Version 1.004. I'm starting now.

screenshot2022-02-04a4ojux.png

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I don't want to sound rude or anything 😅 but isn't that just common knowledge and like literally every single big console game releases since at least PS4 and One era? 😅

I know global console releases got bigger for smaller games in the last 2 years, especially when a game releases on Game Pass.... (Always annoying) But the general rule is, if a game is big enough to have a retail version, it's releasing midnight digitally in your country.
Nah it's not rude.
Just didn't think about it and when I saw 7pm est I was like cool.

I just think it's a dumb thing especially if the PC version unlocks 5 hours before hand.

Witcher 3 unlocked early on Digital irrc on ps4.

Anyway, no big deal. Just thought it was an exception to a very normal rule like you said

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It's great so far. I thought I will hate the change of almost empty streets on day and zombies out there at night, but the idea, how and why this is a thing and how it affects yourself at night works so great, in the game world, I'm super digging that. So far I also like the story and characters and how straight forward and cinematic the main missions are, it's good. (Main character is weak tho)
Killing zombies feels a bit weaker and not as special as with the first one unfortunately, cause the heaviness and realism of the bodies and physic are kinda missing, 3 steps backwards and it feels like you're hitting Mannequins, that's a bit disappointing, but overall it's still Dying Light. If you loved the first one you will like or love this too.

I recommend the IGN review, besides the heavy focus on bugs which most likely won't be affecting you, cause it seems they were just very unlucky with some of them, also pre D1 patch, their overall view on the game and positive points are pretty strong here, it's a very good look at the postive and negative things of the game.

Sold. Pulled the trigger, thanks for your impressions.

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
On Steam the day one patch isn't downloaded yet. It's sitting there but says it's waiting for game release. 29.9GB

Edit: actually it looks like it is downloaded, just not applied yet.
I think it sticks the install in an encrypted "temp" folder, then literally shifts it to the correct directory upon unlock time.

Mine is also sitting on 29.9GB "app not released"

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Just about 8.5 hours running around jumping from rooftop to rooftop now and just had my first annoying bug. Oddly it was an audio bug. All of a sudden sounded like the in game audio decided it would much rather forsake all effects and music and just pretend it was a pair of electric clippers instead. Very loud. Very startling XD

Just closed the game and reopened it and it sorted itself out, but it was more startling than the zombies.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
lol I caved and got it at the last possible second to get the preorder bonus

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really dug the beginning. Performance mode is real nice, looks sharper than 1080p to me even though I know it isn't. FYI you unlock the co-op only after 90 minutes to 2 hours…

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aww. Can't play on Xbox till midnight... Was really hyped for 7 pm

nevermind - just changed my location to new Zealand. Playing now#

Last edited:

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any previews or opinions on how multi-player is? I might get it on ps5 if that's something that's actually fun.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Oof my friend can't get into the game either. Soon as I start a new save I get a loading screen then crash

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
this game is screaming on my 2070s at 1440p dlss quality with the DF midrange settings 90-120fps

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Is mouse rebindings to mouse 4/5 broken for anyone? Tried switch something to mouse 4 and the game locked up until i hit escape. Then the key shows as mouse 4 and a bunch of other numbers. Then when trying to see and come back, it reset the binding back to middle mouse button default.