• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow the memories, I remember getting this as a kid on my Genesis - such a great platformer; I still remember all the music. Would be cool to see a remake, though I don't mind playing the old game if not.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not Team Joke but wouldn't be surprised if Disney lets them make an actual game due to the joke's response.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
New to April Fools? More elaborate stuff has been done before.

It could've been a proof of concept that was never greenlit. This happens a lot in all entertainment industries.
I'm not saying it's impossible or anything. But it does look amazing, the quality of the drawing i meant, way better than things like Skullgirls or Monster Boy. I'm calling it fake exactly because of that :P

Or maybe it's real, who knows, but if it does looks like the screenshots...then damn man

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Don't tease this...Ducktales Reboot is fantastic and deserves a bad ass game.

April Fools is bullshit lol

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
I'm guessing they do have a Duck Universe game in the works but it's not specifically a QuackShot game.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
if this is april fools it's the worst kind where it isn't overtly stupid and just disappoints a lot of people

if it isn't april fools you could have maybe waited a day or two to tweet this to avoid the confusion

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
There are a lot of tells in the images that they are at the very least not a real running video game yet. I suppose they could be concept art for a game they're really making.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Too much of a coincidence to post this today and i think if it wasn't a joke they would have mentioned it since everyone would think it is a joke.
The screens look great though i hope i am wrong and it is real.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
at this point April Fools jokes are only funny if they're incredibly obviously fake

This is just toying with peoples emotions, if it is just a joke

The best case scenario is that Disney sees the reaction and green lights it, but that's a pretty cynical move on FDG's part

Oct 31, 2017
What is it with most April Fool's jokes being somewhat mean spirited and totally TONE DEAF. Platinum's was super tone deaf. The world doesn't need false hopes thrown at it right now.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this because this'd be one of my dream games. Sadly pretty sure those screenshots are mock-ups since the perspective on those 2D backgrounds wouldn't make sense anymore if the camera scrolled to the right or left.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
EUgbmzTX0AEbHkE

eeeh

Oh even better somebody already posted this.

Yeah that cut off would imply this is probably not in game? The dev also liked tweets about how fucked up it is that it's fake.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
In what sense is this parody? It's not satirising or passing comment on anything, it's just (sorry) fake news.
If it's an April fools joke it's parody. In that sense.

you can't truly believe that this should be prosecuted for IP infringement. Get a fucking grip.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for Ducktales but in general, April Fools Jokes that just revolve around showing people exactly what they want and then going "haha, it's just a Joke Bro" are just not funny to me. There is already enough cynicism around.

Hope it's real.
Also hope it has Darkwing in it. I like to be doubly disappointed.

New DuckTales does. If real, it's very much not impossible (although I do note that Scrooge is using a Darkwing-esque ability in the shot he appears in)

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
You DO NOT joke about QuackShot! >_>

Such a good game, if it doesn't turn out to be real well, then I shall continue to be miffed at these kinds of 'lol you want this cool thing right? JUST KIDDING' 'jokes'.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
This would be cool to have, the current Ducktales is excellent so a game would be well appreciated.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
If it's a joke, is a terrible one. DuckTales is a beloved staple of many people's childhood, and those screens look absolutely lovely. Joking with such a thing when people are already disheartened as hell is kind of ... cruel? April 1st is shit, now more than ever.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom

Let's at least take some time to appreciate the original and it's OST whilst we're waiting on whether or not to be very very disappointed with FDG.

[I do not advocate dogpiling on FDG if this does turn out to be an April Fools but if it is it will still suck immensely]