• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wasn't Mickey in the poster for season 3?

nope

HUZeD4Y.jpg

(click to expand)

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
That feels like the most likely since he seemed like the least likely person to be back.

Which does raise the interesting point of... does that mean Donald gets to be in a role where he needs that voice?

Oh god. Don Cheadle. Thanos Survivor.

The Duck Avenger.

Now I'll be disappointed when it's not true.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

The context of the voice acting quote was in terms of an actor they thought they wouldn't get back. Chris Diamantopoulos is the current voice of Mickey and voiced 'Melon'... but he's already an established part of DuckTales since he also voices both Storkules and Darkwing, so I doubt Frank would say they wouldn't expect to be able to get him back.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh season 2 still isn't on Disney+ in Canada. Every glimpse of it I've seen looks great, and I'm getting tired of waiting, especially with season 3 premiering so soon.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The context of the voice acting quote was in terms of an actor they thought they wouldn't get back. Chris Diamantopoulos is the current voice of Mickey and voiced 'Melon'... but he's already an established part of DuckTales since he also voices both Storkules and Darkwing, so I doubt Frank would say they wouldn't expect to be able to get him back.

Yeah the chances of being either Chedale or Edgar Wright are pretty high

But we also had one of smaller people who are always working either on live action or dubbing, like BD Wong

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
How big is the gulf between people with just Disney Channel and both it and XD nowadays?
I wouldn't know where to find exact figures, but we're talking a difference of about several million households. And as cable subscription rates keep climbing, the DXD households will continue to steadily drop as more people (such as myself) downgrade to a cheaper tier of service.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't know where to find exact figures, but we're talking a difference of about several million households. And as cable subscription rates keep climbing, the DXD households will continue to steadily drop as more people (such as myself) downgrade to a cheaper tier of service.
Everyone who still has cable can watch new Ducktales online anyways so it's not actually a big deal.

Feb 8, 2020
Really looking forward to the new season. I can't wait to see everyone again. They've built up such a fun world with great characters.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm really curious to see if Goof Troop Goofy's cast is the same as in the 1990's series, or it's a post Extremely Goofy situation where Max and his friends finished college and Goofy is living a peaceful life in Spoonerville.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I wish they'd just drop weekly on Disney+ too. They are already doing that with their FX shows on Hulu if I'm not mistaken. Cut the cord in November of last year and waiting for ages will be a pain.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Melon Mickey was.

I'm really curious to see if Goof Troop Goofy's cast is the same as in the 1990's series, or it's a post Extremely Goofy situation where Max and his friends finished college and Goofy is living a peaceful life in Spoonerville.

I feel like we're just going to get Goofy for now. I'd imagine we'd have seen Max, Pete, PJ, etc if they were coming too (unless Pete is, like, a secret villain or something). I also swear Goofy was wearing his series outfit, so if the show is respecting Goof Troop canon, neither movie should have happened yet.

Assuming Goofy is Donald's age, it would also make sense Max would be younger maybe? If he's there.

I love that I just got to type out 'Goof Troop Canon.'

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Episode titles and descriptions for the first 3 episodes of Season 3 have been spotted on Google, looks to be a two episodes a week schedule unless the first week is just a 'back from hiatus double whammy'. EDIT: ah, this was known thanks to the press release... guess it'd just be single episodes after the first week.

Challenge of the Senior Junior Woodchucks
(April 4, 2020)
Huey races against Violet in a challenge to be named Senior Junior Woodchuck. Scrooge and the family search for a secret Woodchuck treasure.

Quack Pack!
(April 4, 2020)
The family is not quite itself as it soon discovers the planned family photo shoot might just be a part of a bigger wish gone wrong.

Double-O-Duck in You Only Crash Twice!
(April 11, 2020)
A spy video game turns dangerously real as Launchpad and Dewey must stop F.O.W.L. Agent Steelbeak's plan to destroy Duckburg.

EDIT:
The Lost Harp of Mervana!
(April 18, 2020)
The family joins a zen mermaid society to find a Missing Mystery, but Louie is convinced the seemingly innocent mermaids have a villainous agenda of their own.

Louie's Eleven!
(April 25, 2020)
Louie plans a break-in at a high-class party hosted by Duckburg's most popular tastemaker, Emma Glamour, so the Three Caballeros can play as Donald tries to get past the party's no-nonsense planner, Daisy Duck.

