• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Esports turned to shit so fast. I thought it was going to take a while before the full on corporate attitude of playing video games kicked in. Seriously, are the people in those isolation cells even having fun any more?

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
$50 million and it looks like total shit. It's so barren. It's not even artistic minimal or simplistic, it's just bland.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
The contracts that list out how much each company is getting from the 'sponsers' would make my eyes go cross. The Tostinos pizza room where they play Fortnite and get Monster from their Xbox Series X fridge and then sleep in their Venmo beds all within the Hundred100Thieves Cash app building.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Did I miss something? Why has he gone from uploading a video every 1-2-3 weeks to now every single day?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
These content houses pop up for esports, streamers, youtubers, onlyfans/camgirls, tiktokers etc. It's not a new concept but I'm surprised it hasn't died off. I assume most of the money is made by renting spaces than actual income from the content as turn over is high.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Every single call center I've worked in has had a more welcoming and chill atmosphere than that compound has. It looks like some sort of corporate prison cosponsored by Philips and Ikea.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If you can spend that much money, why don't you spend some making it look and feel like an environment you want to be in, instead of some sterile industrial storage room? Oh wow, the streaming studios are like prison cells. I do not understand.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you can spend that much money, why don't you spend some making it look and feel like an environment you want to be in, instead of some sterile industrial storage room? Oh wow, the streaming studios are like prison cells. I do not understand.

a big benefit of making money from streaming is that you work from home, so why do they even have steaming cells?

maybe only for some events they get all together or if someone has problems with the home setup? if i was making money streaming and being signed to a big team as a streaming affiliate(100thieves streamers are popular) why would i go every day to an office to stream?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss something? Why has he gone from uploading a video every 1-2-3 weeks to now every single day?

It's all a part of this, a form of running joke I guess. It's also not every single day and he still has some of his normal stuff coming (like the Cyberpunk Dunkview), but it's all a comment on the current state of the platform.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should stop being in denial about a significant portion of the younger generations just being as yuppie as boomers. Everything about this is so fucking removed from reality for the vast majority of people on this planet.

Century of the self is playing out again

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Something wrong happened to gaming along the way...

1487001906-lostjack.gif

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
That just looks like any other marketing agency I've been to. Shit, I have seen better and fresher looking small-sized agencies in İstanbul compared to this prison.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
My best guess is that Esports players are typically in their teens or early 20's so they probably want people they can hang out with in person as opposed to solely online all day. Or just the experience of living with people of a similar age.

That being said, the whole place does look pretty soulless, and Nadeshot's perfectly manicured marketing speak is cringey.

Status
Not open for further replies.