• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Showing off the board room, which is just a board room is odd. Also I can't imagine streaming in one of those streamer rooms for 8 hours a day.

Whenever I hear corporate drones like that dude talk, I wonder how they feel about themselves. I couldn't say that shit without wanting to die.
Probably fine considering it's probably a well paying job.

Oct 27, 2017
"Home away from home"

They could have made it less soulless and corporate though.
Oh 100%. That place reeked of amateur professional trying to mimic a modern, trendy office without knowing anything or hiring people who do.
As I mentioned, get a Regus when needed. Or get a cheap unit with one or two meeting rooms.
That still doesn't accomplish a lot of the benefits of everybody working together in a dedicated space and building an environment that will play in to their needs. Yes, you can buy offices or meetings spaces and be virtual but it's not the same.

This is some shitty execution and people just throwing money around though. It doesn't mean the concept is bad. Just because you can work from home and there are ways to accomplish some of the same things, it doesn't make it inherently better or make this method wrong. There are benefits and negatives to doing either one.

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like a prison, with no shades showing that its related to games and stuff.
Not even posters of the games they are playing or streaming?

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
God that place is ugly. Absolutely no warmth or personality. They just plopped some rooms in a hangar looking place. Get a decorator or something lol

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
The world, particularly right now, is shifting away from offices to WFH. Taking an industry that is built around WFH and introducing an office environment during a pandemic sounds like the dumbest idea.

Take that 50 million and buy these guys good gear at home, then rent out a Regus office for that bit of collaboration. Or better yet: buy everyone Teams.

Edit: actually with regards to your comment on branding consistency, that sounds absolutely horrible. Streamers sell themselves on uniqueness and personality, not on prescriptive, formula-derived content.
None of this really makes sense. Aside from the fact that this was from before COVID-19 spread outside China, esports is not an industry built around WFH. They didn't spend $50,000,000 on this. The majority of the cost (I think I saw $35 mil thrown around?) was absorbed by their sponsorships. There's a reason it's called the 100 Thieves Cash App Compound. There's a reason it's called the Rocket Mortgage and Totinos training rooms. There's a reason he had that Red Bull pop up there.

This isn't a streamer network. 100T has several popular streamers under their brand yes, including their founder who is one of the most popular Call of Duty players of all time with 3+ million YouTuber subscribers alone. They also own teams in two franchised leagues (League of Legends and Call of Duty) along with multiple other esports (Fortnite, Valorant, may be in Smash still). Initially before moving into esports, 100T was a streetwear company where they sell like $500,000 in merch in minutes.

An actual office to conduct business in is not unheard of for esports. These aren't side gigs. These are people's full time jobs.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That still doesn't accomplish a lot of the benefits of everybody working together in a dedicated space and building an environment that will play in to their needs. Yes, you can buy offices or meetings spaces and be virtual but it's not the same.

This is some shitty execution and people just throwing money around though. It doesn't mean the concept is bad. Just because you can work from home and there are ways to accomplish some of the same things, it doesn't make it inherently better or make this method wrong. There are benefits and negatives to doing either one.
I just can't imagine advocating this way of working in 2020 when so many other businesses are making a success of remote collaboration. And these are in industries that aren't as used to being at home as streamers.

Besides which, any reasons for these people to collaborate is a nice way of making the whole thing homogeneous and sterile.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The most hilarious part about this (outside the streaming rooms feeling like a prison cell) are that the esports™ training rooms are actually sponsored, lmao. (I undestand why, because it seems that major parts, if not everything, of the building are financed by the actual sponsors, but it still looks and sounds hilarious. Everything about this building screams corporate with zero personality.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't imagine advocating this way of working in 2020 when so many other businesses are making a success of remote collaboration. And these are in industries that aren't as used to being at home as streamers.

