• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The "here is a game you would want, but april fools" jokes are never funny, specially in these current times

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great in stills (and monster boy looked great in motion), so I'm hyped for this. Glad they didn't go with poly backgrounds like Ducktales Remastered did

Don't think it'd be an april fools, that would be some bad press.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
These are the worst kinds of April Fools' jokes because all you're doing is crushing dreams.

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
Looks very good. Nobody would spend that much effort on an April's Fools jokes... Right?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why this would be a "joke." That's what's so dumb. An April Fools joke should be silly.

Like the whole point of April Fools is to make fun of people for being gullible or whatever. Announcing something that everyone would want is not funny. It's not even a joke.

I think most people with humor in their bones can enjoy something silly. This isn't silly. It's just mean.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The "here is a game you would want, but april fools" jokes are never funny, specially in these current times
This is why FC3: Blood Dragon is the GOAT April Fools joke. "It's Far Cry 3, but neon-tinged and starring Michael Biehn. Also, it's real and coming out in two weeks."

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I don't know why this would be a "joke." That's what's so dumb. An April Fools joke should be silly.

Like the whole point of April Fools is to make fun of people for being gullible or whatever. Announcing something that everyone would want is not funny. It's not even a joke.

I think most people with humor in their bones can enjoy something silly. This isn't silly. It's just mean.
That seems to be the current trend sadly like with the Flipnote Studio leak that turned out to be fake.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
The dev retweeted it. So maybe its real.

Game Atelier (@GameAtelier) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from Game Atelier (@GameAtelier). Stay Amazed! | Video Game Development Company | Currently working on Monster Boy for #NintendoSwitch #PS4 and #XboxOne. #MonsterBoyGame 🐷🐍🐸🦁🐲🙎🏻‍♂️. Paris

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand fuck April fools on the other why would you do a joke that could get you a DMCA hit.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Oh man I loved this game as a kid. I got it for Christmas and played it from like 5am until my parents got up.

Please be real.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's an April Fools my guess would be it's from a proof of concept that didn't get approved/greenlit/etc. that they want out there

But I guess that's just my naive hope

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might have been wise to make this announcement on a different day if it is real.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I see this as a joke. Hope to be proven wrong.

Considering the new show's ardent fanbase, I hope it isn't, because they don't deserve the usual April Fools idiot yearly videogame crap.

I always say isn't the point of April Fools that you don't act immature (and mock something earnest and pure like NuDucktales) for the other 364 days of the year?

The new show is incredibly charming, this'd be a real dick move.

This isn't the dev of this supposedly real game's fault, or anybody's fault really, but it's more to do with how much gaming has leaned into internet culture (and vice versa) over the last couple generations.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That looks amazing. Hope it's not an April Fool!

Although Monster Boy was in development forever, so can't see this releasing any time soon if real.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
The art style is so much worse than the original, so I'm gonna scoot over to the "let's hope it's an April Fools joke" camp.

edit: Oh, it's a not a remake, never mind then. Odd to re-use the title though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but hope.

To get a bit more serious, it does strike me that Quackshot does fit quite nicely with New DuckTales; given how New DuckTales is integrating a ton of 90's Disney IP into a single universe, and has a much more adventurous Donald, it doesn't seem like a huge jump to tying them together.

However, if there *was* a game based on the New DuckTales IP on the way... I think it would probably have DuckTales in the title somewhere! DuckTales: Quackshots I could absolutely believe, but Quackshots alone? Fishy. I am wondering if there's a possibility that this is a Jarate/Yakuza RPG thing and a reveal disguised as an April Fools' joke.

Edit: Oh, wait, the hashtag threw me off, they are calling it DuckTales: Quackshots. That's one concern out of the way.

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the DuckTales reboot is actually a pretty cool show. I would look into a video game for it if they were serious.