• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

well, the voice actor is Rob Paulsen but he's only done a few side voices for the show. according to IMDb, voiced "gibbous / moonlander #1"

They wanted to go a different direction. This is early Steelbeak and they wanted him to be a foil to launchpad(loud mouth know nothing externalizer versus Internalizing know nothing)
Ah. have they literally said that? I mean, doesn't matter to me. just thought it odd. Lol.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
well, the voice actor is Rob Paulsen but he's only done a few side voices for the show. according to IMDb, voiced "gibbous / moonlander #1"

Ah. have they literally said that? I mean, doesn't matter to me. just thought it odd. Lol.
Interview link is hypertext one this post from the last page
I can understand why they went with Steelbeak's change when explained that he's supposed to be a rookie who thinks he has all the answers. Thus a counterpoint to Launchpad.

Whoever they cast for Taurus though, one thing is clear, the casting on this show has been spot on, so I have little doubt that whoever they pick will do a great job in their own interpretation.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
They wanted to go a different direction. This is early Steelbeak and they wanted him to be a foil to launchpad(loud mouth know nothing externalizer versus Internalizing know nothing)

Also glad that Max
does exist in this universe even if he doesn't show up in person

Definitely enjoying this season
Interview link is hypertext one this post from the last page
cool. Thanks.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
promo art for Louie's Eleven going up early, guess it's not really a secret anymore which legacy characters will appear in it

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
promo art for Louie's Eleven going up early, guess it's not really a secret anymore which legacy characters will appear in it

Oh shit. It's time.

I'm not only excited to see the show's take on Daisy, but also because this show has been making me feel so bad for Donald, and god does he need some damn happiness.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Disney Press site just updated w/ the full episode synopsis (previous versions omitted certain details) AND several screenshots for "Louie's Eleven!". They usually don't do this until after the episode airs, so this is kinda awkward. You can pretty much guess how the episode is going to play out from these shots, so fair warning.

Louie's Eleven!

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It will be Tress MacNeille, right? I imagine so, since she's been the voice of Daisy so long (even since before she was Babs Bunny and Dot Warner). But you never know, I guess.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Sneak peek and article on Daisy's debut this Saturday:
ew.com

Exclusive: Watch Daisy Duck make her debut in new 'DuckTales' clip

Daisy Duck enters the world of 'DuckTales' for the first time in exclusive new clip from season 3.

"We had talked about Daisy all the way back in season 1," co-showrunner Francisco Angones tells EW. "There was a period of time where we thought we would make Daisy Glomgold's personal assistant. The idea was Glomgold would be like, 'well McDuck has Donald Duck, so I'll have Daisy Duck!' In that version they were exes. But we were looking at it, and it seemed like so many stories we were telling in that first season were rooted in things that happened in the past. We were like geez, it's like all of the most interesting stories already happened before our show started. So we decided to take another approach: Instead of having it be history, let's have them meet for the first time."

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I would be pretty annoyed if they turned Gargoyles into a comedy
... do you honestly expect full on og gargoyles to appear in ducktales? It would not work, except as a joke(that would probably get old quickly... which might be fine since they would likely only get a few episodes the entire run of the show). They could probably get away with splitting the difference though.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
... do you honestly expect full on og gargoyles to appear in ducktales? It would not work, except as a joke(that would probably get old quickly... which might be fine since they would likely only get a few episodes the entire run of the show). They could probably get away with splitting the difference though.
They could get away with splitting it 50/50. The team working on Ducktales is very talented and have a lot of pride in their love for the old stuff so I doubt they would want to just make the characters/character just there for comedy purposes. It kinda depends on the characters that pop up some are obviously more silly than the others.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'd think the more likely Gargoyles scenario is they introduce a similar group of characters and bring back the voice actors for them. They're totally absent in pretty much all interviews with the creators. My impression was since they were in a 'human' world they weren't considered for the show.

(I do still want Bonkers to show up.)

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to integrate Gargoyles like they've done with other Disney Afternoon shows would be weird just because of how different in style and substance the show is from everything else. A sly reference would be appreciated, but I sure as fuck don't think we'll see anything like the recent Rescue Rangers guest spot for them.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really know anything about Daisy as a character other then she is sometimes Donald's girlfriend. I really liked what I saw in the clip though. From the title it sounds like we're going to get a heist, so that should be fun.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

This is a great theory

I can totally by that Webby is the child of Velma Vanderduck who is an Agent of FOWL. It makes logical sense - the fact that Scrooge said Vanderduck not Vanderquack. The fact Mrs Beakly hit Webby for 10 Years and constantly trained, the fact that in her talk with Lena she has seen darkness grow in young ducks. I got totally by that Mrs Beakly's child went down a dark path and joined FOWL and Mrs Beakly is trying to hide that fact

Last edited:

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for reposting, am I tripping right now or has this been some of the best TV of all-time? Halfway through Episode 3 and my mind is being blown by the creativity and the way old characters have been introduced.

