• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for giving so many details Dusk, I really appreciate it. RE is very special to me and still my favorite gaming IP.

2 questions. I don't know if you can reveal too much but is re8 more action oriented like RE3 remake or does it have a stronger emphasis on survival horror like RE7/RE2 Remake?

Do you think Capcom will ever make an RE game where Ada Wong is the main protagonist? I feel she deserves it, she's a very interesting character.

Thanks again.

May 7, 2020
For enemy talk, I'm not saying anything new here as all of this was in the Ambassador demo, but even just in that there were:
-Zombies, they're a new type of zombie though.
-Beastmen, the werewolf things people mention.
-Witch, a stalker who's really tall with an obscured face, laughs a lot and does things with insects.
-Juggernaut, its this burly chained up dude with a staff.

And I can tell you there's more than thesr four enemies in the game.
What are the chances of spiders in the game?

Please tell me it's 0%

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I mean, the model they chose (Geordie Dandy) for RE Engine Chris was fine, I think. For some reason they just tweaked it so much for RE7 it didn't fit people's perception of Chris from previous games. I feel Capcom did a much better job with adapting the models they chose for RE2 and 3 Remakes.

So I don't mind if they keep Geordie's face for Chris. They just need to tweak it a bit more in a more familiar direction.

As a reminder, here is Geordie being used for another game- and, IMO, closer to the pre-established 'look' of Redfield

izoy6nv5ufm21.jpg

I feel like if this is how Chris showed up at the end of RE7 there wouldn't be nearly the same level of controversy.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Alright, now I'm getting caught in the hype--looking forward to see what Capcom cooked up in this one.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He looks like a walking tree trunk, character model was absurd. Personally Im not mad about the RE7 version, I want the REmake version of him back, but the RE7 model is far preferable to that RE5/RE6 abomination
Lord no not even fucking remotely.

Handsome, rugged, would trust with my life.

origin.jpg

Boring, untrustworthy, weak, looks like a side villain about to be shot by Gerard Butler.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
For enemy talk, I'm not saying anything new here as all of this was in the Ambassador demo, but even just in that there were:
-Witch, a stalker who's really tall with an obscured face, laughs a lot and does things with insects.

And I can tell you there's more than these four enemies in the game and the zombies and Beastmen have some variety to them.

Man, I really wish there Ambassador invites weren't always on a Tuesday/Wednesday deal. I get the email invites, but can never really go. That is if this demo was one of the playable events they were holding.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I hope that it's scary in a way similar to RE7.

That game's pretty much the height of Resident Evil's fear factor, to me

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get proper zombies in this one. I liked 7 but the mold or whatever they're called are nothing compared to the classic RE zombie.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019

And I can tell you there's more than these four enemies in the game and the zombies and Beastmen have some variety to them.
Will be First Person ?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, "disturbing" doesn't actually mean goofy and anime as fuck, but actually terrifying.
Meh. Call me when they have an entirely new third person RE game with cool monsters.
Right on.

Also, we'll see. Not everything seen behind closed doors ends up being factual. (I'm looking at you REmake 2 Isomentric mode. I'm still salty about that shit.)

[Will it be first person] Yes.
Oh. Whatever then.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love Capcom's monster design and can't wait to see 'em.

Can you tell something about the gameplay? Is it going to be basically RE7 or the gameplay will have some exciting changes too?

Edit. First person RE4-like suplex please? haha

May 7, 2020
Lord no not even fucking remotely.

Handsome, rugged, would trust with my life.

origin.jpg

Boring, untrustworthy, weak, looks like a side villain about to be shot by Gerard Butler.
That just looks like an anime character vs an actual human to me. I think roid rage Chris would look ridiculous in the new engine, if they are gonna keep his arms that big maybe they could cover him in acne to keep it somewhat vaguely realistic.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That just looks like an anime character vs an actual human to me. I think roid rage Chris would look ridiculous in the new engine, if they are gonna keep his arms that big maybe they could cover him in acne to keep it somewhat vaguely realistic.
Yeah because you can't have stylistic characters in the RE engine.
devil-may-cry-5-nero-1.jpg

Also how the fuck is that "anime" and why is that a bad thing exactly? Fuck realism. Realism is what nearly cost us the giant gator.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a lot of fun. I love Capcom's monster design and can't wait to see 'em.

