• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

However it was quickly deleted. Here is what it originally said:

screen06.png

Fucking priorities.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thread worthy?

EDIT: In the actual article has some lol worthy prose.

"And then it was taken away." bahaha

Last edited:

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
I guess someone didn't get the memo.

UPDATE: Okay my mistake missed the "should have" part. geez

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

However it was quickly deleted. Here is what it originally said:

screen06.png

Fucking priorities.

I don't see the issue. It should have been, but events developed to make that untenible. Now if they were suggesting that the event should have taken place today despite the memorial, then I would disagree with that. And if they are disappointed? So what? I am disappointed but can still agree they were right to move the date.

Edit: oh there was an article as well? Pushsquare has a tendency to create news stories from the most minor piece of info.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they didn't mean it to be insensitive it's a pointless tweet that is transparently trying to drive some traffic by mentioning the PS5.

edit: oh there was an article too. equally pointless and definitely tone deaf.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
If it was deleted then they knew it was a shit tweet.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Not just a tweet:
EZrL_5hXsAU_K5B

That is just plain awful.
That's just...I can't.

I'm sorry that the most important thing in the world, gaming, had to be put on hold for a day to remember something completely unimportant like a memorial to a victim of systematic racism.

It's ok, we can forget all about it soon and stop interrupting your incredibly essential gaming content.

"Taken away". Fuck me.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I love how some people are acting like having to wait a few extra days to see the PS5 is the greatest travesty of justice. I mean, who cares about police brutality, racism, and just overall injustice in the world? Seeing a game system, that you can't even play until the end of the year, is far more important.

Sorry, threw up in my own mouth there for a second.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
PushSquare is just awful, always with their console war and shitty headlines.

Not surprised about this shit.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The taken away bit still has me laughing, that's legitimately hilarious.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
"And then it was taken away."

I mean, it's not difficult to question yourself for a little bit: would it be ignorant to play some victim words in the middle of a much bigger and real problem?

I don't understand how people get to the point of embarrassing themselves so much like this.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
What drives someone to think that article, and more specifically complaining the PS5 reveal was "taken away from them", was a good idea and to press "Publish"?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm still surprised at the take itself, I'm not surprised that it's from Push Square, if that makes sense. They've published some daft shite in recent memory.

Wild to me that they are part of the same network that has Eurogamer, RPS et al

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So much privilege in that tweet/article, I can't

Also fuck them with the whole "sorry if you were offended" fake ass apology

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, that's terrible. Imagine whining about not getting to see your toy right now.
Particularly in light of current events, and even moreso when it's gonna only be delayed by like, a few weeks at most lol. Like goddamn, how critical is it that we see this Sony event right this second? They could wait until a month before release and they'd still sell out lol

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Push square have had a lot of cheap clicks baity headlines recently.

This is on a whole new level of YIKES, however.

Jesus, who thought any of this was a good idea?

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The tweet itself seemed kind of harmless if it wasn't backed up by that whiny article.
Yeah some of us are a little disappointed but we got over it instantly because of the reason it's been delayed.
A weird thing to make an article about.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm upset about the delay and really craving info but all the racists and assholes making me want the wait to be even more agonizing since they wanna show their ass.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
User Banned (1 Week) - Thread Whining & False Equivalency
So, we're canceling websites for being excited for the medium they cover now? Ok, I guess.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I actually don't get the "disappointment" comments. I look forward to seeing some videogames, for sure, but it's not like it's an urgent matter that desperately needs to happen this fucking instant.

The games are not going away. This PR-event is not going away. Human lives are, though.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So, we're canceling websites for being excited for the medium they cover now? Ok, I guess.

No one is cancelling anyone but also maybe don't publish an article crying because you have to wait another week to see a plastic box and some video games while the entire world is currently protesting inequality.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I've always thought of Push Square as being a bit of joke in the first place for their console war nonsense, but this makes them legitimately shitty.

Oct 25, 2017
Im a big Sony fan but this site has always rubbed me the wrong way. This is one of those things that you may be thinking inside, but you dont intimate out loud.

No one is lamenting this more than Sony who even put an out ESPN ad promoting the event. If Sony isnt tweeting, you shouldnt be. They've lost much more than you and I ever will.

In other words, hush.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
That's just...I can't.

I'm sorry that the most important thing in the world, gaming, had to be put on hold for a day to remember something completely unimportant like a memorial to a victim of systematic racism.

It's ok, we can forget all about it soon and stop interrupting your incredibly essential gaming content.

"Taken away". Fuck me.

I hope someone actually feels shame for writing this.

Edit: Replied to wrong post. Should have been the screen with the writing.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope you just didn't read the tweet/post before saying this. Tone deaf is almost an understatement.

Tweet isn't so bad. Article seems like a complete joke though. What a baby.
"Should have" isn't bad? If they "should have" done it they would have contradicted their own very message they were trying to spread. And tweets for articles like this are just brief lead ins to the articles themselves, so they're essentially one in the same here.