• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Really solid start to the season. It was really fun to see more of Violet. I liked the character design for her dads, and I guess Lena is her sister now? I had heard something about that before, but thought it was just fan cannon. Either way i thought everything about Violet's family was really sweet.

It's also great to see how Della is adjusting to being a regular part of the family. Her interactions with Launchpad at the end of the episode were gold. It's really good to have this show back, and it looks like it will be a fun season.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys.
I assume that the show is streaming on disney+ , just a quick check because it's not currently available in my country (Sweden) and I'm going trough some alternatives (well basicly vpn or wait)

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Really solid start to the season. It was really fun to see more of Violet. I liked the character design for her dads, and I guess Lena is her sister now? I had heard something about that before, but thought it was just fan cannon. Either way i thought everything about Violet's family was really sweet.
The end of Season 1 made it seem like Scrooge was inviting her to stay in his mansion if she pledged to help him beat Magica, and we assumed that offer still stood after she came back to the cast in the middle of Season 2 but apparently the showrunners thought it'd be better if she roomed with the Sabrewings instead, as revealed by Frank on his blog:

Image1.jpg

Hi guys.
I assume that the show is streaming on disney+ , just a quick check because it's not currently available in my country (Sweden) and I'm going trough some alternatives (well basicly vpn or wait)
The first two seasons are, but Season 3 won't be on the service until after it completes its broadcast run... in like half-a-year (unless something changes).

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Both episodes were fantastic. Quack Pack really spoke to me for growing up with the original show, movie, and watching Goof Troop, lol

But I give the edge to Challenge of the Senior Junior Woodchucks. That was an excellent premiere. Violet's parents were a delightful surprise, and on the whole for both episodes, it was nice to get a couple of Huey-centric episodes.
Also I have such an appreciation that Marc Evan Jackson voices the chief antagonist of the season, just because of The Good Place ending not that long ago, and I've missed him in a villain role, lol

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The Quack Pack episode was kind of disappointing, but the payoff was kind of worth it. Yet somehow I feel like there's wasted potential.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
The end of Season 1 made it seem like Scrooge was inviting her to stay in his mansion if she pledged to help him beat Magica, and we assumed that offer still stood after she came back to the cast in the middle of Season 2 but apparently the showrunners thought it'd be better if she roomed with the Sabrewings instead, as revealed by Frank on his blog:

Image1.jpg

The first two seasons are, but Season 3 won't be on the service until after it completes its broadcast run... in like half-a-year (unless something changes).

That's cool. Glad to see that they managed to fit that lore into the third season. Quack Pack was a fun meta episode, I don't remember much from the original show though. Maybe it would be fun to watch a couple of the old episodes.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
OMFG so I was super curious as to who was voicing
Gene Baba (the genie)

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WAS
JALEEL WHITE
HOLY SHIT

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that a new episode premieres tomorrow morning @ 9:30AM:

Double-O-Duck in You Only Crash Twice!
(April 11, 2020)
EVRb9FQUcAEVy1G

A spy video game turns dangerously real as Launchpad and Dewey must stop F.O.W.L. Agent Steelbeak's plan to destroy Duckburg.

EVR7D7qWkAAt478

Promo art provided by animation director Jason Zurek:
ETp_bXFU4AAoHt-

Disney XD uploaded a small preview clip, kinda spoilerish as it reveals a little more than it lets on:

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. It's time.

They're coming.

(Also, unrelated to the clip, if everything is canon, I need a nod to Donald being in Kingdom Hearts. I will literally die happy.)

Oct 25, 2017
So are they gonna stick to squeaky mouse sounds when they come back or are they gonna get the Barksian modulator treatment?

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy Launchpad has his own archrival now, but this episode was such a tease.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Suspect they're going to stick with this approach. Otherwise, they could have easily teased a direction shift at the end with a Tressian "Golly!" exclamation from Gadget but it was not to be.
The tweet thread below has a bit to say in that regard, but also that it's a miracle they got to show up at all. A return appearance sounds pretty unlikely, unfortunately.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe my favourite episode yet! Fantastic writing and I agree with everyone praising "that thing" in the spoiler tags.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The tweet thread below has a bit to say in that regard, but also that it's a miracle they got to show up at all. A return appearance sounds pretty unlikely, unfortunately.

I dunno. Aren't they on the Season 3 poster? I'm not saying that guarantees them another appearance but 'you can never use that character again that but you can promote the he'll out of them at Comic Con' seems weird.

No love for Scrooge and Skeeball? Webby threatening the ticket booth guy with the pizza plate was great.

I liked it but the ending gag seemed too stupid. Like... it's not 'that' bad an exchange rate in real life.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason Disney now doesn't have the new episode up. Sounds like it was a good one though. Hopefully it will be put up later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.