• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm open to it as long as regular RE games don't stop (which they won't) and it doesn't ignore/retroactively ruin everything that came before it and potentially after it.

Oct 25, 2017
REremake as a co-op game!(Chris+ Rebecca, Jill + Barry. All 4 team up at end)
Outbreak remake as an open-world MMO, GAAS

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
If this is a VR game i will squeal like a 9 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried about RE fatigue. We got RE7 in 2017, RE2 in 2019, RE3 in 2020 and then one next year and another the year after. That's 5 RE games in 6 years. That's a lot.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm worried about RE fatigue. We got RE7 in 2017, RE2 in 2019, RE3 in 2020 and then one next year and another the year after. That's 5 RE games in 6 years. That's a lot.
I understand being worried about the quality of the games potentially taking a hit. But you can always play them a year or two later.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I understand being worried about the quality of the games potentially taking a hit. But you can always play them a year or two later.
Oh no I'm not talking about the quality of the games. I'm fully confident that the quality of these games will be amazing. It's 2-3 teams working on these games. I was referring to the consumers/fans. I would hate to see a decline in sales due to fatigue of the franchise. I'm not really a RE fan to be honest, of Capcom's staple of IP it's probably my least favorite.

The more interesting thing is what else is Capcom doing. We will be getting a MHW2 but that ain't gonna be for a while, won't be getting a DMC game for a while cause Itsuno will probably do something else, SFVI is definitely in development, & rumor has it that Capcom is working on another fighting game not named Street Fighter VI. I also heard another Mega Man game is coming but don't know what form it will be.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Hard to imagine what it would be like. Definitely curious to find out, since DG says it will be revealed relatively soon.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The first thing I thought of for what the departure could be was that if they're finally going full supernatural. They've flirted with the idea so many times and if this game started towards the end of RE7's development time, I can see a lot of people taking that game's ideas and using them for a supernatural horror game.

Or maybe that's just me hoping the gameplay isn't too different.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they will finally drop the virus plot and go for a new fully supernatural take aka Silent Hill? No more real world explanations, no more labs, but pure ghosts and demons and shit. Would give them much more freedom in gameplay and story.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Umbrella Lab Manager; Dungeon Keeper style. Choose your 'cover' (Old mansion, Police station, etc), create puzzles; place zombies and monsters; and see if the hero makes it to the end.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
giphy.gif

emoji-discord-meme-android-imgur-thinking-thumb.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
We got
Revelations
Operation Raccoon City

All in 2012,
Don't worry about it.

RE1 - 96
RE2 - 98
RE3 - 99
CV - 00
Survivor - 00
Gaiden - 01
REmake - 02
Zero - 02
Dead Aim - 03
Outbreak - 03
Outbreak F2 - 04
RE4 - 05
UC - 07
RE5 - 09
DC - 09

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil

I'm very much ok with having one game of the series every year, I actually look forward to it.

It's not like this is a 50 hour RPG or something like Assassin's Creed. It's just a 6-10 hour horror adventure. 6-10 hours of Resident Evil a year won't cause fatigue. Especially if it keeps the quality as good as the last three.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I think the biggest thing they could potentially do at this point that would be even more divisive than REVII is to have a narrative first person adventure game aka a "walking sim." Or something along the lines of Frictional Games' output.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
The franchise has been like that from the start pretty much. The series is 24 years old and there's about the same number of games.
We got
Revelations
Operation Raccoon City

All in 2012,
Don't worry about it.

RE1 - 96
RE2 - 98
RE3 - 99
CV - 00
Survivor - 00
Gaiden - 01
REmake - 02
Zero - 02
Dead Aim - 03
Outbreak - 03
Outbreak F2 - 04
RE4 - 05
UC - 07
RE5 - 09
DC - 09
I'm very much ok with having one game of the series every year, I actually look forward to it.

It's not like this is a 50 hour RPG or something like Assassin's Creed. It's just a 6-10 hour horror adventure. 6-10 hours of Resident Evil a year won't cause fatigue. Especially if it keeps the quality as good as the last three.
Oh damn, I never realized that. Ok then, let it rock. If they selling well then lets go!!!