• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I think if he apologized people should stop attacking him for free. Anyone can make a mistake, the important thing is to have the nobility to recognize it.
It isn't up to you to police how people should feel before & after the apology is made. For many people, simply apologizing isn't enough.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least they didnt write an article saying that police cameras could hace fixed Ferguson and now we won't know what happened Cos both sides.

You know, like polygon wrote about.

Oct 25, 2017
Jfc. They deleted the article and apologized, not sure what else they can do. Some people need to re-direct their anger towards actual scum like their local government officials, not a fucking videogame website.

(And no, I don't read this website's content nor do I think this article was anything but trash.)

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
It isn't up to you to police how people should feel before & after the apology is made. For many people, simply apologizing isn't enough.

Being self righteous isn't that helpful either, nor disguarding someones apology off hand. I hope many on here are getting active and involved though. Showing solidarity by getting active and involved is probably the most important thing if you are fit and able. I don't live in the US, but I am involved in climate change activism over here in the UK, and more bodies are needed in the struggle.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019

You're right, I don't have to say how they should feel or behave.

Actually, what I meant was that not accepting that someone could be make a mistake is too arrogant an attitude.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I'm a huge PlayStation fanboy and I'm willing to wait a whole year to see the PS5 games. Push Square author was being really immature, almost to a comedic degree, at the most inappropriate time. Just fucking wait a week or so. You'll get your games later. Too much horrible stuff is happening to launch a marketing campaign for a video game console.

JCLShay

Apr 4, 2020
EZrL_6vWAAAjmsj

This is one of the most 'sorry you got offended' updates I've seen in a while. What a joke.

Wow. It's basically saying "sorry people are so sensitive." Garbage apology.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Sammy Barker is a gamer man-baby that signal boosts Colin Moriarty's tweets and whoever approved this shitty ass article is huge gamer man-baby too.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Garbage site finds new way to be stupid, continues to be garbage site. And that 'apology'? Pure shit. "But guys, being mean to them isn't helping!" Yeah, you fuck off too.

skiibot

May 28, 2020
User Banned (1 Week) - Thread Whining
I feel like you're inferring a lot more from the tweet than what's actually there. It's tongue-and-cheek, I dont personality care for it but this isnt threadworthy by any means.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why even write this article? It doesn't make sense.

Today would've been the day I celebrated my wedding anniversary by traveling to Hawaii. But then 2020 fucking happened. I don't need to write an article telling everyone why today would've been important for me.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Jfc. They deleted the article and apologized, not sure what else they can do. Some people need to re-direct their anger towards actual scum like their local government officials, not a fucking videogame website.

(And no, I don't read this website's content nor do I think this article was anything but trash.)
People can do both.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

When the corporation you stan is morally better than you, you deserve all the shit you get.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Please look at my other posts. To suggest that I've not been focusing my anger at those shitheads is hilarious.

But I can care about more than one thing. And garbage gamer priorities is certainly something I see often.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Wow whoever wrote that article has some serious growing up to do. It just shouts immaturity. Like it was written by someone with zero perspective.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's a tiny bit irritating, but at the same time, it's only a few weeks wait at most. Who cares? Let Sony make a statement.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Thanks for the constructive feedback in this thread. I authored the article and take full responsibility for it. It should not be taken as a reflection of the website.

Clearly this article was in poor taste, and I do genuinely apologise for the offence caused.
No offense but why would you write such an article in the first place.
Sony delayed the event to allow the black lives matter protests to continue to get full attention and eyes on them, like many other gaming news events that have also been pushed back as a result.

And Sony didn't take the event or the game reveals away from you, they delayed it because they made a big decision due to events which have become pretty worldwide protests.

The apology posted feels like its adding fuel to the fire essentially the way it is written reading more like sorry people were offended by our article.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Thanks for the constructive feedback in this thread. I authored the article and take full responsibility for it. It should not be taken as a reflection of the website.

Clearly this article was in poor taste, and I do genuinely apologise for the offence caused.
Did you also write the apology? Because that's some poor wording as well. Gives the site a bad look.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.polygon.com

Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea

When an unnamed Ferguson, Missouri, police officer stopped Michael Brown on the street, Brown was walking alongside his friend Dorian Johnson. Johnson and that police officer are the only witnesses...

Never visited that piece of shit site again.
Yeah that's a pretty terrible article, way too much ass-kissing of the police while ignoring the power the officer has over the function of the bodycam. Also suggests that the real problem is civilians escalating situations, when the opposite is true. Only quotes cops on the subject of their own misconduct, etc. Garbage article.

That said it was written 6 years ago, does the writer still work there? A lot can change in that amount of time

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel like America stands at the brink of authoritarianism, and that there's a very real possibility that a domestically deployed military swearing allegiance to Trump will seek to suppress the upcoming election, and then I am reminded there is a significant number, if not a majority that believe that in a couple of weeks this will all calm down and things will be back to normal.

At least more people are waking up to what's happening. It was maddening watching Trump openly fire a colonel for dissidence because he obeyed a subpoena and testified at an impeachment hearing, and everyone reacting like, "oh yeah, that's normal, we're not watching the buddings of fascism."