• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

The page is still cached on google:
Screenshot-20210123-134020.png

This was added in the last 2 weeks (based on google's caching tools) and was taken down since.
A release date announcement might be soon?

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I dunno man, I'm not feeling it. A zombie game's collector's edition just isn't appealing without a decapitated bust in a bikini.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Dying light was one of the best games of last gen. Hope an announcement comes soon. Been waiting a long time for this

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England

I picked it up cheap few years back and went into it not expecting much, since zombie stuff kinda got oversaturated over the past decade, but it was a pleasant surprise - I really enjoyed my time with it. Exploring using parkour is fun, and they really nailed the atmosphere and fear at night time. Story was a bit whatever though, but everything else was fun.

Keizza

Oct 27, 2017
i loved dying light sooooooooo much. i can't wait for the sequel. the devs have tweeted that info is coming this year for sure. it's NOT dead.

Oct 27, 2017
That 26 minute demo left a strong impression. I still maintain a belief in this game's ability to be good - and better than the first.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If this game releases that studio deserves a fucking statue

Raigor

May 14, 2020
If this game releases that studio deserves a fucking statue

The first Dying Light had WB bankrolling the development and putting a good budget on marketing, with the second one they are aiming to have a much bigger game by self-publishing the title. I really want the game to be good.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dying Light wins 2 of my generation awards for last-gen: best surprise and best menu music. It's a great little game so I was anxiously awaiting for this one and the reveal looked stellar. The latest news left me very worried though and only reviews could make me believe again.
By not having next-gen versions there I assume they're pulling a Cyberpunk and releasing an update later? That would suck. That or this is a leak for something that was made a long time ago before the first delay

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
How many era users are going to be too afraid to turn that UV light on in their bedrooms?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Very cautious on this one, this game and studio has been on a weird journey.

I picked up the Definitive Edition of the first one and it was alright, certainly won't mind waiting and seeing with DL2

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
The first Dying Light had WB bankrolling the development and putting a good budget on marketing, with the second one they are aiming to have a much bigger game by self-publishing the title. I really want the game to be good.

I thought WB just published the title in most regions? They just let the IP go after the first was such a huge success?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I thought WB just published the title in most regions? They just let the IP go after the first was such a huge success?

They never owned the IP in the first place, Techland always owned the IP (after they lost Dead Island to Deep Silver they would never give it away) but WB was publishing the game digitally and physically but in 2016 or 2017 they reverted the publishing rights to Techland.

DL2 is self-published digitally by Techland.

Koch Media/Deep Silver are publishing the retail version in EU and Square Enix in the Americas.

Mar 19, 2020
I loved the first game and the trailers for this looked great but I'm honestly expecting a Cyberpunk situatio with this. I dont buy that the game will be what they sold it to be. As long as it's fun and runs well I don't really mind but I'm keeping my expectations in check.

May 7, 2020
If this is fake then I am impressed. Definitely someone I can see having a future in product design if they aren't in the field already. That figurine couldn't have been easy to do.

They have been teasing some news "very soon", and they finally started acknowledging it exists again. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im honestly surprised people really thought DL2 wasn't coming out.

This isn't the same situation as DI2 but I do wonder how much of the choice and consequence system will be in place.

AJUK

May 28, 2019

For me early on it was great, slow daytime zombies that don't pose much threat unless you're careless or make a mistake, at nighttime the stronger zombies came out and it was legit petrifying to be out of the safe zones. However as the game went on you became too strong and the whole thing fell flat. There was all sorts of dlc that looked wacky, but I had no interest in that.

I know it's my personal opinion but it's such a shame they couldn't make a real go of the basic premise. The same applies for the majority of games for me though. Ie I enjoy fallout when you're scavenging through junk to buy a crappy weapon, when you get power armour etc I lose interest.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Dying Light wins 2 of my generation awards for last-gen: best surprise and best menu music. It's a great little game so I was anxiously awaiting for this one and the reveal looked stellar. The latest news left me very worried though and only reviews could make me believe again.
By not having next-gen versions there I assume they're pulling a Cyberpunk and releasing an update later? That would suck. That or this is a leak for something that was made a long time ago before the first delay

I'd like to hear the list of nominees for "Best Menu Music" of an entire gen of games.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Dying Light was such a great surprise, I love it. So, I hope the second one comes out without any issue.

The other day I was watching some of the Dying Light 2 demo's, and you could draw so many parallelism with Cyberpunk 2077...I really hope nothing bad had happened within the studio.