• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if it's the sweat from the hottest booty in the place, that's not my fetish so wipe your damn puddle up...
You're right and yet, at least for me, they always happen to be dudes. I'm sure it happens but I've never seen this disgusting phenomenon with ladies (let alone a super attractive one).

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Dudes who spend 20 minutes in the bathroom, shaving, cleaning their ears, putting wax on their half bald head. There are only two sinks and you are hogging one for 20 minutes. Jesus H

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
People going to the gym bathroom or locker room and not flushing, I don't need nor want to smell your shit when I trying to pee.

People who either forgo wearing deodorant entirely or think their dry fit tshirts don't need to be washed, you smell like dead animals are nesting under your arms.

PUT YOUR FUCKING SHIT AWAY WHEN YOU ARE DONE WORKING OUT! There is nothing more annoying than walking in to find the floor covered with barbells and bars, and having to spend 10 minutes putting shit away so I can work out. Also if I'm putting someone else's shit away to free up space for myself, MY SPACE IS NOT UP FOR GRABS!

Chalk is not meant to be used in excess, if you are leaving a trail behind yourself, you are doing it wrong.

And finally, wipe after yourself! For fuck's sake, if you are too lazy to clean your nasty ass sweat, at least the fucking cleaning crew know.

Also, and this one kills me, don't drop a fucking empty bar on the floor. Seriously.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I go to the gym with my significant other and people will walk up to us and ask if we are both using separate equipment. Like mf'ers expect us to fusion-ha into one individual because today is leg day for both of us.

Nah she pays her membership too. You don't want to use the crappy 3rd squat rack? Tough luck fam. Watch this depth though.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People who use the benches for leg stretches or just to sit and do curls. Why is the bench press so attractive to people who want to do those?

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The guy screaming loudly while doing reps. Not heavy lifting at all, I'm talking light dumbbells.

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who is an avid gym guy...I never understood why so many people are so concerned with what other people are doing at the gym? I don't really give a shit, i just do my workout and go home.

People are sensitive and observing in different degrees. I for example have super active senses and can't ignore anything that's happening around me, not a thing. I wish I was blessed like you.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also I swear there must be people specifically on a mission to put weights on the wrong racks, especially putting big weights on top of the little ones.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't bug me I guess, just something I notice, people putting their entire body into a bicep curl because they picked a weight that was far too heavy. They just look silly.

What actually bugs me is people who smell like shit, and don't wipe down their machines if they leave it sweaty and gross.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I go between 9-10pm and the gym leaves BBC Radio 1 on, and the DJ's on at that time are so fucking obnoxious it puts me off my workout.

Listen to this man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OTRXTHUUsw and tell me you don't lose the will to live.

Thankfully the music he plays is pretty high tempo so it's ok to work out to.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Only thing that really bugs me is people taking equipment but not using them (sitting on an exercise bike or rowing machine chatting) when the rest are full.
Otherwise, if you're there and exercising, I don't care what sounds you make or if you smell or wearing the wrong thing or if you're doing it right or wrong or if your 95lb bro is spotting you - you're there, you're trying, and kudos to you.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
-Put up your fucking weights when you're done.
-I don't care how strong you are, don't take every fucking 45 lbs plate available for the leg press machine
-Don't take weights off of my station if I'm on the station without asking (happens until I have to look like I'm about to break someone in half when I'm on the bench press)
-The gym is not your personal fitness studio. Don't hog 3-4 machines all at once because you're trying to do a circuit.
-Wipe off the equipment
-Give people some space to do their exercises.
-Don't stand over the barbell rack to do your exercises. Other people have to get/put up weights too.

That's all the shit I've experienced over the years, and some that I have to put up with now.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
People who stare right at while you're doing your workout. A glance is fine, flattering even, but a full on creepstare is unsettling and disturbing.

People who follow you around the gym trying to get your attention is really annoying too.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing these post makes me realised something...I need to get back to the gym.

There are people who go to the gym without headphones?

Yeah I do as I am deaf so I wear hearing aids and slip the earphone between my ear and hearing aids but that only works if I am in a quiet environment and doing the gym exercise will probably cause the earphone to slip out.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm most annoyed by what's playing on the TVs

My gym is like 60% older moms who complain about sports being played in a gym, so we have the news (aka reporting on non-stop murders and rapes and children being killed 24/7) and the fucking FOOD CHANNEL on those screens at all times. Somehow my eyes always find their way to a screen, especially when I'm doing cardio, and it's a fucking buzzkill.

Or I come out of the gym craving a burger or some shit
This.

Try to pay attention to my audio book but always get distracted by the screens, and my mind wanders.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to be the only cool one with AirPods. Now heaps of people have them.

At the old gym I went to, there was this old annoying woman that would do nothing but the treadmill in elaborate fashion. She would cover the display and rails in towels and she would hold onto the display as if she were doing iPad selfies. The worst part was every five minutes or so she would make the gross "bringing up phlegm" sound.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
There's this guy at the gym who apparently wants to be friends with me (and with everyone else, it seems). He started talking to me while I was wearing my headphones, so I was polite enough to take them off even though I was kind of in a rush. I immediately regretted it since he started talking about his workout schedule, his diet etc. He even brought out his phone because he insisted I should see his before/after pics. Eventually I got away from him, now I'm just hoping I won't run into him again. lol

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The over abundance of dick flopping around in the locker rooms by older dudes. Like it's fine that you're naked but you don't have to wander around the locker room like that

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Wear some fucking deoderant. I'm a smelly fucking guy and take good care to make sure I mask my natural stink but some people don't give a damn.
Well I mean shit, it's the gym. You're getting sweaty and smelly just by default. I'm not going to wake up and shower and get all nice and clean only to get all disgusting again and have to shower all over again. I usually wake up and go to the gym then shower and put deodorant and do all that stuff afterwards. Flame me all you want but it's logical.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Dudes trying to talk to you about a hot chick that passed by in the gym. No, stop, don't. Not a bonding moment.

