• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I know this is a personal bias, but I love Spring releases as I have more time to play them. When everything gets pushed to the late summer/fall, not only do I have less time to play them because of life responsibilities but also everything is stacked on top of each. Less time to play + too many games to play = sad me.

Spaced out released are the best
Agreed. I tend to have more time after the holidays to play and with the new consoles coming, going to be hard to buy and play everything at the end of the year. Shocking that nobody took advantage of the light schedule this winter/spring. Money left on the table

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What's the alternative?

I mean I'm not for crunch but as a consumer you'd rather buy an unfinished and broken product with the promise of it being fixed later?

Isn't that was 90% of all game releases are these days anyway? Where you get massive amount of patches in the first week to fix stuff, sometimes even with missing content, sometimes they need 1-2 months for quality problems (specially ports) with the other half of devs trying to sell you the rest of the modes and or small content doses in a laughable 40 bucks season pass.

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
They also got another team on a new unannounced AAA rpg IP AFAIK, which is probably moving things slower.

Linkedin info could of been old so not sure if shelved.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All these delays and we still got people who believe Elden Ring and BOTW2 are 2020 XD
Predator is probably next on the hit list.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
this is one that I didn't even think that it was going to come close to anywhere near Spring 2020..........especially with not the systems they are using at play here. It's a really ambitious title.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's almost like they all waited for the okay by seeing what each other (the competition) were doing first and then being realistic about it and being like "yeah, better delay it".

Oct 27, 2017
Lol

TLOU 2 delayed
Cyberpunk delayed
FF7R delayed
Dying Light delayed

Good on these devs for doing the right thing.

Now i expect Ghost of Tsushima to be delayed lol

Sony Bend quite smartly haven't given a release date for GoT, as I recall. Although I imagine Sony will want it out no later than at the PS5 launch - assuming it will be cross-gen compatible. If they can give it a next-gen lick of paint then I imagine it would make a really strong launch title.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, well at this point, this gen is officially over, as far as I'm concerned. I don't plan on playing a single upcoming AAA game on current-gen systems. Can't wait for next-gen.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Lol

TLOU 2 delayed
Cyberpunk delayed
FF7R delayed
Dying Light delayed

Good on these devs for doing the right thing.

Now i expect Ghost of Tsushima to be delayed lol
Technically Ghost got a delay internally when TLOU got pushed back, was initially meant to take the May slot. Hopefully that means it's safe when we do get a date.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I was a bit skeptical of this hitting current gen. The scope of the thing just looks to grand to fit on modern hardware.

Take your time Techland

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sony Bend quite smartly haven't given a release date for GoT, as I recall. Although I imagine Sony will want it out no later than at the PS5 launch - assuming it will be cross-gen compatible. If they can give it a next-gen lick of paint then I imagine it would make a really strong launch title.

Sucker Punch, not Sony Bend.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
3moin8.jpg

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i didn't wait for the 3000 series and i bought a 2070super to play absolute nothing...

fuck me...

Jan 9, 2018
I wonder if this would be moved to next gen
I could see Xbox using this to show off series x or even having it as a timed exclusive

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I did my playthrough of the first game on my 1080ti, and it was pretty gorgeous at 4k/60fps, so I think in the same it's worth the wait to hold out for the next-gen variant rather than playing on current consoles.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
My bet now is Spring 2021, with simultaneous PS4/PS5/One X/Series X release. Them not giving a new release window is a big red flag

Oct 25, 2017
Did they not say that the initial idea for Dying Light 2 was so crazy it was probably going to be next gen?

I guess I'll be getting this on PS5 judging by the delay.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My bet now is Spring 2021, with simultaneous PS4/PS5/One X/Series X release. Them not giving a new release window is a big red flag

yeah, im not expecting them to say a word until they hammer out a solid release date, and im willing to bet its gonna be march or april of 2021. They will probably go dark, then start spinning up the marketing Cycle again around the start of the fall

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unironically calling yourself a "consumer". Assuming crunch means the game won't still come out broken. This post is so clown shoes I wanna cry a little.

Also, to answer your question, the alternative is delay the game to a reasonable date so that the devs dont have to work more than at most 50 hours a week. The downside to this is that some rich dickheads in suits are going to get slightly less of an initial return on their investments so instead, just grind those devs into dust. Besides, there's plenty of new employees we can crunch waiting to replace them and they will absolutely never go away. This is a completely sustainable industry!
Nice of you to get personal. But you do realize that being a "consumer" has positive conotations as well right?

Anyway how do you even know if this new date isn't just that? Reasonable? They could've gone ahead with this descision to offer the employees a bit more leeway.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
How many E3s have come and gone with this game being unplayable by members of the press? Two? Three? I'll be shocked if anyone's allowed to go hands-on with this game before 2020 is up.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to stop Isabelle before she delays her own game

ExtinguirX

Nov 22, 2018
I was waiting both Cyberpunk and Dying Light.
I'm starting to think I'll buy these for the next-gen consoles.
Any idea on the release date of Watch Dogs: Legion?

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I like how they didn't give out a date as it implies they aren't committing to crunching towards a later date. Of course it's likely not what they're doing but it makes me hopeful that they are.