• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get a Dark Soulish Onimusha reboot on RE Engine. Or at least that's what I fucking want.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Okay, I'm a bit OOTL, can someone clue me in on this Resident Evil Werewolves thing? Where'd mention of this start from and what is it supposed to be exactly? I'm totally lost but damn curious.
www.resetera.com

[RUMOUR] Resident Evil 8 is a FPS again, features Ethan, Zombies, Wolf-like enemies, a stalker enemy, Chris Redfield [Update: New Rumors]

*Update 2!* See threadmarks (New Rumours) ———————————————————————— *Update* ———————————————————————— Biohazard Declassified has reported that they received an email with details of Resident Evil 8, they present it solely as a rumour and claim to hold no information themselves on RE8. The...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Just need a head count here for uh reasons.

Would you prefer to see a new marvel vs capcom entry

or

Onimusha to be revealed first ?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Dusk Golem liked and then unliked my reply about the second RE game being the werewolf FPS spinoff and the medium game being the oft-discussed Monster Hunter Switch. Interesting.
20200301-104531.jpg
MH is not a medium game by any stretch of the imagination. Unless it's a spin off like stories or something like that.

Medium sized title is something that would be a budget release like Mega Man and possibly Ace Attorney

I 100% believe MvC4 is being revealed at EVO for release this FY. Truly.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm a bit OOTL, can someone clue me in on this Resident Evil Werewolves thing? Where'd mention of this start from and what is it supposed to be exactly? I'm totally lost but damn curious.

Basically the people at the Resident Evil Database site did some sleuthing after receiving a couple emails about a supposed RE8 game. Capcom back when Resident Evil Resistance was announced (but before RE3 was) held a beta for Resident Evil Ambassadors (think of it like a newsletter with a few more benefits to it) to test their new early RE game. It was poised as an Resistance beta, but in reality they showed a new RE game behind closed doors to the fans that were selected and attended which was in first-person, starred Ethan from RE7 in a snowy mountain village with a castle, and the sequence they played was a RE4 style village sequence but with zombies, werewolf type creatures and a strange stalker monster that laughs a lot called the Witch who can't die. Ethan fights his way up the mountain to the castle where he meets Chris, a twist happens and it appears like Chris is the villain and backstabs Ethan.

For the record, I can confirm these rumors are 100% true, but the development and stuff around it is a little weird. I'll talk more about it and some other RE stuff after RE3 is out.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Someone on another previous thread mentioned that the crazy thing Dusk teased about a new RE game (that hasn't been done before in the franchise) could mean that the scrapped version of the game (maybe dubbed 7.5) may be actually used in a spin off title... I can see this being the case!

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
My predictions are:

1. RE3 (obviously)
2. RE werewolf thing - I'm wondering if the first person perspective got scrapped for RE8 after the reception of RE2 so they decided to make this a side game instead.
3. Capcom Fighters - This will be their headline fighting game while SFVI is in the oven for the next couple of years. No Marvel, no biggie - Capcom has a diverse portfolio.
4. MHW expansion

The medium thing could be anything. How successful has Teppen been? Capcom doesn't have much of a mobile presence. Maybe a mobile game of some kind.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
RE3 and potentially RE8 in the same year? Man Resident Evil is back with rapid fire releases, that's unbelievably exciting.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
RE3 and potentially RE8 in the same year? Man Resident Evil is back with rapid fire releases, that's unbelievably exciting.
Dusk already said that RE8 is years away.
RE3 and a spin off (Rev 3 or something completely different) should be the titles.

I really hope that Capcom doesn't greenlit something like Umbrella Corps once again...

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Oh and one more question.

Y'all are cool if the medium game is DMC5:SE yeah ?

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Actually I'm a bit confused about the deal with the werewolf FPS iteration of RE8. So it was demoed to people last year, right? So is it coming soon as a spinoff? Or is it still going to be mainline RE8 but was pushed back to divert resources to RE3?
Just need a head count here for uh reasons.

Would you prefer to see a new marvel vs capcom entry

or

Onimusha to be revealed first ?
I'd rather see Mahvel but Onimusha Souls is more likely to come first.
Oh and one more question.

Y'all are cool if the medium game is DMC5:SE yeah ?
I hope these are all brand-new games.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I 100% believe MvC4 is being revealed at EVO for release this FY. Truly.
The most I could see happening on the MvC front is an MvC Legacy Collection being announced at EVO. Otherwise, all signs point towards, at most, SFVI being revealed in the near future & released early next year. As mentioned before, I can't see a scenario where the CPT doesn't have some kind of Street Fighter game. And at this point, it's looking like SFV won't be played in the 2021 CPT going by the lack of auto-qualification for CC2020's winner going into 2021. That plus, as mentioned before, SF games usually come before Versus games anyway.

