• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
I don't see Playstation games on Xbox or Nintendo or Nintendo games on Xbox or Playstation. I don't see Xbox games like Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. on Playstation or Nintendo. Almost all the Xbox games that are on Playstation were already in development for it or on the platform before Microsoft bought the studios
If that were true, exclusives wouldn't exist
Minecraft is not associated with Microsoft. It was already the biggest game ever before being bought
Anyone else laughing at this? Smh

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought he was not racist. Especially after the "Keep saying it" "dunkey, leah cuck" meme. But yeah, that 2013 video is fucked. Surprised he hasnt take in it down.

Deleted member 74623

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 14, 2020
Why is PlayStation allowing Minecraft Dungeons on their platform then? That's not a Minecraft expansion. It's a brand new 2020 game developed entirely under the XGS umbrella, not part of any previous Mojang deal, and is the biggest IP Microsoft currently owns.

I'll tell you why: it doesn't hurt them to have their competitors games.
Again, Minecraft is not associated with Xbox the same way Halo, Gears, Forza are. Minecraft is basically its own platform that has always been multiplat. It's like how Sega publishes Persona games but no one associates Persona with Sega

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there are also multiple twitch clips of him saying n***a and f****t but we all just gonna gloss over that too huh

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Playstation games on Xbox or Nintendo or Nintendo games on Xbox or Playstation. I don't see Xbox games like Halo, Gears, Forza, etc. on Playstation or Nintendo. Almost all the Xbox games that are on Playstation were already in development for it or on the platform before Microsoft bought the studios

MLB The Show is coming to Xbox.
Minecraft Dungeons wasn't on other platforms before MS bought the IP.

Deleted member 74623

Banned
Jul 14, 2020
The entire argument is that having games associated with the Xbox brand would generate more hype for Xbox. I'm arguing that Minecraft is not really associated with the Microsoft brand the same way Gears or Halo is because it was already the most popular game ever before Microsoft bought them

You're arguing that them publishing Minecraft Dungeons refutes my point, and I countered again by saying Minecraft is not associated with the Microsoft brand the same way Persona isn't associated with Sega, even though they publish the games

Dec 12, 2017
Halo is already popular. If Microsoft wanted to put Halo Infinite on PlayStation 5 straight up, Sony would jump at it. Because why buy an Xbox when you can get Halo on PS5 along with all of those PlayStation exclusives.

Xbox would be dumb to do that. That's why they don't. It's not Sony saying no to Halo.
Because Sony doesn't want MS to be able to sell game pass on PlayStation.

MS quite clearly doesn't care what hardware you own as long as you are playing their games and using their services.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

You jumping in the middle and missing key info, fam. I know Sony doesn't want Game Pass on PlayStation. That's MY argument. I'm saying they don't care about Xbox GAMES on PlayStation. It's Game Pass that is the problem.

When Phil Spencer says he wants Xbox games everywhere, he doesn't really mean that because they can (and have and will continue to) publish games on the other platforms. What he's really saying is he wants Game Pass everywhere, which is the actual problem.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I get y'all want to dump on the dude that's fine. Your prerogative and all that.
When was the Mario 3D All Stars announced?? Or was that a mock up based on the leaks that have been going around??

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you guys want donkey videos banned just make a mega post or thread with links to all of the problematic things he's said. It doesn't take much to get someone's content banned from Era.

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
I got a good laugh out of him immediately skipping past Ubisoft. Didn't feel quite up to his usual standard though.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, make a comprehensive thread if you want a person's content banned. Drive-bys are not enough.

Oct 25, 2017

MS quite clearly doesn't care what hardware you own as long as you are playing their games and using their services.

I don't think it's actually about Game Pass necessarily.

I think it's all about Xbox Live Gold. Game Pass on another platform without Xbox Live Gold gives most of the benefits to the competing platform and not Microsoft.

Hypothetically, Gears of War 5 on PS5 through Game Pass benefits Sony disproportionately if end users still have to buy Playstation Plus to play Gears 5 multiplayer online.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Regarding this whole hypothetical about Game Pass on PS consoles there's also a consideration of time. Any time a gamer spends on their PS console playing a Game Pass game via xCloud means that's less time they're spending playing a game that they either purchase from Sony or obtained from a Sony service like PS+ or PS Now. Unless Microsoft were to drive several dump trucks full of money up to Sony's front door or offer them some miraculous deal like, "let us put Game Pass on PS5 and you can use Azure for free!" then I don't really see that happening anyways.

PS will continue to grow and evolve PS Now to form another solid subscription revenue stream to go along with PS+. Hoping we find out more about their plans in August.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Only a matter of time until Dunkey gets hit by cancel culture. Probably feels like if he takes down his old rap videos where he dropped the n word it would be too obvious he's trying to hide something. Ironically he gets money for them as they are still up most likely.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Well see you all next Dunkey thread because apparently the mods still allow him a platform here despite him standing against some of the foundations that this site was founded on.

I feel like this is the exact same Dunkey thread on repeat for years now.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
"Nintendo lost to Ubisoft"

Looks like Dunkey overhyped the mini like everybody else did, haha.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys want donkey videos banned just make a mega post or thread with links to all of the problematic things he's said. It doesn't take much to get someone's content banned from Era.
Yeah, make a comprehensive thread if you want a person's content banned. Drive-bys are not enough.
There's too many fans of his content on here that it won't happen. There was a comprehensive thread made on Red Letter Media and their racist/sexist history and they still haven't been banned. Era doesn't give a fuck!

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is such a weird thread. Half the posts are links to this guy being shit and the other half are posts like 'Haha he sure got Ubisoft with that zinger!'

Also, he's not funny

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Its really odd to not have Dunkey banned, when Skillup is...

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC it was also mentioned in my Compleationist and Peanutbutter gamer topic that like the Dunkey is also friends with White Nationalist Jon Tron still.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Its really odd to not have Dunkey banned, when Skillup is...
I agree. The complete inconsistency in the site moderation/policy is ridiculous. They need to ban this guy. Giving a platform to a racist homophobe is pretty shitty. I have reported multiple posts in this thread with videos as to evidence of this saying he should be banned, yet no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.