• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo.

I haven't turned my ps4 on since Spider-Man came out, but wanted to fire it up last night to check out the ff7 demo.

I've got 2 controllers and both had the same issue. Plugging them in at the wall, or directly to the ps4, notta. Left them for hours. The best I could get was a brief blip of power while they remained plugged in and then they'd just disconnect right away.

Any ideas? Super frustrated since I have like 20 minutes once in a while to play games (new baby) and I wasted it troubleshooting this.

Gamesgbkiller

Oct 28, 2017
KSA
Did you perhaps charged them with a charger that has quick charging ? I've read that it causes most of the problems.

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
This happens to me all the time with dual shocks and I dont know why. I think it has something to do with the fact that I rarely play my consoles, but everytime i do turn it on the controllers just seem to be out of sync. What I do is unplug the power cable from the ps4, connect the controller directly to the console, then plug back in and power on. Seems to work.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
have you tried resetting them?

Press this button with a small pin for about 5 seconds.

pK4Ww1s.jpg

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Reset them using the button on the back then connect via USB and press the PlayStation button to pair it again.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
I have this issue occasionally -- it is my micro USB cable not making a solid connection to the controller. It feels loose and will only charge if it is plugged in "just right". Since I had this problem, other cables I have tried havent had an issue. Try another cable if you have one

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
They might need to reset since you said you haven't touched them since Spider-Man which was September 2018. So maybe chances are being left alone for that long either screwed the charge/batteries or they just need to be reset.

Also like others have said, try another cable as well.

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's almost certainly the cable. I had the same issue when I first bought my pro, just wasn't playing nice with the specific cable I was using.

Try a couple of different cables, it makes a difference apparently.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Did you turn the PS4 on through the controller and you said the PS4 recognized them when connected through the cable then disconnected?

Did you plug them into the wall to try and charge them first? Like someone else said, you may have killed them by doing this. It's probably just the cable though.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have this issue occasionally -- it is my micro USB cable not making a solid connection to the controller. It feels loose and will only charge if it is plugged in "just right". Since I had this problem, other cables I have tried havent had an issue. Try another cable if you have one
Yup I only have one cord that works consistently on the DS4

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
There might actually be an issue with the port, if a different cable doesn't work you might have to burn some money on one of those chargers that charge through the bottom. The design of the DS4 is lousy, if you lay it down flat while charging it places strain on the port.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I've had this issue, turned out my charging cable was the problem. Did you use the same cable for both controllers each time?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Try changing the cable. The DualShock 4's USB port is terrible, and cables which once worked with them, and continue to work with every other device, often stop working with the DS4.
I ended up having to buy the Sony charging dock since that uses the lower connector on the controller to charge rather than USB.
The only frustrating thing about that is its power supply is 5V 2A but it uses an awkward 90° barrel connector recessed into the base rather than USB to power the dock itself.

0ab64e55358e4439ba61efmjyo.jpg