This is Rick & Morty levels with the meta.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Also going back to the Quack Pack episode, seeing the Pep commercial made me wish they'd called their in-universe soda Coo-Coo Cola ;p but I suspect that even if they'd wanted to they wouldn't have been allowed ):
Coo-Coo Cola was specifically a Rescue Rangers thing. Tad Stone said that Darkwing Duck and the original DuckTales exist in different universes, so it's safe to assume that Pep is not referencing Coo-Coo Cola, nor does it represent something that applies to every show in the Disney Afternoon.

How I wish they reference that song in the show!

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Gargoyles would be a better fit for St Canard if the Darkwing Duck spin-off actually happens.Them being from a human world didn't stop Rescue Rangers, but the style and tone of the show doesn't really fit and it might be outside of the window they're working in (Wuzzles through Goof Troop it seems?)

Coo-Coo Cola was specifically a Rescue Rangers thing. Tad Stone said that Darkwing Duck and the original DuckTales exist in different universes, so it's safe to assume that Pep is not referencing Coo-Coo Cola, nor does it represent something that applies to every show in the Disney Afternoon.

How I wish they reference that song in the show!
Oh, right, I know the new DuckTales is in its own timeline separate from the OG Disney Afternoon, I just wish that their in-universe Coke had been Coo-Coo Cola instead of Pep from the get go as a cute reference, since from the jump they've had all the DA shared universe stuff. But since they couldn't use the Rescue Rangers at all when they started they probably wouldn't have been able to. Would have been so cool to have their logo spray painted in random spots in the backgrounds like they'd wanted to do ;__;

Though I'm not gonna pretend that the Pep jingle wasn't a banger!

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that a new episode premieres tomorrow @ 9:30AM on Disney XD and VOD.

Louie's Eleven!
(April 25, 2020)
EWaFV8OVcAEUtRu

Louie plans a break-in at a high-class party hosted by Duckburg's most popular tastemaker, Emma Glamour, so the Three Caballeros can play as Donald tries to get past the party's no-nonsense planner, Daisy Duck.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
It's so sweet that the one thing Donald (and his family) sees as his greatest weakness/disability is the thing Daisy loves about him.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
are we not going to talk about this

177d7867a81fdb27e39d20bce7603ed1f73ccd05.png

throw-away gag ("kid" inventor, get it) or foreshadowing?
also the fandom already compares '17 Gyro to Rusty Venture and this is just going to add fuel to the fire

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Actually shows why Daisy and Donald are so perfect together. I tend to forget that they both are prone to anger, lol

... Weirdly I couldn't help but noticed that Robin Atkin Downes was credited as "Robin Atkin Downer".

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, am I correct in thinking that one scene mocked Henry Cavill's "uncocking arms" movement from the latest Mission Impossible movie?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Nice and early.

EWjedTTU4AAglMr.jpg

twitter.com

JZurek on Twitter

“Hope everyone has been enjoying season 3 of #ducktales so far! This Saturday is Astro BOYD! It's got a lot of action and it's got a lot of heart. Check it out!”

"Astro B.O.Y.D.!" premieres this Saturday.

Also, am I correct in thinking that one scene mocked Henry Cavill's "uncocking arms" movement from the latest Mission Impossible movie?
probably

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
After reading the synopsis for Astro B.O.Y.D.

Something from Gyro's past will endanger the city? Does this mean the return of Armstrong or Robotica?

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I
Great episode. Actually shows why Daisy and Donald are so perfect together. I tend to forget that they both are prone to anger, lol

... Weirdly I couldn't help but noticed that Robin Atkin Downes was credited as "Robin Atkin Downer".
Daisy is one of the most inconsistent characters in Disney. Her getting angry isn't that common; at least not Donald angry. Usually angry girlfriend angry. She's usually written to be the foil to whatever character she's paired with. If it's a Daisy and Donald cartoon she's the calm or slightly angry one who berates Donald for being mean or raging and a reason for Donald to try to keep himself calm. If it's a Daisy and Minnie cartoon usually Daisy is an inconsiderate friend. More recent portrayals have made Daisy more of an inconsiderate, self-centered ditz obsessed with fame.

I like this version.

I wonder if they'll introduce April, May, and June...
A9exs3A.png

Unless The Featherweights are April, May, and June.
h9JGIbX.jpg

Nice and early.

EWjedTTU4AAglMr.jpg

twitter.com

JZurek on Twitter

“Hope everyone has been enjoying season 3 of #ducktales so far! This Saturday is Astro BOYD! It's got a lot of action and it's got a lot of heart. Check it out!”

"Astro B.O.Y.D.!" premieres this Saturday.

probably

Finally Tezuka gets justice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.