• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So if it runs bad on PS5, how bad does it run on base PS4/XB1? Perhaps they're more conservative with resolution there.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm glad, for personal reasons as well as logical reasons. The game will make far more money cross gen.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool. No need to buy a PS5 until Ragnarok unless that is cross gen too.

I wonder what the upgrade path will be.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
My thought has been that it didn't make commercial sense for a third party publisher to limit a new mainline entry in such a major franchise to, what will be, such a small install base through 2021. If it were 2022 then that would be a different matter. Was very surprised when it wasn't announced for current gen consoles, so won't be surprised when it is.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
........is almost always correct.
Even if you trust him, you don't have to overcompensate. He's been wrong or had outdated information plenty of times, especially when it's outside his wheelhouse (Capcom).

As for this rumour, sure, I guess. If it happens, it happens, I don't really care either way. I'll be playing it on PS5.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Dusk is consistently right. He is a legit insider, and he has no motives other than sharing what he knows.

Exactly, and take it at face value. He hears things and is right a lot of times. That being said he does not know the deep end of what is happening. Like the RE8 rumours of not running wel on PS5. This could be for a number of reasons and maybe has nothing to do with the power of the console. But Dusk only hears that it does not run that well and it has something to do with going crossgen. It could be that the PS5 version was running fine until the decision was made to make it crossgen. He wast talking about that some features needed to be removed.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

tenor.gif

Either his initial info was wrong, or maybe Capcom backtracked on current-gen after cutting some features that were not running well on next-gen too?

Nov 3, 2017
This doesn't make sense since this person extensively detailed why he believed Capcom was making RE8 a next-gen exclusive just a few months ago??

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
it says first half of 2021. could be anywhere between 3 to 9 months from release (more likely 6 to 9 months, can't see this being released in Q1).

Just seems weird. Although perhaps this is a good sign that going between the current and next-gen consoles is as easy as its being reported. Then again his reports about PS5 problems lol brain hurts

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't make sense since this person extensively detailed why he believed Capcom was making RE8 a next-gen exclusive just a few months ago??
things change during development, he seems confident now, and since we're only a few days away from the TGS presentation for the game, it's almost certainly something they're gonna announce there

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Come on people.
It's obvious this guy is making stuff up based on what he hears about "next gen". Some of his information may be true but RE8 having all next-gen stuff a week after PS5's showcase, and now going back to cross-gen a week after PS5's showcase.

He's just single handily created the narrative for RE8, if he was making videos on YouTube like this, people would laugh at him.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Most non-first party games will more than likely be crossgen for the first year. How is that suprising on a gaming forum?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Come on people.
It's obvious this guy is making stuff up based on what he hears about "next gen". Some of his information may be true but RE8 having all next-gen stuff a week after PS5's showcase, and now going back to cross-gen a week after PS5's showcase.

He's just single handily created the narrative for RE8, if he was making videos on YouTube like this, people would laugh at him.
Dude accurately leaked the setting, plot, and title of RE:8. He accurately leaked the issues inside Capcom with Ono and Street fighter. He got the Sony showcase right. He got MH Rise right. The Shenmue comic.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
No offense but Dusk originally said this was next gen only and gave reasons why.

Can someone embed these tweets please?

No idea why this guy keeps talking on work in progress.

When shit changes like this, it just makes him seem as someone that talks out of his ass when he clearly does have some sort of inside knowledge in capcom.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His Capcom stuff has been legit. What's your issue? Visual targets for a PS5 would be far different for a PS4. He was saying there were issues with frame rate at the visual target they were aiming for on PS5. Also of course this is cross gen if it is releasing next year. It would be suicide to go all in on next gen right now.

Those visuals don't look particularly targeted for PS5 though. Lighting and asset quality looks like something I can see pretty similar on PS4 Pro and XboneX. I would be surprised if this of all games is struggling since it has looked one of the least impressive graphically speaking of the big games shown on PS5.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Dude accurately leaked the setting, plot, and title of RE:8. He accurately leaked the issues inside Capcom with Ono and Street fighter. He got the Sony showcase right. He got MH Rise right. The Shenmue comic.
Yet he is the only one stating PS5 has issues with games being developed on it, when there are multiple other devs out there stating the absolute opposite that he is. He may be right when it comes to the games that are coming out, but doesn't seem too accurate otherwise.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Yet he is the only one stating PS5 has issues with games being developed on it, when there are multiple other devs out there stating the absolute opposite that he is. He may be right when it comes to the games that are coming out, but doesn't seem too accurate otherwise.
You guys are still on that and completely misinterpreting what he said and what others said in response.

He was talking about a single game. On a single platform. At a single point in development.

