• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Neat. Would still prefer solos or at least an in-game LFG.

Excited for the future of this game. EA is gonna be giving more resources to the team.

Oct 26, 2017
People have been wanting this mode since the game launched and the fact that it's taken this long is a perfect example of why Apex didn't reach its full potential as a top tier-BR.

Indeed, the game has 70 million users growing faster than Fortnite and it did not reach it's full potential at top tier-BR but at the same time it become a top pillar for EA and they will make sure to add more content and devs to support the game and they are releasing the game in China, Steam and Mobile.

Ryugarr

Dec 6, 2018
They waited way too long to add this. Me and my brother played together every night. We have wanted duos since launch. We don't play much anymore since we are enjoying Modern Warfare. Also this mode and solo modes need to stay. I enjoyed solos when they added it but was taken away way too quickly.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
People have been wanting this mode since the game launched and the fact that it's taken this long is a perfect example of why Apex didn't reach its full potential as a top tier-BR.

And yet, EA is putting all hands on deck for the game and are willing to support it on Steam and mobile platforms.

But go off, I guess

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
I wonder what other people are playing if they don't consider Apex a "top tier" BR. Apex is best BR game currently imo.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Never sure why they do stuff late and limited time. Just add the damn thing.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
But it is... that's why so many people have played it and why ea is expanding it to steam and mobile.
Indeed, the game has 70 million users growing faster than Fortnite and it did not reach it's full potential at top tier-BR but at the same time it become a top pillar for EA and they will make sure to add more content and devs to support the game and they are releasing the game in China, Steam and Mobile.
And yet, EA is putting all hands on deck for the game and are willing to support it on Steam and mobile platforms.

But go off, I guess
Look, you can all pretend that Apex has become the biggest gaming phenomenon in history but that's just simply not the case, and as others have posted in this thread, taking so long to do simple things like this is why many people have dropped the game.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Look, you can all pretend that Apex has become the biggest gaming phenomenon in history but that's just simply not the case, and as others have posted in this thread, taking so long to do simple things like this is why many people have dropped the game.

Right. It doesn't maintain as many Twitch viewers as Fortnite does and the devs don't crunch 100 hours a week, therefore its a dead game

Makes sense /s

Oct 26, 2017

No one called it the biggest phenomenon in gaming but if you want to keep being stubborn I'm not wasting my time with you.

Dead game am I rite?

Jun 12, 2018
From my point of view, you are the one who's trying to pretend that the game isn't hella successful and growing.

Jun 23, 2019

Ah so you're doubling down on your silly comments? Nobody is saying Apex is greatest thing ever, but you'd have to be ignorant to think it's not one of the most recognizable BR games out there on the market and makes cash hand over fist in its own way. Your personal feelings about the game doesn't apply.

Oct 26, 2017
Apex Legends has 70 million players
Becomes Key franchise for EA
Will release on mobile, China and Steam
EA is expanding the studio to provide more content

ERA: "A lot of people left the game because duos were not there day one and no one cares anymore, Apex is not a top tier BR game".

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very much looking forward to this. Why does it have to be for a limited time tho? That's the suckish part.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
Apex is in the top 3 most played games on both Xbox One and PS4. If you're not in first place by dominating number your game not relevant anymore I guess.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I reeeeally hope this gets made permanent. Can't help but wonder if Solos isn't coming back permanently because they found some balancing issues.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I reeeeally hope this gets made permanent. Can't help but wonder if Solos isn't coming back permanently because they found some balancing issues.
The Fight or Fright event did something clever where upon a legend being killed their body shield drops out of the box, which was like a neat little way of replenishing shields upon kills. That was one of the few things that needed updating with solos since it was third party central.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still boggling my mind they didn't have solos and duos as permanent modes for a while now. I know the game is about teamplay but with no punishment for quitters and no real incentive for revives or assists in ranked until recently, most people would just not give a fuck in randoms, ruining the experience for everybody.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Why is shit like this limited? Why not put it in forever? When did limited time game modes became a thing in online-shooters? It's so fucking annoying.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Like, this game works best with 3 person squads, I get that, it's designed around it, but I would still love a permanent duos options. It's how I mostly play, and I would play Apex way more often if it were the case as sometimes I just don't want to play with random people. Happy we're at least getting it as a temporary option though, and hopefully they'll consider adding it as a permanent one down the road.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I hope that they add solo and duo when the game hits Steam next year. I want to play the game again but I can't bear the thought of playing with randoms.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully it stays because there is nothing worse than having to queue with 1 rando when you are playing with a friend and they never listen to you, fly away from you and don't help you. That's literally 95% of our games and it's why we stopped playing. Solo and Duo should have been there from the beginning and they should have never of been limited modes.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Hopefully it stays because there is nothing worse than having to queue with 1 rando when you are playing with a friend and they never listen to you, fly away from you and don't help you. That's literally 95% of our games and it's why we stopped playing.

It's not just you. That's the experience for everyone with 1 rando.