That's not to say that I don't think we'll get another Versus game, but I don't expect us to hear about it until SFVI is released.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan fights his way up the mountain to the castle where he meets Chris, a twist happens and it appears like Chris is the villain and backstabs Ethan.

For the record, I can confirm these rumors are 100% true, but the development and stuff around it is a little weird. I'll talk more about it and some other RE stuff after RE3 is out.
HUNKfield theory getting resurrected.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My predictions are:

1. RE3 (obviously)
2. RE werewolf thing - I'm wondering if the first person perspective got scrapped for RE8 after the reception of RE2 so they decided to make this a side game instead.
3. Capcom Fighters - This will be their headline fighting game while SFVI is in the oven for the next couple of years. No Marvel, no biggie - Capcom has a diverse portfolio.
4. MHW expansion

The medium thing could be anything. How successful has Teppen been? Capcom doesn't have much of a mobile presence. Maybe a mobile game of some kind.
If Capcom Fighters was coming, SFV would still be played next year. As mentioned before, there's no scenario where the CPT lacks a Street Fighter. It'll likely go down one of the following ways...
  • Business as Usual: SFV only
  • Heir to the Throne: SFVI only
  • The New Intern: SFV & Versus
  • All-New All-Different Dynamic Duo: SFVI & Versus
Those are the only ways I can see it going down.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Curious why so many think Onimusha is a lock? They were clearly testing the waters with the remaster, but it didn't sell well IIRC.

Also if they do bring it back, I really hope it's not a soulslike. The game was never about loot and menu diving. Taking some inspiration from Sekiro would be cool though.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Fiscal year, and I wouldn't assume the first-person Ethan werewolf castle game is RE8.
If it features Ethan and is a direct sequel to RE7 then I mean it's basically RE8 without the name. Code Veronica situation?

I'm aware of fiscal years, but that's still way sooner than I would have ever expected for an additional RE title even with the multiple dev teams.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Actually I'm a bit confused about the deal with the werewolf FPS iteration of RE8. So it was demoed to people last year, right? So is it coming soon as a spinoff? Or is it still going to be mainline RE8 but was pushed back to divert resources to RE3?

I'd rather see Mahvel but Onimusha Souls is more likely to come first.

I hope these are all brand-new games.
You should check Dusk's twitter and read the info ;)
He talked about RE8 being years away since it was scrapped, the werewolves and castle theme could appear on a spin-off it seems.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Curious why so many think Onimusha is a lock? They were clearly testing the waters with the remaster, but it didn't sell well IIRC.

Also if they do bring it back, I really hope it's not a soulslike. The game was never about loot and menu diving. Taking some inspiration from Sekiro would be cool though.
Because Capcom already said they're bringing back a franchise and it's the only plausible franchise that could be rebooted other than Dino Crisis (which we know isn't happening now). They literally have nothing left to bring back in the AAA space.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Something Marvel is going down. I don't know if it's MvC4 or MvC2 rereleased or what. We're getting Marvel soon. It's in the air. I can feel it.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna go down like this...
  • Between Now & E3 2020: Street Fighter VI announced
    • PS5/XSX/PC
    • Early 2021 release
  • EVO 2020: Marvel vs. Capcom Legacy Collection announced
    • PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/Switch/PC
    • Spring 2021 release
    • Everything from CotA to MvC2 is included
  • Early 2021: Street Fighter VI released
  • E3 2021: [Insert Versus Game Here] announced
    • Could be Marvel vs. Capcom 4, but it's not something I'd put money on right now
    • PS5/XSX/PC
    • Early 2022 release
  • Early 2022: [Insert Versus Game Here] released

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'm aware of fiscal years, but that's still way sooner than I would have ever expected for an additional RE title even with the multiple dev teams.

I mean, January 2021 is four years after January 2017. If anything, the most surprising thing is that Capcom isn't bestowing it with the title of RE8; they're going to have the longest gap between new numbered installments in the franchise yet. But as a franchise grows older, it makes less and less sense to increment the title, I suppose. You don't want people to think they need to play RE 1-13 to understand RE14.

Speaking of growing older, 2021 is the 25th anniversary of the franchise. I think it'll be a big year for RE. :)