Can you tell something about the gameplay? Is it going to be basically RE7 or the gameplay will have some exciting changes too?
RE7 basis but built upon. IE, it plays pretty similarly to RE7, though the different characters play a bit differently and there's a few new mechanics. Most of the difference comes in how the game is designed though.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
RE7 basis but built upon. IE, it plays pretty similarly to RE7, though the different characters play a bit differently and there's a few new mechanics. Most of the difference comes in how the game is designed though.
You wouldn't happen to know if the gunplay is any better, would you? Like, better hit reactions or anything from the enemies?

May 7, 2020

Also how the fuck is that "anime" and why is that a bad thing exactly? Fuck realism. Realism is what nearly cost us the giant gator.
Mate that's devil may cry, been a while since anyone considered that to be resident evil. About 20 years by my count.

and even though that bloke is a demon Hunter that has a detachable metal arm and can turn into a devil, he still looks more like a human than roid rage Chris.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this gets annoying tbh. It's like do people know what anime actually is? Good grief.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't happen to know if the gunplay is any better, would you? Like, better hit reactions or anything from the enemies?
Actually I do have something to say to this, and the answer is yes they will. By quite a bit actually. I don't want to word it like this as people can easily take this the wrong way, Rev 3 was in development before RE4 Remake even existed, but they have used RE8 to experiment with a few small ideas for RE4 Remake, and one area is hit reaction. Though what appears here won't specifically be the same as hit reaction in RE4 Remake as ultimately they go with what works for gameplay style, but I do know making the enemies have visible feedback from being shot was a focus for part of development.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
y'all plebs out there wanting dark and grittier RE and nobody played Revelations 2, shame on you all. Rev 2 is top tier RE, ill fight all of you.

R1fdEt3.gif

in fact didnt Dusk Golem say RE8 was initially Rev 3? if so its no surprise its gruesome coming from Rev 2

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually it sounds like they are trying to please both of us. At least that's something. You have to admit they have been pretty good at listening to the fans for the last few years?
I like that they're apparently making him closer to the Chris I like. I was quite pleased with how Jill, Leon, Dante, Nero and such looked in the RE engine so I know they could do it.

I'm more referring to the story hints Dusk Golem posted earlier in the thread. Combine that with this being another first person game killed a lot of my interest.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

That......is not even remotely close to being true come on now.
This is true to an extent. Take Michelangelo's David, for instance. While very realistic, it has choice exaggerated proportions meant to accentuate and capture certain idealized aspects of the human figure. You'll find this common throughout art history.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wait wait wait... people are actually arguing that RE5 isnt anime?

boulder punching Chris and Matrix Wesker and mind control crystal Jill isnt anime?

O_o

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Everything I'm hearing about this game has me really excited. I've been tired of action hero brodude Chris since day zero, so Capcom giving us something different with his character is a welcome change.

I've always wanted RE to fully commit to its horror and double down on its darker and gorier aspects instead of always starting out as horror and escalating to a horror-themed action game. It seems like they're taking the most well-received aspects of RE7 (the survival horror) and turning it up to 11.

Also, I just really, really want to see my girl Jill finally return. Please Capcom!

I STILL can't believe we're supposedly getting a new Silent Hill, from the dream team too 🤯

I've been following the rumours since they first surfaced and I still get all giddy just thinking about it. This is far more to me than a Kojima Silent Hills could ever be. Hella excited

One of my biggest issues with RE7 (as much as I love it) was the lack of enemy variety once the molded appeared, so this is so good to see!

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017

How does the game handle multiple characters? Different campaigns based on the character like RE2 and 6 or are they gonna swap playable characters as you progress through the same campaign?