• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of *insiders* saying that it should come in the first half of september... where there's smoke...

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely can not wait until all the doubters have to eat crow regarding Monster Hunter Switch. I am so excited for this.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Remaking one of the GOATs is a huge taske and after RE3 I have no fate in Capcom,oh boy just cancel before the announcement.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
this thread is peak passive aggression, some of you guys need to hit the showers

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be forever salty that Capcom isn't gonna make a SE with Vergil, Lady and Trish from what it seems.
4c9f88796fb3e329dd53acd51c822942.gif

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
First half of September PS5 event is not exactly going out on a limb for a prediction, I mean there's not exactly a whole lot of time after that until the damn thing launches.
Can't wait for the event myself where maybe they will reveal the dashboard interface or something and leave our balls to continue languishing in a state of blueness.
Pretty much what I thought as well.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
What did he lie about?

He said that the RE8 was struggling to hit 1080p/60fps on PS5, which was reported by news websites as facts for a while... And then he admitted that he only made the story up because the news were too one sided and too negative for Xbox. He basically used his "insider status" for console wars.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
He said that the RE8 was struggling to hit 1080p/60fps on PS5, which was reported by news websites as facts for a while... And then he admitted that he only made the story up because the news were too one sided and too negative for Xbox. He basically used his "insider status" for console wars.
I didn't make the story up. Ironically people saying I said I made the story up and the story being made up is what's actually made up. I also said sided in relation to the thread, but explained already earlier in this thread and in the tweet chain before this tweet. I hate console wars.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Serious?This can't be serious.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm going to wait and see. I like Dusk but his last few drops have been a bit spotty and I'm not buying any Silent Hill shit, I can't be heartbroken every single time somebody wants throw that name around and nothing comes of it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

well uh oh.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think Dusk has any insider information in Sony, maybe that first half is deduced from a RE8 gamplay trailer that will be shown soon.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I must be super pessimistic but I just don't believe that this Silent Hill game exists. I would love for it to be true but seems too good to be true

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Wild rumors. I wonder if MH Switch is really true. There have been so many rumors, but I think recently I've learned that just because there are a lot of rumors doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Would be cool though!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

woah, don't change the narrative.he didn't admit to "making it up" at all. He said that he thought there was a lot of negativity. That there was, what he thought a one sided conversation on next Gen and he shared some info he had heard from his sources to try and add some balance to said conversation.

it wasnot the best move but he never admitted to making it up.

edit: didn't realise dusk was here and commenting when I wrote this. Looks like I don't need to defend him.

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
That post is not entirely accurate

The story wasn't made up out of thin air and it was post in a one-sided dunk on Xbox thread asking whether it is possible for Microsoft to compete with Sony

And wasn't his response that there was a massive difference in power expressed several times in favor of the XSX when technical specs are the closest they have been between two competing platforms?

I don't think the topic excused that kind of behavior from a mod

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't make the story up. Ironically people saying I said I made the story up and the story being made up is what's actually made up. I also said sided in relation to the thread, but explained already earlier in this thread and in the tweet chain before this tweet. I hate console wars.
Its incredible that you have to point this out. Your information is very much appreciated here, thank you for sharing.

Elsewhere, I want to get excited for a new Silent Hill, but I remember the last couple of games in the series didnt really hit the mark in quality or sales. There was a version for the Wii, and one other? One of them made by Climax studio in the UK? I dont know if SH was out of fashion at the time, or why the games didnt resonate with a wider audience, but I think they would have to soft reboot the entire series by now, and start from scratch either with a remake of the first one or just reinvent the whole premise of the series. I never played the PT demo, and dont know if there were any new gameplay mechanics to push the series forward? I think you can only go so far on recreating the tension and atmosphere of the series, there needs to be some kind of new exciting gameplay mechanic in there to make this reboot worth it.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't make that up. That was the only saving grace of that entire shitshow.

Oct 25, 2017
"Oh man why don't insiders talk much here anymore"
*8 page thread of accusing insiders of lying, making things up for console wars, and blatantly antagonization"

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Oh man why don't insiders talk much here anymore"
*8 page thread of accusing insiders of lying, making things up for console wars, and blatantly antagonization"
it's really sad
dusk clearly has inside info and he's been right so many times but because one time he said something some people didn't like they're gonna try and cancel him.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

People came up with the most blatant lie that he admitted to have fabricated this info, from thin air, and now are acting like he's lying again.

Some of you are unbelievable.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I expect the PS5 event to be around then, since that will be 2 months from launch. Considering how little we have seen of actual launch games outside of Godfall, it would be pretty surprising otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.