• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Sport fanbases can be incredibly toxic and frankly disgusting online so I won't read comments but much respect to Wade and gabby. Hopefully they can open some close minds.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome and hopefully something that sparks positive changes and conversation in the black community. Our black trans sisters and brothers need as much support as they can get as they are usually on the receiving end of a lot of shit. Basically if you're a black trans, there is a good chance you'll get murdered. Way higher risk than the general populace. And to add insult to injury you don't hear about it often even in the larger LGBT community. Seems like no one cares. It's a horrifying statistics.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
This is the job of every parent. Create the safe space. The loving space, that locks out the bigotry and hate. That allows your children to be who they need to be. I wish all children had those spaces.

I'm glad they put this out. This is less about who they are as parents, and more about shining the path for other parents whom are afraid to stand with their children in this way.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing. Culture that is big on traditional masculinity image/roles need to be exposed to LGBTQ+ people as a normal part of life that is normal and worth supporting and celebrating. Guys like Wade who are heroes to many people are the ones who can help make that happen.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing more powerful and more comforting than a parent's unconditional love and support. Good on Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
The camera nod at the end of the first clip is the real shit. Great daddery going on here, happy for them.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
A lot of the time you're afraid to hear about the personal lives of an athlete or celebrity because they may secretly be garbage. This is especially true if they are your favorite performer of that type. Couldn't be me here. D-Wade is my favorite athlete of all time and he keeps backing that up even in his retirement. He's affirming and explicitly looking to learn-- when you go into these conversations with an attitude like that, it's less of a big deal if your terms and decorum aren't up to snuff from the start. That open heart is the core of a great ally.

I wish Zaya and Dwyane the best. Keep being awesome examples.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I remember Wade was essentially the second coming of Michael Jordan in the 06' finals good to see he's serious about parenting.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dwyane Wade is the fucking best. I grew up in South Florida and watching him be incredible, on and off the court.

El_Mau

Oct 25, 2017
What a beautiful speech from her, it's amazing to see so much wisdom from a 12 years old.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is pretty badass. Always so satisfying when a big figure with a huge following like him does something like this.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
This is great! All it takes to understand trans people is a combination of sympathy and curiosity. Hope more fathers follow Dwayne's footsteps.

Fuzzery

Oct 25, 2017
It's great that they're so supportive. Sad to see so much blatant transphobia on twitter though

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Are all kids so intelligent and well spoken nowadays? Playing video games online? You'd never know. I may have to change my stance on children being annoying as fuck. This child here is awesome.

Good on them for raising her right!

Oh btw. Do not read the Twitter replies. It made me very upset .... And I'll leave it at that. Horrible people exist on this planet.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Amazing story, I hope it can make some small difference.

Absolutely do not read the replies.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its heartwarming to see parents accept and love their kids TRUELY unconditionally. That said, I am in need of some education myself. I was told that undergoing a transition before puberty hits is a bad thing health wise and it should wait until after puberty. Is this true or crap?