• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think P6 will be annouced late 2021/early 2022?

• Yes

Votes: 104 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 202 47.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 116 27.5%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have been thinking about Persona 6 lately. We know that Hashino and his team are not working on P6 rather they are working on a brand new Fantasy RPG but there is a new team working on Persona's future, With Persona 5: Royal coming out last year and obviously requiring less work then most Persona games - i think it's very possible that Persona 6 is in devlopment as we speak. While i don't think it is going to come out for a whil (2023 would my bet bet). I wouldn't be suprised if we got annoucement regarding Persona's future very soon with a possible Persona 6 in the works. Plus recent Atlas news has made me think of a possible P6 in 2022/2023.

According to this there is going to be new game annoucments in 2021 so i wouldn't be suprised if we got some updates on the future of Persona in 2021 which may be P6.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
According to this there is going to be new game annoucments in 2021 so i wouldn't be suprised if we got some updates on the future of Persona in 2021 which may be P6.
Persona Team leader Kazuhisa Wada has already said they've got many exciting announcements lined up for the 25th anniversary of Persona in 2021. It could be just like November 2013, where Persona 5 was announced alongside the Persona 4 spin-offs.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for Project Fantasy from the persona team split

studiozero.jpg

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Persona Team leader Kazuhisa Wada has already said they've got many exciting announcements lined up for the 25th anniversary of Persona in 2021. It could be just like November 2013, where Persona 5 was announced alongside the Persona 4 spin-offs.
Yeah, that's what i am leaning towards..unless they decided to remake P3 then i could see P6 being quite far off

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I still think their next big game before Shin Megami Tensei V will be Project Fantasy

Meaning, I don't see a Persona 6 announcement until late 2022.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 is way too successful for that yet. Expect another spin off or two first and then maaaaybe we'll get an announcement once the fantasy project is almost released.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The fact that its the 25th Anniversary next year might lend P6 annoucement some points in regard to it being likely

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Depends on if Project Re Fantasy is coming anytime soon. If it is I can see them not talking about P6 until they release that. Not to mention SMTV too.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
No.

I wouldn't even expect to hear anything on Persona 6 until awhile after Project Re Fantasy, and SMT:V launch.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I think thats not unrealistic. Now when it actually releases thats a different question.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Still waiting for Project Fantasy from the persona team split

studiozero.jpg

I know people are not very fond of Hashino but this is what he said recently in that 2021 JP creators Famitsu article.
What's New: "I'd like to announce the title we're developing as soon as possible. We've previously created contemporary dramas, but please look forward to the 'fantasy RPG' we're taking on next."

Oct 30, 2017
OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Why's it dumb? 5 was announced a year after 4 Golden came out lol
I thought it was dumb considering Atlus is riding P5 hype but the more i thought about it. P6 being annouced next year in the form of a teaser makes sense considering the 25th Anniversery. I expect a new Persona game annoucment either way

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't bet on it but anything's possible. I'd much rather hear about Project Re Fantasy, though.

AMAKAN93

May 5, 2018
I have a strong feeling that Persona 6 will really just be Persona 5-2. Same cast, maybe some new additions and sequel to the 5 story.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
If it weren't for the pandemic I'd predict earlier tbh, in a way I'm actually surprised it hasn't been announced yet. I guess we're never getting anything remotely like Persona 3 -> 4 wait timing again.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
I do think we get a teaser for 6 to celebrate the anniversary but I would probably bet a 2023 release date for the actual game.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a strong feeling that Persona 6 will really just be Persona 5-2. Same cast, maybe some new additions and sequel to the 5 story.
I personally hope so since I love the cast. It would be interested seeing how they are years later. Maybe more serious topics could be discussed and Futaba being the only one in high school would be mad interesting.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they'll try a 3d Devil Survivor game before abandoning the series...

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Project Re Fantasy announcement appear to be happening this upcoming year 2021.
I think, a Persona 6 announcement could happen as early as 2022, but not sooner.

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how SMT V and Project Re Fantasy prevent them from showing a small teaser for Persona 6 in 2021 or 2022. They're going to drip their marketing over multiple years until the release anyway.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
Let's see how homophobic this one will be.

I really hope this new team changes the homophobia and the terrible sexualisation issues P5 had.

We need a new direction for the series after the Hashino trilogy.

I can see the game being announced or teased next year for the 25th anniversary but I don't think they'll release it till end of 2022 or mid-2023.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I think we'll get a painfully slow, 40-minute stream in 2022, that'll unveil a mysterious date at the very end. Then when the time comes in 2023, a website goes live with a count-down timer. When the counter reaches zero, it reveals a colour, a stencilled out background of a bathroom, and a vague tag-line. Folks will decide it'll feature a college-age cast from this information, and assume the game is almost done, because surely it's been long enough and why else would drawing attention to the game. Impressively though, people manage to track down the location of the bathroom in real life.

It'll be radio silence until well into 2024 then, where we get the first proper reveal. It's still a game about high-schoolers, starring some kind of voiceless weenie protagonist. This is also where they'll mention it's PS4 exclusive, and that it won't run on PS5s because they deliberately blocked it from working. Luckily Atlus announces the PS5 port before the launch of the game, but strangely bans the PS5 version from being streamed on Twitch, Youtube, and Walmart's streaming service Florpi.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it will be a sequel but I think it will use a LOT from Royal. Like maybe they finally retire Igor

Time for Philemon to come back baby

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 6 being announced next year makes sense to me. It won't be released for several years after it's announced anyway.

Persona 5 came out in 2016