• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

My backlog has...

• Shrunk

Votes: 205 56.0%
  • Grown

Votes: 161 44.0%

• Total voters

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I complained about not having enough time to go through my backlog. But my backlog has actually gotten bigger since lockdown. I actually found myself just going back to my comfort food games while buying shit on sale with all fee time looking at the store.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It's grown at a much slower rate as I just spend less, but the reason I have a backlog is only because I don't play games at the rate I love to buy them. Can give me all the time in the world and it won't change that.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Sadly, I'm an essential worker that's ALSO subscribed to Humble Bundle. I kinda wish I was stuck at home to cut down on it, but when I come home from work I want to play Smash or Fortune Street to unwind.

I'm terrible :(

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Shrunk, because It basically taught me I'm never going to get to my backlog because if not now, it's never happening

so I've purged the idea of ever going back and playing things and am now much happier

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
It's shrunk because I've had the time to play my longer games, but my pre-order list currently has:

Ys Origin
Return of the Obra Dinn
Journey to the Savage Planet
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin

and is still growing sooo....

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I've beaten 20 games so far this year, and gotten platinum trophies in everything I've played on PS4, and that's including big games like Horizon and FF7R.

As terrible as this year has been, I've been able to get on top of things a little. My backlog is still enormous but I've played most of the big PS4/Switch/Wii U games now.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Shrunk for sure. I had 14 at the start of my backlog now I'm down to 8. I buy a game about every 4th game I beat, so I'm buying at a much slower pace now.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I completely erased it because not only do I stay inside every weekend but I broke my foot and was out of work for the last 3 months. I had all the time in the world to just sit down and hammer out all the new RPGs.

Now I've got Fairy Tail, Origami King, F1 2020, Super Robot Wars T, and Code Vein to finish before I pick up more stuff at the end of August and I'll probably make it.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
I haven't bought many games and I've finished a lot of the ones I have. Going through 428 Shibuya Scramble, then do the Umineko VNs, which is gonna take some time

twofive

Oct 27, 2017
It shrunk. Only bought 2 games so far since March. Been working down on my backlog the past couple of months.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It's been cut down and since I'm not gonna get a new console at launch it's my goal to get it to zero before making the jump (again!).

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Not sure if it's covid related or gamepass related or both, but I've never had a backlog before March of this year. Now there's just too many games that I'm overwhelmed with my backlog.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've bought less games but my completion rate of games has stayed about the same as ever. I maybe finish like 1/3 of the games I buy. That hasn't changed one bit so far, despite the drastic downturn in purchases.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
It shrank A LOT...and then the itch.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality came forth with its 1,741 games* and it grew A LOT.

*Well, some of that is asset packs and stuff, but you get the idea

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
As crazy as it seems I don't have a backlog...
Played everything I wanted This gen...

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Stayed about the same. I haven't bought anything so it hasn't grown but I haven't really gone into the backlog much. Been playing stuff on gamepass instead.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I keep making purchases while playing nothing but my comfort games as well. I only bought DOOM Eternal and Prey during the Summer Sale though. However, I also ended up buying Halo Reach, Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, etc. It's just growing.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Remained the same, though all the games I've bought since quarantine I've beaten (FF7R, XC:DE, ToCS3, TfZ)

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
shrunk for me.

barely new games for me but i've went through a bunch in my backlog already. a combination of end of generation + Nintendo not releasing almost anything i want makes this possible.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I completed the 2020 52 game challenge already. And played some long ass games like the Yakuza series as part of said challenge. So it has shrunk. But it's still pretty big, lol. (Gotta save some game for the 2021 challenge.)

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly the same because there is a lot of dope meaty games this year that I played like ff7r, crossbell (geofront translation), ghost of tsushima, persona 5 royal.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Shrunk but not by much because I was going hard at first but it's slowed significantly, most days now I won't even turn any system on and just watch movies.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I have a cluster of supercomputers crunching the numbers. I'll get back to you in a few weeks.

(It's probably grown.)

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Just finished Paper Mario: The Origami King, probably going to finish my first time through Ring Fit Adventure, and also completed the whole Yakuza series and The Last of Us 1 and 2. The only game in my backlog is one I just started over the weekend

Persona 5 Royal

I'm probably good on new games until PS5 is out tbh

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've played through a ton of older games that I'd been sitting on for a while, but at the same time I've found countless more games that I want to check out.

It's probably about the same now.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
It's not thanks to COVID perse, but since a few years ago I starting going through my backlog (due financial issues) and it has shrunk a bit. Maybe not by much (between PS+ and EGS free games, I will never play everything) but I have played most of what I've wanted to play from my backlog.

COVID has just helped me to go through my backlog faster as I have more time to play.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Grown a little (by like 2 or 3). The biggest reason is that I saw a couple of pretty good deals that I wanted to jump in on (Fallout 76 brand new for $8 for example, and ESO also for $8 in the Steam sale). I also haven't been playing many games since I'm mostly focused on Final Fantasy 14.

Overall I'm happy with how things have turned out. If it wasn't like that, I'd probably be sticking to buying games faster than I can beat them, and that's what's caused the backlog in the first place. This way I haven't spent very much and am still enjoying myself a lot.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Being out of a job meant no more new games, but I have been tackling my backlog in a good rhythm so far. Didn't thought I'd be able to finish the entire Ezio Trilogy in one week and get AC3 done in four days, but it happened.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
No change, I haven't bought anything since I'm now in next gen mode so I'm waiting for the new consoles and I also haven't been playing anything even with being at home all the time now.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Neither. Any new games I have bought since March I have beaten. Unless we count XGP or PS+/GwG offerings.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I complained about not having enough time to go through my backlog. But my backlog has actually gotten bigger since lockdown. I actually found myself just going back to my comfort food games while buying shit on sale with all fee time looking at the store.
Same as you pretty much. Bought games on sale but pretty much dug my time into time sinks like Fallout 76 The Division 2 and now ESO