• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Being developed by a French studio. Seems like it's based on audio episodes and comic books.

ogre-V-EN.gif

Basement-fight-English.gif

explo_floor-English.gif

Some gameplay from Paris Game Week (starts from 12:26):

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved those audio episodes back in the day, hopefully the game will be as fun as it was.
So far it looks like it's an HD remaster of that with a game attached to it, haha.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, i remember reading about a game they were doing on the series a few years ago.
Always thought it was cancelled or in dev hell.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
''- Sortez-moi d'ici, c'est tout gluant!
- Elle dit qu'on devrait lui lancer des pierres pour l'achever''

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Little bump :

The game has a steam page now :

A new trailer :

And it will be presented for the first time in english at PAX East with Felicia Day who's also voicing the Magician.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Ok, so did someone played the finished game? I enjoyed the demo for this game but how is the full game? How long is it? It seems like no one is talking about this game or even knows that the full game was even released

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so did someone played the finished game? I enjoyed the demo for this game but how is the full game? How long is it? It seems like no one is talking about this game or even knows that the full game was even released

Haven't played it personally, but the general consensus I'm seeing is that the humor is divisive (either you're going to love it or it's going to really grate on you), gameplay is generally good (D&D meets X-Com) but the RNG can be annoying, and it was fairly buggy at launch. Haven't seen any specific mention of length, but there are Steam reviews with high double-digit hour counts so it's probably not short.

Seems like it could be a fun game to pick up in a Steam sale down the road.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
French players and streamers seem rather happy about it. But it might also be due to nostalgia as many french speaking gamers grew up with Naheulbeuk. I just haven't found the time to play it yet to give my own opinion.

Length is apparently between 20 to 40h give or take, depending on how many side quests you do.

And the humor... Well, it's based on a tabletop rpg parody that started 20 years ago. So not up to date to todays standards. As i said, i haven't played the game but i know the franchise fairly well and it's generally a lot of complete absurdity, a fair bit of crass jokes, a wee bit of sexism, and a walking embodiment of blonde jokes. One of the main characters is a blonde elf girl, that is completey stupid, naive and gain bra sizes when she gain levels (in the original at least, dunno if it happens in the game) so that's probably what is the most grating thing people find about the humor i'd say (she's also incompetent but to be fair, all characters are incompetent living embodiment of jokes, it's just that the Elf generally get the worst of it). And given the original author worked on the game, i'm fairly confident most of the humor should have stayed true to that. And i don't know how the english translation managed to keep the humor. There's a fair bit of word plays that might have been hard to translate.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty good game and it actually makes melee control zones interesting in the way few tactics RPGS (or hell, RPGS in general) even attempt.

The humor has a few good lines but it's also like, 2000 webcomics distilled. There is some fucking corny ass shit in it, and some dated as hell stuff (the Dwarf is basically Cartman, some arrow to the knees jokes, etc).

Overall the game is much better than I expected but expect a lot of corny webcomic style humor.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
The humor has a few good lines but it's also like, 2000 webcomics distilled. There is some fucking corny ass shit in it, and some dated as hell stuff (the Dwarf is basically Cartman, some arrow to the knees jokes, etc).

Well, as i said above, Naheulbeuk is basically what you said. It started as an amateur corny ass audio adventure podcasts in 2001. It gained popularity along the years and grew into books, comic books, a board game, a tabletop RPG, a music band (fronted by the author) and now a game. There's also a 3D animated series that was in the works some years ago but it seem to have gone the shitter.

That's what it is. Starying too much from that old humor would have disappointed the old fans.