• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind Rev 3 being RE8 tho first person is weird since that's a departure from Revelations series, which I really loved the first, second was good too

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I like the sound of that but if true we're going to have months of people moaning about "Amnesia Clone" lol

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I want to react to seeing "first person" again, but I'll wait for the reveal. Could be something special.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Rev 3 being RE8 tho first person is weird since that's a departure from Revelations series, which I really loved the first, second was good too
The remakes essentially have taken the mantle of revelations though. The one reason people were okay with them is that they brought a semblance of horror and classic re back to the series. With the remakes, revelations is kind of redundant.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
You telling me I'm not gonna get my third person action Revelations 3 and now I'm getting first person, Ethan and Occultism.
tenor.gif

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan and first-person ?
Aight, I'm out.
Ethan's someone's fave RE character
For the record, I am VERY unclear who the playable characters are right now. AS Revelations 3, Ethan, Chris and Rebecca were the playable cast. But I got word Rebecca got 100% cut and Ethan and Chris were "changed", so I don't know what that means, I'm going in blind on that with everyone else on who's actually playable (and to give an idea of how severe these story changes may actually be).

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wonder if by originally being Revelations 3 plus with the hallucinations, occultism, insanity and mistrust elements point to
Natalia Korda possessed by Alex Wesker from Revelations 2 being the big-bad.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved RE7 so if it's more of that but with some Evil Within levels of insanity, I am really excited to see it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I am VERY unclear who the playable characters are right now. AS Revelations 3, Ethan, Chris and Rebecca were the playable cast. But I got word Rebecca got 100% cut and Ethan and Chris were "changed", so I don't know what that means, I'm going in blind on that with everyone else on who's actually playable (and to give an idea of how severe these story changes may actually be).

Aw dang, I would have loved a ReRev title that focused on Rebecca.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
They were making a first person Rev 3, or it became first person after they made it Re8.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Do you know if they fixed Chris face ?

Res

Oct 25, 2017

dammit there goes my hopes of Rebecca being in another game, and a main character at that

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Aw man, first person again :/?

I'd rather have Revelations 3 with gameplay in the same vein as the previous entries...

I don't mind the story beats described at all and am actually curious about what they'll do, but FPS is a turn-off for me

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm disappointed in first person. But if it's first person and we get to play as classic characters, even more so. I want to see my character if it's one of the OGs.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Was it first person as Rev3?

Edit: Nvm, answered above

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
i'll probably have a VR set by the time this drops, time to die irl

Oct 27, 2017
Occultism and insanity sounds way more interesting than the generic zombie virus shit they've been rehashing for 20+ years. I'm in.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not excited about it formerly being a new Rev title, but 1st person, occultism and shit sounds neat.

Oct 27, 2017
So that's what he meant by this game having a similar development to OG RE3 (spinoff that got turned to a mainline game).

Gimme VR mode and spooky Hookman shit (assuming the werewolf/occult stuff is true) and I'm buying my very first VR device for this.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017