Astro B.O.Y.D.!
(May 2, 2020)
Gyro, Fenton and Huey take a malfunctioning B.O.Y.D. back to the lab where he was created in Japan, but as Huey bonds with the robot boy, a secret from Gyro's past threatens to destroy the city and Gizmoduck.

The Rumble for Ragnarok!
(May 9, 2020)
Dewey must embrace his inner heel to beat beloved Viking wrestling champ Jormungandr in a battle royale for the fate of the Earth.

EDIT: more episodes titles to be added as they're found, expect small updates every few days

I've also been reminded that today marks the 1-year anniversary of the airing of "Whatever Happened to Della Duck!?"

ESmYe80UMAASH2R.jpg

EDIT: this is gold, I wish it was used in the episode

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh I didn't realize that was him!
Also new season hype... but Pete had better show up!

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Was holding out some hope that Max would show up to hang with the nephews.

But latest promo featuring just Goofy really kinda drives the point home that for now they're just going to introduce him in here.

Though I wouldn't put it past this show to somehow tie in him and Donald dressed up in Kingdom Hearts gear for some more deep cuts.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Was holding out some hope that Max would show up to hang with the nephews.

But latest promo featuring just Goofy really kinda drives the point home that for now they're just going to introduce him in here.

Though I wouldn't put it past this show to somehow tie in him and Donald dressed up in Kingdom Hearts gear for some more deep cuts.

I just hope that Goofy isn't a cameo in the Quack Pack episode, or any of the other Disney Afternoon characters.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 finally hit D+ Canada earlier this week so I've finally been going through it.

Whatever Happened to Della Duck was so damn good.

Also I loved the Three Cabilleros episode, since I loved those classic cartoons, lol

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all, how the hell did I sleep on this show for so long?! I just wrapped up season two and geez. I'm so glad season 3 is kicking off so soon. Glomgold dancing at the funeral slayed me.

OP
OP
Choppasmith

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
man these are coming out early

also: humans in the Quack pack episode
795b789a04af7ebe91ef223720e0454627fb2625.gifv

94ed9c4768496a18d2c663446f643bf80a6a4c66.jpg

gonna be a wild ep

Wha? Looks like that one guy from Mulan, the short, raspy-voiced one. I have to wonder... The original Quack Pack was made because they wanted a new DuckTales/Goof Troop like show but the guy in charge hated the whole Barks/Rosa universe and INSISTED on there being human characters. I wonder if this episode will be like a proverbial middle finger to that.

Season 2 finally hit D+ Canada earlier this week so I've finally been going through it.

Whatever Happened to Della Duck was so damn good.

Also I loved the Three Cabilleros episode, since I loved those classic cartoons, lol

Definitely watch The Legend of the Three Caballeros if you can. It's a D+ exclusive gem that came out around the same time the new DT came out. Different team and style, but equally fun.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy this show is coming back right after Steven Universe ended and everything going on.

I needed this so bad.

... This isn't the final season right? Because I remember Disney ordering Season 3 before Season 2 premiered.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that Season 3 premieres tomorrow morning @ 9:30AM and 10AM ET/PT on Disney XD and DisneyNOW.

Challenge of the Senior Junior Woodchucks
(April 4, 2020)
EUZem9QXgAAFP_k.jpg

Huey races against Violet in a challenge to be named Senior Junior Woodchuck. Scrooge and the family search for a secret Woodchuck treasure.

Quack Pack!
(April 4, 2020)
EUnLvOKUYAAxS8X.jpg

The family is not quite itself as it soon discovers the planned family photo shoot might just be a part of a bigger wish gone wrong.

Promo art by animation director Matthew Humphreys:
EUs8yF2UEAAYLeJ.jpg

twitter.com

Matthew Humphreys on Twitter

“Saturday at 930 on DisneyXD catch the two episode season 3 premiere”

Oct 25, 2017
Quack Pack might just be my new favorite episode of the show so far. Hard to decide between it, Whatever Happened to Della Duck? and the Darkwing Duck episode IMO.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just started the premiere and nice to see Della in the opening credits.
Edit: Omg Violet's parents what a nice touch.

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
gritty reboot with Jet, Turbo and Rebel when

9474ef69b95ad111b774c6c882732daf97409a3b.jpg

Do these show up on Disney Plus after they air or do I need to find another way to watch them?
Rule of law with TV broadcasts going to D+ apparently is 'not until the season is over, and only after 30 or so days'. And even then they'll probably muck up the episode order anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.