• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just had the chance to look at this at my laptop and it looks incredibly well made!
The artwork is just on point!

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I really hope it's real, not seeing any press releases or anything though so I'm leaning towards it being fake unfortunately.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It would be too cruel if this was just an April Fool's joke. But story documents for an upcoming Game Atelier game leaked a while back and they were, uh, not for a Ducktales game, so I'm leaning towards cruel, cruel joke.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
www.gematsu.com

April Fools’ Day 2020 compilation

Another year, another April 1, another roundup of April Fools’ Day jokes from the games industry.

Gematsu has this under their April fools day 2020 compilation.

RQKpTQb.png

So yeah, fake.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it's real, not seeing any press releases or anything though so I'm leaning towards it being fake unfortunately.
Yeah nearly everyone in that Twitter thread is @ing them saying some variation of if this is a joke I'll be pissed. It wouldn't be that hard for them to tweet "it's not a joke." So either it's a joke or they're just dicks.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I don't really like when April Fools jokes are for something people would genuinely like as opposed to something zany. Seems quite cruel.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make sense at all for this to be fake. If it is, it's not an April Fool's joke. It's just a mean, bizarre lie.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
The odds of this being a pitch to Disney that never got of the ground and they're putting this out there to show how interested people are is HIGH.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's an obvious fake. What characters on the ground look up to look when your character is jumping around above them? And Quackshot had nothing to do with DT. And it wasn't plural. It's all dumb.

Anyway.

Getting people's hopes up like this just makes you an asshole.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The Duck Tales guy could just be playing along or could be out of the loop. I'm guessing this is real, but they released this teaser on April Fool's Day to generate discussion and then they'll do an official reveal with the season premiere later this week.

Hard to believe an Executive Producer would be "out of the loop". Still, his wanting it to be real is "good news".

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to believe an Executive Producer would be "out of the loop". Still, his wanting it to be real is "good news".

Big companies don't always communicate the best between division. The idea that someone at Disney greenlit a new videogame and an exec on the TV series didn't know about it isn't impossible, especially if the game in question is still in the early stages.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Would love this to be real. One of the first Genesis games I ever played, still holds a big nostalgic place in my heart.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty much deconfirmed by Game Aterlier RT'ing that tweet from the co-producer

P0BI9vE.png

Pretty sure the game's own supposed developers would know if it exists or not

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
It's probably a joke but a successor to the NES game based on the new series is almost certainly going to be a thing at some point.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
April fools games have become real before.

Sometimes I think devs do this to gauge interest or convince execs to green light an idea

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Why do so many companies have such trouble seeing the line between "this will be a funny joke" and "this is a cool thing that's actually a lie and will just annoy people"?

Like, it's not impossible to make a cute April Fool's Joke. But there needs to be...you know...a joke in there somewhere

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
This is so fake isn't even funny... I mean, you can see that those are just artwork even if it wasn't the first of april.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Why do so many companies have such trouble seeing the line between "this will be a funny joke" and "this is a cool thing that's actually a lie and will just annoy people"?

Like, it's not impossible to make a cute April Fool's Joke. But there needs to be...you know...a joke in there somewhere
Why do so many gamers have to take april fools jokes personally?

You know what's coming each year.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Seriously, that's just mean, holy fucking shit. One of the most classic games from my childhood.
Monster Boy was amazing, but this company just lost some points with me.

Oct 27, 2017
This pisses me off more than it should. I've been hoping for new DuckTales game ever since the new series started because it's such a no brainer to do a game based on it. Yet all we get are shitty april's fool jokes :(

Foot

Mar 10, 2019

Yeah, I love a good April Fools joke, but this isn't how you do it.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much deconfirmed by Game Aterlier RT'ing that tweet from the co-producer

P0BI9vE.png

Pretty sure the game's own supposed developers would know if it exists or not

I had a look through the likes and retweets, and they're interesting... in that they're all likes and retweets from people who are *enthusiastic* about it, not people who are just outright saying "April Fool's joke? Sucky" or similar. (Some are saying things like "Probably an April Fool's Joke... but I wish")

Y'know what, dammit, I'll stick my neck out: Thoroughly expecting to be wrong, but still, #TeamReal.

Maybe if we all wish really hard.