• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
who wrote the piece? sammy?
yeah.

EZrL_6vWAAAjmsj

This is one of the most 'sorry you got offended' updates I've seen in a while. What a joke.
they don't even way "we now see why it was bad", they're saying "we can see why some may have thought it was bad". smh.

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston
this reminds me of when people were worried that sexual allegations would impact the release of Dragon Age 3.

It wasn't Dragon Age 3 - but it was another high profile game that I'm totally blanking on.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, we're canceling websites for being excited for the medium they cover now? Ok, I guess.
This is neither the time nor the place. Come off it.

This is a video game forum. You think a lot if not most of us weren't also looking forward to this event? No one here made a topic saying boohoo we missed our video game ads for a reason. People's livelihoods are being affected here.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"Should have" isn't bad? If they "should have" done it they would have contradicted their own very message they were trying to spread. And tweets for articles like this are just brief lead ins to the articles themselves, so they're essentially one in the same here.

That's a fair point - I guess I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

Push Square is trash regardless and this isn't our of character for them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like push square but I think it's just a mistake. They probably schedule this tweet long before to appear at this day, some hours before the main event kicks in.
but then things happen and the event get postponed. but the PR at Push Square probably forgot about this scheduled tweet.
then today, the tweet got public, and quickly they find out about their mistake and delete it from their page.

It's completely possible with these kind of Publishing tweeter accounts.
You need to go back and read the tweet and the article again

Planned ahead article this is not.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I hope you just didn't read the tweet/post before saying this. Tone deaf is almost an understatement.

"Should have" isn't bad? If they "should have" done it they would have contradicted their own very message they were trying to spread. And tweets for articles like this are just brief lead ins to the articles themselves, so they're essentially one in the same here.

I did assume they were just a bit disappointed, but understanding of the current landscape. I was a bit too generous I guess.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
if you can wait months for this, i'm sure you can wait another 7 days or so

Deleted member 64517

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
This is the site that posts news articles about ten minutes after threads are made here. They also console war like there's no tomorrow.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This screams "BOO HOO I DIDN'T GET MUH VIDYA, I'M NOT IN PERIL, WHY SHOULD I WAIT?"

Or something.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Never underestimate the man children. Your fucking toys are coming, dumbass.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
EZrL_6vWAAAjmsj

This is one of the most 'sorry you got offended' updates I've seen in a while. What a joke.
This is the part that got me. Ok you did the stupid thing, at least clean up your mess right. BUT NOPE. Here's a crappy apology in its place. "We're sorry you didn't like what we said. Were we wrong? Mm, jury's still out, but I can see why you might be upset. I'm very sorry you're upset. Maybe you can fix that later."

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wanted to see it too. But I'm perfectly okay with not seeing it. Hell, I haven't really been in the mood to play games all week.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Not just a tweet:
EZrL_5hXsAU_K5B

That is just plain awful.
EZrL_6vWAAAjmsj

Holy shit, both of these are terrible. How insensitive and entitled do you have to be to publish this:

"Our breaking news got taken away by pressing matters in the world and while this article that we already published may offend some of you that are ACTUALLY dealing with the important matters, we'll remove it in case you got offended"

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
That's one of the worst takes I have ever read.

Good god, who wrote this article?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Updated the apology again. Glad that they're finally acknowledging that this was misjudged and can see why some found it insensitive. Always bad when you have to issue an apology and then update the apology though.

We've decided to remove this article from our homepage and social media channels -- in hindsight we agree that the article was misjudged and take full responsibility. While we did publish this article with only positive intentions, focusing on our perspective as a PlayStation website, we can now see why some may have found it insensitive, and we can only apologise for any offence caused.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always have the impression that this site tend to have nonsensical contents and this just sealed it.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh God, I like that site...

What have they done?
it's just an accumulation over the years of "keep the gays / gay marriage out of my games!" comments and incredibly tone deaf/ignorant ones anytime something even vaguely political is referenced in an article. of course, i'm generalizing -- not everyone is bad there -- and this is the Internet, as no site is truly without terrible takes, especially by users, but i still dread going to the comments there.

it's all fine and dandy when it's a game announcement or a puff piece, though.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't this site's OP Ed praising Sony often get reposted here for discussion? I always found that odd

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks for the constructive feedback in this thread. I authored the article and take full responsibility for it. It should not be taken as a reflection of the website.

Clearly this article was in poor taste, and I do genuinely apologise for the offence caused.

Oct 30, 2017
The wording is not great.
Most people are disappointed by some degree even if they feel it's the right call to delay.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
I think if he apologized people should stop attacking him for free. Anyone can make a mistake, the important thing is to have the nobility to recognize it.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Push square news comes straight from here and any opinion pieces they do are always bad.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I have to wonder how this gets past an editor or how someone in the leading up to this coming out didn't go "this is fucking stupid and tone deaf".