Oct 27, 2017
Does that mean the hallucination stuff is out? Or it'll be there with load screens for the old consoles? They can do some crazy psychological horror stuff without any load time constraints.

The village and castle looked pretty big on the trailers which means the current consoles are going to be struggling with pop-in issues if the areas are pretty detailed. They'll make a lot more money going cross-gen although I'm grabbing the next-gen version for that sweet SSD power

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Maybe just maybe a lot of devs like to keep their friendly relationships intact and aren't going to share some teething issues that will get ironed out or worked around once the platform is understood better. Who knows?

Or you know, it could be specific to re engine resi 8 specifically.

This witch hunt for dusk when he's got so much right is pretty embarrassing imo.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe some people can be so bitter on a guy only because he said there's a game that is being hard to develop on PS5. Holy shit lmao.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Dusk is on a first person basis with the info. They're usually correct on Capcom stuff, but a number of things (like with RE7) ended up a bit outdated due to development being beyond their scope of insight. So a back and forth on development in cross-gen isn't unlikely, but could be kept internal for some time or still ultimately dropped. They're getting stuff before it's public, but clearly they are being outpaced whatever goes on internally.

Development changes a lot, and depending on how elements are delegated or the overall work flow there's hardly a straight avenue on where things stand until very late in the process. And even then you get some really odd pulls of major titles crumbling after much of the work is done or it ends up chopped into far less than what was there 3 months previously. The ebb and flow of implementing tools while optimizing efficiently is a part of that as well.

And while I think sticking their foot into stuff that somewhat goes beyond their purview (ex. system costs), it's not a foreign concept that some engines and teams can struggle on optimizing on platforms that others do not.

Nov 3, 2017
things change during development, he seems confident now, and since we're only a few days away from the TGS presentation for the game, it's almost certainly something they're gonna announce there

Erm it feels like a sign of untenably bad project management to backtrack twice regarding such a big decision. We shall find out soon enough anyway

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Erm it feels like a sign of untenably bad project management to backtrack twice regarding such a big decision. We shall find out soon enough anyway
if i were to guess (and i could be totally wrong), i'd say capcom realized how much money they'd be leaving on the table by not selling the game to the massive userbase of ps4+xb1. specially after 3 kinda sorta underperformed, they may have needed the money.

MoonCoffee8

Banned
Aug 30, 2020
User Banned (3 Days) - Hostility to another member
Completely irresponsible reporting of anything that he hears.. getting really sick of this character and his act. Maybe he should be given a time out from here until he can develop stable and trustworthy sources or decide to stop making up rumours.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
I'm pretty sure the guy's right but I'm really hoping he's wrong this time.
I don't want RE to hold back the design of the game because of current-gen.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Completely irresponsible reporting of anything that he hears.. getting really sick of this character and his act. Maybe he should be given a time out from here until he can develop stable and trustworthy sources or decide to stop making up rumours.
He just got a bunch of stuff right last week so...

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pragmatic looks ugly AF though...RE8 is crosstown and looks mikes better than that game. Pragmatic looks worse than DMCV

I can't agree especially when all we saw was an in-engine trailer.

The girl's hair in the trailer though? That looks funky and seems to be a common trait with RE Engine unfortunately.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm not who you're responding to but I don't doubt Dusk on the majority of his Capcom stuff but his "struggling on PS5" thing followed by the revelation that this is actually cross-gen and going to be running on the base Xbox One, hardware that is far weaker and likely harder to develop for just doesn't track. This is also hot on the heels of him saying that it was originally planned to be cross-gen but that was scrapped because the game had things that could only be done on next-gen hardware so he's contradicting himself here too.

Yes, I'm actually surprised at this new post of his because I remember those tweets quite well.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
As far as I could tell this game was always announced as next gen only, yes their were rumours that it was a cross gen game pre-announcement but when it was revealed it was next gen only.
So was Horizon. And Sackboy.

Shenmue anime, MH Switch, SFVI Ono issues, countless RE stuff in the past... all on the money from him. Get over yourself.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Those visuals don't look particularly targeted for PS5 though. Lighting and asset quality looks like something I can see pretty similar on PS4 Pro and XboneX. I would be surprised if this of all games is struggling since it has looked one of the least impressive graphically speaking of the big games shown on PS5.
You have no idea what is going on under the hood or what they could be struggling with. The assumption that all games are equal in the visuals versus performance trade off is ludicrous.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Some people won't forgive Dusk for saying negative things about PS5

on topic, I think it isn't really surprising. The game being next gen only was the weird thing and didn't make much sense out of a moneyhat and/or exclusivity agreement...

Status
Not open for further replies.