Well I mean shit, it's the gym. You're getting sweaty and smelly just by default. I'm not going to wake up and shower and get all nice and clean only to get all disgusting again and have to shower all over again. I usually wake up and go to the gym then shower and put deodorant and do all that stuff afterwards. Flame me all you want but it's logical.

Nah, brush your teeth and put on deoderant. No one wants to adjust to your BO just because you already have.

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This. So much this fucking thing right here. I hate those that dont carry a towel but its somehow worse when said idiot does have one and doesnt bother to wipe his disgusting sweat from the headrest.

Yeah if you leave a visible puddle then you should clean it up but i'm not carrying around a towel and cleaning down all my stuff after use if I'm not sweating my ass off. If you want perfectly clean equipment that should be on you to clean it before using it.

Last edited:

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This one is more funny than annoying or dumb but the guy who came from the office and is working out in his button up shirt and office slacks. Pack a gym bag bruh.

There used to be a guy who would always work out in scrubs at my old gym. Like dude, did you just come from the hospital potentially covered in bodily fluids and work out? Gross. Or if it was the other way around, now you're getting all sweaty in your scrubs and now you're going to be interacting with patients. Double gross

Wonderbrah

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Dudes trying to talk to you about a hot chick that passed by in the gym. No, stop, don't. Not a bonding moment.

Nah, brush your teeth and put on deoderant. No one wants to adjust to your BO just because you already have.

Alright fair enough. i always brush my teeth and use mouthwash in case I talk to someone. Guess it is pretty gross. Takes 2 seconds to rub on some deodorant.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
There's this guy at the gym who apparently wants to be friends with me (and with everyone else, it seems). He started talking to me while I was wearing my headphones, so I was polite enough to take them off even though I was kind of in a rush. I immediately regretted it since he started talking about his workout schedule, his diet etc. He even brought out his phone because he insisted I should see his before/after pics. Eventually I got away from him, now I'm just hoping I won't run into him again. lol
Hey bro, I'm glad I found you. We should get together some time and catch up on my workout plan!

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worse shit is the dudes that do one set on a machine then run around the machine a few times. Then they stretch and do another set and repeat the running, then they do the same shit on each machine.

We banned a dude that kept doing this

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People who don't warm up, people who warm up too much, bad form, and people doing stupid exercises when they don't have any muscle base (curls for 30 minutes and they can't squat at all).

I workout at two gyms now. My chain gym is rife with this. However, my other gym Jakked which is a hardcore gym, doesn't put with that shit. The owner will help you out as much as he can up to a point. I've seen him throw people out

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Too many to count.

- Not putting weight back
- Not cleaning off the bench when you sweat all over it
- Curling in the squat rack
- Deadlifting in the squat rack
- Pretty much doing anything in the squat rack that doesn't require a squat rack
- Leaving shit around
- Playing music on your phone through the speaker
- Not understanding the concept of working in
- Not wearing deodorant

I go to a gym that is 10.00 a month so it attracts the worst crowd.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Worse shit is the dudes that do one set on a machine then run around the machine a few times. Then they stretch and do another set and repeat the running, then they do the same shit on each machine.

We banned a dude that kept doing this
I can't even understand why someone would do this.

I always hate when people think they can use multiple machines at once. And the roided out pricks that screech every time they do a rep are ridiculous too.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
People who don't put their weights back after them on the squat rack. People who put the heaviest weights on top of the lightest weights when putting them away, requiring you to remove the heavy weights to get access to the lighter ones.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that really annoyed me was the people who kept coming up to me trying to correct my form. Made me feel so shitty I stopped going to the gym. Really felt awful knowing that what everyone said was wrong: I was being judged at the gym, all the time. Weird to think it's been over four years since I've been in a gym.

Speaking of people judging others at the gym, if anyone has that 4chan greentext with the dude doing dumb exercises with his neck, I'd appreciate it. Haven't seen it in a while and my friend's been bugging me about it.

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
People curling in the squat rack.

Steroid users giving nutritional advice to newcomers (or people in general).

Kids using steroids. We have this one 16 year old who is quite buff and super shredded. Every girl on this planet would envy him because that kid got no hair on his body (low natural testo). Even admitted to me that he hasn't ever shaved in his life. So I ask him what he's using and he claims - hold sour horses - it's genetics. Really rustled my jimmies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I sweat like crazy and can smell terrible but I take care to at least do the bare minimum to cover for myself including bring some extra deodorant with me. Don't go to the fucking gym if you're going to be disgusting. Its not hard to be a smelly mess.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
People who do more than one exercise at the time.

I get that it's a type of regimen, but it's a terrible thing to do in small gyms with just one of each machine. I'm want to to some bicep or tricep and some douche is using all five bicep machines at the same time and telling me "well, we can do a set each and take turns".

Fuck that.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
People who just sit and text on a machine. Hurry up bitch, it's my turn!

Also gross noisy dudes. I don't wanna hear you cum when lifting weights that are too heavy for you.