• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok, first of all, english is not my native language.

This is my first topic here, but i really need your help so i feel the need to ask here.

I had 2 ps4 pro, i sold one last week, and the controller i have problem with i used with the one i sold, i have another dualshock so i can play but one of them suddenly stoped working, and i wonder if it could have something to do that i used it with the other ps4 that i sold.

When i plug in the controller to the usb it flashes orange once that nothing more, and i have tried like E V E R Y T H I N G, i have watched every tutorial on yt but nothing works, this is my newest control, its from holiday -17 i have one more but its older and that one works.

I have tried to reset it with the button on the back, even took out the battery, i have tried literally every tips i found one youtube, but absolutely nothing works.

Its not dirty, i have never dropped it etc, it just happened out of nowhere and i don't have a clue what to do, sure i can buy a new but it feels like its something that should go to fix!

I am very happy if someone actually have a solution.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
I feel like something similar happened to me. I think I ended up changing my charging cable? Maybe try that. Also consider connecting the charger to a different USB port.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I had this happening a few times with my Amateur PS4. Disconnect the console from electricity, reset the controller. Plug the console back in and then try to turn on it holding the PS button.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Blinking orange indicates your controller is charging and it immediately stopping indicates it is full. Most likely the USB cable(s) you are using are charge only, not data, making the controller not connect to the ps4.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Are you using the original USB cable? Some of my usb cables can't charge, others just transmit data. Those don't work well with my controllers.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I don't think that the USB cable needs a data connection.
I charge my PS4 controller per USB charger on a wall outlet while playing with the controller.

But i had with one USB cable connection problems, it wasn't able to charge the controller, so it is possible that the battery is empty and doesn't charge.
I would try a diffrent USB cable and maybe charging on an USB charger.

Maybe also try the reset function of the controller, you have to push something into the small hole of the back of the controller and connect him per USB to the PS4.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Yes, using original, tried others to, Keep all tips coming, will try everything. Sees like a fairly Common problem :/
Any chance there's a ton of dust/crap in the charge port and it's just not getting a good connection?

Also, have you tried putting your PS4 into safe mode and seeing if the controller works there?

NeoSabin

Aug 12, 2019
Blinking orange indicates your controller is charging and it immediately stopping indicates it is full. Most likely the USB cable(s) you are using are charge only, not data, making the controller not connect to the ps4.

I'd go with what NewDust said. I've have this issue and seen the results on Google. You need to make sure you have a USB cable capable of Power+Data. The cake you have may be frayed and no longer doing what it's supposed to.

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'd go with what NewDust said. I've have this issue and seen the results on Google. You need to make sure you have a USB cable capable of Power+Data. The cake you have may be frayed and no longer doing what it's supposed to.
Echoing this as well as it's fixed my problems many times.

Most cheap USB cables (or damaged ones) only provide ground and 5v, which is awful.

NeoSabin

Aug 12, 2019
To add, if you do get a new USB monoprice has cheap but good USBs but the wait time on my delivery was about 4 business days over the expected delivery. YMMV

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
If you find something like this near you or online you can charge from the bottom headphone jack thing of the controller. This will bypass the usb cable/port issue.

Amazon.com: Y Team PS4 Controller Charger, Dual USB PS4 Controller Charging Station for Sony Playstation 4/ PS4/ Slim/ PS4 Pro Charging Dock Stand Station: Electronics

Amazon.com: Y Team PS4 Controller Charger, Dual USB PS4 Controller Charging Station for Sony Playstation 4/ PS4/ Slim/ PS4 Pro Charging Dock Stand Station: Electronics

OP
OP
leverpastej

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dont know if this is some progress but if i turn ps4 to safemode, then use My controller that works, plug it in to the cable, then unplug it and plug in the ds that dont work, well then it works!!! Buts just in safemode, otherwise its the same thing.

Should i try to rebuild database, seems like it has nothing to do with that, i dont think the bluetooth is broken either, this is the kind of strange things that happends now and then, and i really like to solve things like this, its like a competition, i have to win!

But right now it feels like i am going to loose this One :/

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried resetting the controller while it's plugged in?
how-to-reset-ps4-controller-4174025-3cf04986aa0e4c3f99a54264ffed7199.png

That usually works when I get this issue like once a year.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I had this issue with one of my PS4 controllers. Was never able to fix it.