• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
That's because it's a different SKU, it isn't the PS4 version with a patch uppon it... Different game files, different save files, different trophy list and so on.

It would be cool if GOTY Edition or Season Pass owners received a code for free, but... 🤷‍♂️

I bet the same thing will happen with DMCV SE.

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
What's the point of owning a disc based console then if even the lead games on it aren't offered physically?

edit: nm, thought this was referring to the Miles game

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I never played it on PS4. It's the only game I'm remotely interested in at PS5 launch.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like most people buying a PS5 day one and buying the more expensive ultimate edition of Miles Morales probably already played Spider-man. Seems a bit weird to start again. It's not like it's an old game, it came out two years ago.

Having said that, Spider-Man rules so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or they never played it either. I recall how when TLOU remastered dropped 70% never even played it before. Which is wild.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
The saves part is a bit weird and ghetto. Although kind of weird why this even exists when you can play it using backward compatibility.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What's the point of owning a disc based console then if even the lead games on it aren't offered physically?
This is about 2018 Spider-Man not miles morales

you can still play a BC version of Spider-Man but i think you need a disc because it's not part of the digital collection they are doing for ps+ members?

idk the whole thing is a bit of a mess

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Ironically this just makes me sad that I bought the PS4 version digitally to begin with. If I had the disk I could at least recoup something when I buy the new version on PS5, which doesn't have a physical option at all.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
This is no different than any other remaster game released on Xbox One, PS4, and Switch.

I asume you can transfer saves to your backwards compatible game and play it there if you want.
I don't knock them for not including it, but it could have been done. FFX had cross-save between Vita, PS3, and PS4.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Would've bought the Ultimate if I could've transferred my save. Oh well, I'll just complete the PS4 version on PS5 instead.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I'm starting to fear that any update to Ghost or TLOU II will be a new release, one of my top reasons to buy a Ps5 is to replay TLOU II at 60 fps or whatever they change, and AFAIK we were lead to think that the updates would be free, but so far the only announced update is a 80€ deluxe pack, so I kind of fear they'll do the same with the other popular Ps4 games, not unlike what Nintedo does now with WiiU games.

Oct 27, 2017
The saves along with the no free upgrades means I will pass.

I was thinking of replaying the game on new game + but thought to wait for the PS5 to do so. Now I need not to wait.

I will get MM instead for my next gen spidey fix.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I never played it on PS4. It's the only game I'm remotely interested in at PS5 launch.

You are in for a treat then. Great game, including all the DLC expansions and graphically and performance-wise enhanced on PS5. I'm almost jealous you get to experience it first like that. ;)

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
you can indeed platinum it again, and there's actually a few brand-new trophies too
Oooooh boy! I'm guessing they're maybe related to those 3 new suits we heard are coming to the PS5 version?

"...With the upgrade, players can also anticipate three new suits, fresh features in photo mode, and some brand-new trophies."

I'm so excited to see these new suits and all the suits Miles can wear in his game too.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
QxQl1zi.gif

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This is about 2018 Spider-Man not miles morales

you can still play a BC version of Spider-Man but i think you need a disc because it's not part of the digital collection they are doing for ps+ members?

idk the whole thing is a bit of a mess
Having a disc or not won't matter. PS5 owners will be able to play their digital copy of PS4 Spider-Man. Confusion makes sense, Sony's communication has been embarrassing helping people understand what is going on.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah this sucks, I haven't played through the DLC in the original, so this would've been a nice chance for that, but I'm not playing through the whole game again, at least not to unlock everything all over again... I imagined this would be the case when they mentioned this would include a new trophy set though.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Just as expected with the save games...smh, is Sony doing a Nintendo lately?

i really don´t want to take all those pictures again, look for all those cats again and so on.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
If the difference in platform versions means there's a separate list of trophies for the PS5 version I kind of understand it. Otherwise... they're saying they "can't" convert a save file??

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
It's remastered on a new engine, so it makes sense? I do wonder if they will adapt the time trial sections with faster movement, those felt sluggish on PS4, I'd love for the movement to be a little faster, like at least 50% faster limit.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my crazy backlog jumping from game to game paying off.

I'm still so near the beginning of the game on PS4...this will be like me starting from the beginning.

I didn't expect saves to transfer over anyway when they said the PS4 version won't get a free upgrade.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Their product sold out in minutes. Very rough indeed. I can only imagine the pain they must feel right now.

They even had to apologize for the train wreck that it was. Add on top the false claims by Jimbo, the spider-man controversy and most likely loosing fallout, doom, elders scrolls, etc...

Yup, thats a rough week

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
If the difference in platform versions means there's a separate list of trophies for the PS5 version I kind of understand it. Otherwise... they're saying they "can't" convert a save file??
Games are sandboxed in the OS's now I think , they typically can't access other games' saves in order to protect them.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they really should have released something alongside them announcing that this Remaster existed to show why it's apparently big enough to not be an update for people who bought the original and to not allow saves to carry over.