• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling publishers are going to get burned on these kinds of remasters/ports with BC being available on both next gen consoles. Both RE7 and DMC5 are still good ass looking games, do they think a significant number of people are going to be willing to shell out $40-60 for upgrades?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
DMC V SE with zero load times, more QoL changes, manual Devil Breaker switch, revamped V moveset, playable Vergil/Trish/Lady and Divergence mode please.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Ha, the famous capcpom strategy.

"Sir, we're running out of games to port !
- Port those of last year, then we'll remaster the remasters !"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully this means DMC5:SE with...
  • Playable Vergil, Trish, & Lady
  • Devil Breaker switching for Nero
  • Zero load times
  • A new VA for Morrison (preferably one who's actually black)
  • Must Style mode (I.E. you need to get a S style rank minimum to actually deal damage)
  • Legendary Dark Knight difficulty (I.E. a metric fuck-ton of enemies)
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for a new Dante VA until Capcom gets that new mo-cap studio built so they can phase out Just Cause Productions.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
DMC5:SE with playable Virgil, Trish, Lady, LDK mode, new bosses, etc... Is fine and all, but the single biggest feature would DMC5 with tolerable loading time.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Meanwhile, at Capcom:
maxresdefault.jpg
Hopefully the -brand new sku- PS5/XSX versions have the dead zones fixed at least lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed they don't expect us to buy the games all over again next gen...

But considering it's Capcom, we all know they will.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Ins't he a mod? lol
I'm sure they can give him another pass if he asks.

Yeah, he's a mod

I get the feeling publishers are going to get burned on these kinds of remasters/ports with BC being available on both next gen consoles. Both RE7 and DMC5 are still good ass looking games, do they think a significant number of people are going to be willing to shell out $40-60 for upgrades?

I mean, in general, maybe? But for RE? Ports are so ingrained into it, I doubt it. I think DMC fans are so desperate for anything they'll end up whatever Capcom serves up lol

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This'll happen a lot.

Thanks to bc on XSX and PS5 many users will buy last-gen games for cheap on sale. So many devs will surely do the math and try to sell 4k60, etc. ultra-hd editions for 20-30$ a pop instead of only getting 5-10$ from a sale of the last-gen versions.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I think what's interesting too is that the RE engine games are at/nearish 4K~ 60~ on the enhanced consoles, so I would be really surprised to see what they would add to distinguish them (RT? 120FPS? extra content?)

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
If they're special editions, then people will buy them.

May 15, 2019
Gimme the Vergil baby. Even if DMC5SE is full price on PC it's worth it, I'll put another 150 hours into that shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this will be a free patch to those of us who already own the games and an excuse for Capcom/other publishers to effectively re-release the game promoting its enhanced next-gen features for newcomers. If they genuinely expect people to buy the games again even if they already own them they can take a fucking walk.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'm a sucker for this. I'm so in for RE7, DMC, RE2 & RE3 to ride again on my Series X with native ports. Give me the original trilogy as well upscaled to 4k and I'm good for a long while.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously not, but I bought DMC5 under the hopes that Vergil would be playable in it (either as an unlockable or as DLC), and if I have to spend $60 again to have access to Vergil I'm gonna be fuckin' pissed.
Vergil has never been playable in a vanilla version of a game.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
And I just pulled the trigger on RE7 digitally for PS4 because it was only 10€...

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
At most... I can see something along the lines of DMC4SE (which was a great next-gen glow-up). Three more playable characters, with the exact same mission structure but pretty much just an intro and a closing cinematic. Like that's what I expect of DMC5SE, if it happens, playable Lady, Trish, and Vergil, but no real added story. Like, it'd be a swerve if they included Lucia (just to tie in the whole grand finale feel).

The RE games--I'd expect at most we get remixed versions of what came before. Ghost Survivor's type missions, new costumes, just reuses of existing assets and easy, minor tweaks. They most certainly aren't going to add the A/B scenarios or Clock Tower. Depending on just how much they add (and whether MS is lying about Backwards Compatibility) is what will determine whether or not I buy them. Honestly, REVII might be the toughest to improve on next generation, if only because the Banned Footage DLCs already added all the wacky bullshit modes I'd expect to see.

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to be honest, if RE7 gets an updated version that adds content and REmake 3 is left to rot then I will be really disappointed in Capcom.

What would an RE7 even add? Better graphics, new enemies, new areas? That sounds like a lot of useless stuff. RE7 is already perfect with it's content.

REmake 2 and 3 are way more deserving of an updated next gen version. Especially 3 which was very close to being great but all it needed is to be closer to the original game. REmake 2 would also benefit from expanding the A/B scenarios into how the original game was.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If DMC5SE has the kind of new content that DMC4SE did then yes, fans will buy it up.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Doesn't seem worthwhile for RE7 unless they were planning some type of director's cut/extended edition that also supports VR with hand tracking controllers.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

With a publisher like Capcom I don't think they have much choice. Their output of new games is really low, with ports and remasters making up the bulk of their releases. They can't afford to give up on that revenue stream.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is why we didn't a GoTY edition with playable Vergil / Ladies. Then again not just release that on current consoles and make it BC for next gen?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I am going to be honest, if RE7 gets an updated version that adds content and REmake 3 is left to rot then I will be really disappointed in Capcom.

What would an RE7 even add? Better graphics, new enemies, new areas? That sounds like a lot of useless stuff. RE7 is already perfect with it's content.

REmake 2 and 3 are way more deserving of an updated next gen version. Especially 3 which was very close to being great but all it needed is to be closer to the original game. REmake 2 would also benefit from expanding the A/B scenarios into how the original game was.

This

Personally also, RE7 was an fantastic experience and a more memorable one than RE2 and 3 remakes (and I revere them) but it was a more 'twice and done' deal

Two full extensive playthroughs and I've no desire to revisit it, whereas 2&3 I like to romp through occasionally

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Eliminate the loading times of DMC 5 and I'll be over the moon. The only reason I don't wanna chase the plat is because the loading can be unbearable