• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
much worse than open world would be if they make a always online loot shooter out of it

i don't even want to think about the possibility

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I'm really intrigued in what RE8 will take. Anyways, it can't be worse than RE5 and RE6, right ?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
damn its gonna be open world isn't it. or online somehow.

ah well. RE7 blew me away, I'm excited to see whatever they cook up next

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Resident Sméagol?

gollum.jpg

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Turn based JREPG?

If next game is VR exclusive, the fanbase will need open wallets before an open mind, since it's still expensive af.

Last edited:

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I thought RE3 would be semi open world like the evil within 2. Open world just wouldn't work with RE
open world can work, very easily, it just depends on their goals. Something like RE3 where the outbreak is happening in a city? Open world would be the logical choice and fit well. Something more akin to RE1/2? It wouldn't.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Bioterrorism simulator . Create your own virus and watch its effects. Sell to bidders and engage in authentic auctioneering simulation .

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still standing by that for now that I'm not wrong about that either and it'll pop up eventually, but I'm not as certain about that as I am about this as I don't know anyone at Konami to get 100% confirmation. But all I can say is I've seen enough to believe it strongly myself right now, but if I learn things to prove or disprove it later, I'll be open about it.

Oh really?

So... the dream is not dead?

YASSSS

I choose to #BELIEVE.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So this could mean that it started as a spin off but now will be added to the main storyline? (Original RE3 reference)

An open world or RPG would be crazy but would'nt hate the idea.

Sep 14, 2018
I have my vomit prepared.

Also, there's so many rumors I don't even know what my name is anymore.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I can't think of a single thing that the Resident Evil franchise could do that I wouldn't be 110% on board with. Well... the video game side of the franchise...

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
If they go full sci fi with this and finally scratch that Dead Space itch then I will be beyond in

Or an It Follows inspired open world with a constant stalker character gunning for you at all times.

This series can honestly go so many directions and I'm hyped.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I want to get really invested and curious about what this game could be, but after Dusk reassured me that late game areas like the clock tower were still in RE3 remake and Capcom was just saving it in terms of marketing, I need to not be so invested in insider/leaker info. That's something entirely on me though.