• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I remember watching these as a 10-13 year old and enjoying them. Something tells me they'd be way better as an adult.

Is there any place that these are streaming?

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
No advice but just wanted to say that if you liked Dr Katz you might also like Home Movies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
"You know your gums are bleeding."

"Well...they weren't bleeding when I walked in here. I think you did that."

OP
OP
AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
For some reason they're all on youtube. No one seems to want to protect them. Yes, both shows.

And yet I've bought at least three Duckman box sets. I just like supporting that show.
I didn't think to even try YouTube. I just figured the forces that he wouldn't allow that.

Well great news! Let's talk more about the shows anyways!!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It's not streaming but you can get a full DVD set of Duckman for under $30 or so. I'm going to go back through it at some point.

OP
OP
AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I don't know why, but I forever have Richard Lewis's voice linked to Dr. Katz. I know he did a few episodes, but I just always remember him. I know a bunch of greats came on numerous times.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Loved both those shows. Dr. Katz is timeless improv, but I don't know how well Duckman has held up.

When it came to the comedians, most of the time Katz wasn't there. The comedians would often try to hard to match his calm demeanor and it would kill their sets! So Tom Snyder would try to invite attractive people to watch the recordings, believing that cute girls usually help comedians give it their all. It worked! But yes Ben and Katz shooting the shit was amazing.

Duckman holds up great! The character was always meant to be wrong BUT it was usually about the character learning and growing...which would all be undone by the next episode. Highly recommend it!

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Dr Katz was such awesome comfort food after school back in HS. I always remember an episode where his son was napping on the kitchen floor, a scenario that still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Dr Katz def holds up. The comedian bits are hit or miss depending on whos on them, but him and his son's stories are also great

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I... I didn't know this was a show.... I love Home Movies so I'm probably gonna have to binge this.