• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to know Square's office is clean enough now and Ito can get back to making games, at least part-time.

I'll definitely give this a shot, as long as the actual gameplay is decent it may be addictive in a 'one-more-tile' kind of way.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
SE are really becoming hit and miss with their game names, some of them are quite shit

- Octopath traveller
- Triangle strategy
- Dungeon encounters

I know it's not a game, but Tokyo RPG Factory falls under this also.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Also, yes - it seems quite Etrian odyssey-ish with the mapping of dungeons. After a second viewing of the trailer I'm even more intrigued.

And the totoro-cat is cute, I want him always in my party.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I'm highkey into these minimalist rpgs at the moment, so if the UI is snappy (my current only complaint with Voice of Card), I'm definitely in. I'll probably grab it anyway just to support the boy anyway, but still.

OsramTaleka

Nov 25, 2020
This trend of games not being available for preorder on all of the systems they're releasing on is irritating. I can use the calendar on my phone, but it doesn't make any sense. If it's something Nintendo is paying for, it's not clever.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The "OST" is cracking me up, it's literally just guitar improv, especially the metal part. Not even any back drop. Seriously, what the fuck is this game?

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
SaGa Scarlet Grace is a budget title and they made it work. I've got some faith here too, don't mind giving it a go.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol they couldn't at least make the game board look interesting? This looks so bland.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, is anyone actually paying attention to the 3D dungeon graphics in the Etrian Odyssey games?

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I'm very into this.

More lightweight (in a good way) RPGS like Crimson Shroud, Voice of Cards, and Dungeon Encounters, please.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Etrian style map charting sold me. I wish there was a bit more color tho.

god I miss Etrian Odyssey... :(

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
That actually looks like a neat concept, and I like the 2D artwork... but the 3D stuff is not inviting.

I'll cautiously keep an eye on it.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
The gameplay mechanics must be pretty solid for Square to bet on this game selling enough to justify launching it. I'm personally waiting for reviews but I got high hopes on Ito~san's design skills.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I think this looks like it could be cool, but wtf at the pricing? $23 pre-sale on Steam, and it's gonna be $30 normally? C'mon now.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
The "everything you need to know" article didn't really go into the particulars.
Is this a roguelike? What happens to the party if they're wiped out?

Honestly, I'd be happy if this was just a traditional DRPG with an ATB battle system.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Did not expect to hear Night on Bald Mountain, but here we are.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I like to imagine Ito like Lazlo in REAL GENIUS.

He creeps up out of a hidden door in the S-E offices at night, jumps on random dev computers, and made this on his own time.

"Ito-san! You've returned!"

"No. No I have not."

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Ito + the simplicity + the history of stripping expected pieces of the game to further develop others (SAGA SCARLET GRACE!) makes me think this might actually be awesome. Fuck it I'm in.