• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

Has anyone gone in-depth on how good the controller is on a PC? What works and what doesn't? Looks pretty great here.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am going to pick this up for PC based on your all's impressions. Does it at least have standard rumble features on PC or no? (I know it doesn't do haptic, but I like the feedback on CoD/RL).
I don't play with rumble on at all, but I tried turning it on in Rocket League and didn't really feel anything so not sure if it's working yet (until we get actual drivers instead of the generic ones). The controller works well, but I don't really get any rumble at all even at the highest intensity. I feel a super faint rumble when going through the menus so I guess it's working, but just because it's a weird haptic setup in the contorller I'm not sure how well it'll work straight out of the box right now for that at least. I could just be missing some configuration or something since like I said I never really use rumble at all on PC at least. (looked like it was on in steam and RL though at least).

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'm so hyped for one of these, but I think I'll wait until Steam has full support for them first.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Might already have been mentioned here, but I tried out bluetooth now and it works pretty flawlessly as well. (Still generic controller in windows of course). You just hold the PS button and the left 'Share' button and the touchpad light will start blinking. Then add it as a bluetooth device ('wireless controller') and it seems to be working fine in Rocket League at least.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They should use the haptics to help you aim in shooters, like whenever your cursor makes contact with a target the controller gives you a slight click

it would just be some nice feedback from aiming

and the trigger could push back when your out of ammo

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play with rumble on at all, but I tried turning it on in Rocket League and didn't really feel anything so not sure if it's working yet (until we get actual drivers instead of the generic ones). The controller works well, but I don't really get any rumble at all even at the highest intensity. I feel a super faint rumble when going through the menus so I guess it's working, but just because it's a weird haptic setup in the contorller I'm not sure how well it'll work straight out of the box right now for that at least. I could just be missing some configuration or something since like I said I never really use rumble at all on PC at least. (looked like it was on in steam and RL though at least).

Rumble in Rocket League is broken even with a DS4 unless you use XInput fallback mode so it doesn't surprise me that it didn't work. I would test it with other games.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Just got it

It feel so amazing in hands, can't wait to try it on astroroom, i'll not kill my hype to put it on my PC. anaway i don't have the cable :).

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Might already have been mentioned here, but I tried out bluetooth now and it works pretty flawlessly as well. (Still generic controller in windows of course). You just hold the PS button and the left 'Share' button and the touchpad light will start blinking. Then add it as a bluetooth device ('wireless controller') and it seems to be working fine in Rocket League at least.
thx for this. I plan on using this on pc as my two other ds4s are experiencing analog stick issues rn (drift, and jittery movement)

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Works great over Bluetooth for me in Genshin Impact. Love the relatively high tension in the sticks.

fadeawayjae

May 31, 2019
I'm having trouble using PS Now with my DualSense it says it is not a supported controller. Anybody have luck having it work on PC/Laptop?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
They should use the haptics to help you aim in shooters, like whenever your cursor makes contact with a target the controller gives you a slight click

it would just be some nice feedback from aiming

and the trigger could push back when your out of ammo

Feedback for when the cursor reaches the target sounds weird - unless it's a lock-on weapon, why should you get feedback for aming? That plus aim assist and you wouldn't even need to look at the screen lol.
But some kind of feedback to tell you you're out of optimal range (like the ranged weapons in MHW) could be cool. And yes, the trigger has so much potential!

And I hope gyro aiming gets more traction alongside that.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feedback for when the cursor reaches the target sounds weird - unless it's a lock-on weapon, why should you get feedback for aming? That plus aim assist and you wouldn't even need to look at the screen lol.
But some kind of feedback to tell you you're out of optimal range (like the ranged weapons in MHW) could be cool. And yes, the trigger has so much potential!

And I hope gyro aiming gets more traction alongside that.
I would like to feel a click when my cursor makes contact just sounds good to me

give me a sticky cursor with gyro aiming and haptic clicks, I want controller to be better than mouse

Last edited:

yencid

Oct 27, 2017
asked some people on twitter and seems like it might work on a title by title base for pc?

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
This is what I found. Didn't work for MW and I had to set it up with Steam to use it in RL but it had no rumble.

I also don't like how little feedback I feel I get from the buttons.
Most games nowadays on Windows require Xinput rather than DirectInput for native controller support. Since the DS5 (like the DS4) is DirectInput, I wouldn't expect it to work (unless the game is coded to recognize the DS4 specifically).

That being said, I was able to set it up as a generic controller in Steam. The touchpad and haptics don't work, but otherwise it plays fantastic.

yencid

Oct 27, 2017
Most games nowadays on Windows require Xinput rather than DirectInput for native controller support. Since the DS5 (like the DS4) is DirectInput, I wouldn't expect it to work (unless the game is coded to recognize the DS4 specifically).

That being said, I was able to set it up as a generic controller in Steam. The touchpad and haptics don't work, but otherwise it plays fantastic.
so in theory an app like x360ce should work with it right?

Diagol

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, exact same here. The controller feels fantastic though I gotta say. I was playing some Final Fantast IX and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and it felt great.

I also briefly tried Curse of the Moon 2 and the D-pad is also quite nice.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
All the stuff I have seen about the Dualsense makes me incredibly excited for it. It might actually be one of the things that's going to give me that next gen feel.

The only thing I would like to know now is how good the built in microphone is. Do you guys think it might actually be good enough to use for voice chat? I got some pretty good headphones that I could use if I don't need to worry about a mic.

Edit: missed the threadmark. Going to listen to it now.

Edit 2: So just listened to it and the mic actually sounds pretty clear. That said I don't think it's really an option to use it for voice chat when playing a multiplayer game because you can really hear those button clicks. Guess it could be an option of you are playing a slower paced game.

Last edited:

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Does clicking the touchpad work as the select button at least or are you using the create button as select instead?

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Controller feels kinda weird on an initial impression. Mainly the grips, they're more angular and less round than DS4 that my palms feel kinda naked.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
*based on what we can say right now*

The DualSense is a fucking game changer. I cannot *WAIT* to see the reactions of people when it gets into their hands. The feel of Astro running across sand feels markedly different to walking across metal, which feels different to walking across wood. Then the triggers. Holy shit. Having the triggers go from "pretty flappy" to legitimately difficult to press down immediately is... Yeah. It's mindblowing. I can't wait to try this out on more games.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

The DualSense is a fucking game changer. I cannot *WAIT* to see the reactions of people when it gets into their hands. The feel of Astro running across sand feels markedly different to walking across metal, which feels different to walking across wood. Then the triggers. Holy shit. Having the triggers go from "pretty flappy" to legitimately difficult to press down immediately is... Yeah. It's mindblowing. I can't wait to try this out on more games.
The bolded is code for "I played other games with it and it is truly mind blowing" ;-)

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

Fuuuuckk I cannot wait to try this for myself

imagine if this had come out in a year where we could go experience it ourselves

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

tenor.gif