• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A venture capitalist who donated $2.5 million to a pro-Trump group trying to find evidence of fraud in the US election wants a refund after being disappointed with the group's efforts.

Fred Eshelman is suing True the Vote Inc., a monitoring organization in Houston, to reclaim the money.

The lawsuit says Eshelman sent $2 million to True the Vote on November 5, two days after Election Day.

At that point no winner had been called, but Joe Biden was by most tallies ahead of President Donald Trump, who had long claimed without evidence that the election was vulnerable to fraud.
www.businessinsider.com

Trump fan who gave $2.5M to election-fraud hunters wants money back

Fred Eshelman is suing True the Vote Inc., with the lawsuit saying he was given "platitudes and empty promises" instead of results.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Lol, that money is already in some offshore account for some grifter on the campaign. It's gone.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey buddy, if you send me your account details and SSN I will transfer the money to you right now.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
"Frog who offered to carry Scorpion across the river sues for the scorpion stinging it halfway across."

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Why does anyone believe rich people are good with money? I could have lived the rest of my life very comfortably with that money.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This may be the first time I recall hearing a story of a grifter grifting millions of dollars off someone and being totally fine with that person not getting it back.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Another example of "What did you think was going to happen?" Like, did he really expect them to properly invest the money and perform a thorough investigation?

Too bad, ol' boy's probably already got a new boat and a Ferrari.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Living proof America isn't a meritocracy, because dumbasses like this become multimillionaires.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Its incredible how people who should have some kind of understanding about how all of this works, fall all the time for the bullshit by trump and his goons.