• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Just heard one a few hours ago. This guy was on his phone telling someone that KFC is better than Popeye's.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I love ketchup on hotdogs.

giphy.gif

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ex coworker who I only ever saw eat meat and cheese: "The one week I decided to try and eat vegetables I gave myself a hemorrhoid".

Lots of tales from the kitchen, especially on tickets, but I was once asked from someone new to FoH why I couldn't make "one half of the steak medium, the other half medium rare" while I was on the grill. Apparently "the cooks did it all the time at the place I worked at before this". Well then maybe you should go back to working in the Hogwart's kitchens.

"I'm allergic to MSG, I could die!!"

while eating a bag of Doritos.

We used to get these people in my sister's place all of the time as they were about to scarf down some pasta with red sauce smothered in parmesan cheese - not realizing that dish had probably twice the MSG as a bundle of Chinese takeout.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Technically a corn dog is a hotdog covered in a cornmeal based batter and fried. Has nothing to do with cornbread.
Saying it has nothing to do with cornbread is a stretch. I don't doubt you could make a cornbread out of the ingredients if it weren't deep fried. Regardless the fact that the batter was corn meal based completely escaped her as to the reason why they are called corn dogs.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My mom is terrified when I am cooking and she sees me using black pepper. She thinks black pepper is some form of evil pepper that is beyond hot and will burn her entire organism.

I just dont care and use it normally, she never complains about food being hot, but then the next time I cook the cycle repeats itself: DONT PUT TOO MUCH PEPPER, IT IS TOO SPICY

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

uhh yeah right what about pizza

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
People who dont eat rice saying bad things about rice like there is anything bad about rice (usually people from the US).

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Had a coworker try to become vegan without realizing how many foods she likes have animal products in it all because she wanted to help the environment after watching some peta videos. I hated having to break it to her when telling her the truth about where Jello comes from. XD

Also my mom uses very basic amount of seasonings in her cooking (she does a lot of salt and onions/garlic but also will do paprika, cumin and other herbs and spices) and I love her for it because she actually puts flavor in the food, but my aunt always complained it was "too seasoned" or weird tasting all the time.

This is a woman who makes mashed potatoes with nothing on it, not even butter or cheese. At most all she uses to season anything is pepper. =-=

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I love ketchup on hot dogs, don't get the hate. I'll eat almost anything, I'm pretty adventurous too, octopus, tongue, intestines, bugs, whatever, it's all good

But ..I just can't do mustard. It makes me gag, it taste like sour socks, I don't get it at all. People be like "even honey mustard?" Motherfucker yes. Honey doesn't make that sour sock sauce taste good wtf.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
"Taco Bell is real food"
Or those people who add jalapeños where they don't belong. Like scratch Mac and cheese, that's just nasty. Not everything needs peppers people

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of my wife's coworkers once ordered Chinese food with my wife. She offered my wife the fortune cookie prompting the following exchange:
My wife: You don't want it?
Her coworker: No, I don't believe in those.
My wife: ___________

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
"All water tastes the same"
"I don't like eat meat off the bone"
"I don't like sauces that are too chunky"
"I like my meat cooked well done"
"White meat and dark meat are the same"
"Noodles are hard to eat"
"Pepperoni is too spicy"
"Where does maple syrup come from?"
Calling anything frozen or processed "fresh"

Some of these have been said by my current girlfriend...I love her dearly and we both see ourselves getting married one day. She is my soulmate but fuck...her level of food knowledge and sophistication is concerning. Recently, she admitted she needs to step her game up. Her efforts are appreciated, to say the least.