Besides which, any reasons for these people to collaborate is a nice way of making the whole thing homogeneous and sterile.
I'm not some corporate office in the middle of a pandemic advocate. Lol. I just said I can see why they did this. It's the way they felt would best run their business, get attention, and hopefully attract new talent. I don't think it's well executed or necessary by any means. But hey to each their own.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the most absurd things I've seen. I would hate my life so much if I was stuck in a little room playing games to make money. Do these guys ever think back to the days where they just played to have fun? These fuckers are so far stuck up the corporate asshole it's almost funny. These fucking sponsored room and the way they talk makes me wanna puke.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I hear corporate drones like that dude talk, I wonder how they feel about themselves. I couldn't say that shit without wanting to die.

Nadeshot is not a corporate drone lmao

The world, particularly right now, is shifting away from offices to WFH. Taking an industry that is built around WFH and introducing an office environment during a pandemic sounds like the dumbest idea.

Take that 50 million and buy these guys good gear at home, then rent out a Regus office for that bit of collaboration. Or better yet: buy everyone Teams.

Edit: actually with regards to your comment on branding consistency, that sounds absolutely horrible. Streamers sell themselves on uniqueness and personality, not on prescriptive, formula-derived content.

Eh, this is how esports was/is and players fucking hate it. Guys like Bjergsen were specifically getting their own places so they could have the ability to "clock out" so to speak.

For the thread, here's TSM's new facility that's being built:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
God. This entire "e-sports" shtick blowing up like it has never fails to boggle my mind for various reasons, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Pfft barely showcased the stuff I really wanna see more about:
Totinos Fortnite Training Room

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible to allow people the freedom to be themselves while also pushing consistency across the brand. Look at things like HBO. People have certain assumptions about HBO shows and their quality without HBO ruining things for individual directors or writers.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Former CoD pro

It's like calling Ninja a corporate drone lol. He's managing a team now that he founded (100T in the video) but he's firmly a "gamer" (and all the baggage associated with that word)
I honestly respect Nadeshot a lot as someone who never followed Call of Duty and never really paid attention to him until he was running 100T. Seems to be on the right side of most issues. Opening up the compound as a voting centre was great. Lots of agreeable choices on their business decisions with the team. Legitimately seems to be one of the smartest people in esports.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
The fucking Totino's Fortnite Training Room, LOL.

The streaming rooms literally have white cinder block walls like you'd find in a prison. So homey!

This whole thing is gross. And I was going to hurl myself off a bridge if definitely-not-a-corpo-shill-guy said the word "elevate" one more time.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
(Original post by Froli)

N words.
www.youtube.com

Dunkey Kill That Nigga You Bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KndsrvsucH4 Credited to Dunkey as usual.
youtu.be

Ackbar : LIVE

Episode 72 : Ackbar is filmed live in front of a studio audience http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/500244
youtu.be

Petters on the Low

Jam on.
youtu.be

I'm Going to Kill You

song by PIXL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRW9f8GvA0g Surrscrbe to this guy https://www.youtube.com/user/Magnivez and this guy https://www.youtube.com/use...
youtu.be

League of Legends : Beach Blast

Feat. Sky Landers http://www.youtube.com/gregidot It will be a beach blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssst. Works Cited ------------------- http://ffsade....
youtu.be

League of Legends : Horse Rap

Rap song for the new Heathcliff Huxtable character.

F****t.

LIVESTREAMFAILS - Watch your favorite Streamers fail!

LIVESTREAMFAILS - Watch your favorite Streamers fail!

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Man that looks fucking lame. What a boring building, every wall's just plain except for shitty ads. Where do they take a shit, in the KFC Pizza Hut toilet?

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, its a lame video and of course they are doing it to make money...

However, they are actually doing something great by bringing gamers/streamer physically together.
Allowing them to socialize in person before, after and during breaks of their gaming sessions.

I hope this also leads to less isolated gamers that suffer from depression and in the worst case commit suicide.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm sure the mostly uninspired business of streaming and e-sports can be improved with white rooms and claustrophobic corridors.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Errrrrrm am I missing some meta joke here? Is this satire? Am I so out of touch this looks like a lame dystopian future? Other than the obvious cringe all that fucking video was disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.