• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The Collector's Club did some really weird repaints. They had a limited selection of molds to use at a time, so they just kind of made do with what they had. Sometimes they were good, and other times you had to wonder why they just didn't go with a different idea.

Timelinestoy-Transmutate.jpg

I don't miss that club, and I'm glad Hasbro took the license back from them.
Alot of them was so derivative. Like their Rattrap clone

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What if its primitive proto humans that Dinobot is valiantly defending to his dying breath against all the Predacon's by his lonesome.

Man fuck me if Dinobot's death isn't one of those moments childhood remembers me as being the most bad ass thing ever. Dude knew he was gonna die thanks to his future already being written and instead of running from it he dives in head on to save an entire species from extinction that he would never even meet. Then he goes out quoting Shakespeare? Dinobot was the baddest fucking dude.

It would be great if they were to follow the actual story but you know damn well they'll make it more about the primitive proto humans kicking ass than anything else.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
378.gif

FINALLY!! It's the only version of transformers that I grew up with. Loved my optimus primal action figure. Here's hoping for a reprint!

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
This won't work as Beast Wars with humans and it won't work as a Transformers movie without humans 😖

Also the id2 script writer writing this doesn't inspire confidence.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
This won't work as Beast Wars with humans and it won't work as a Transformers movie without humans 😖

Also the id2 script writer writing this doesn't inspire confidence.

I can picture it now. A Zookeeper at the San Diego forms a bond with a Gorilla and when the Zoo comes under attack the Gorilla saves him, transforming into Optimus Primal. Suddenly multiple animals come to his side transforming as well.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Please don't set Beast Wars in the modern era...

It will be set in modern era and have humans adopting Maximals and Predicons from a Bernie Mac like petstore clerk.

Or be a film from the perspective of cave men, like that flop 10,000 BC.

You know it will

Oct 27, 2017
What if its primitive proto humans that Dinobot is valiantly defending to his dying breath against all the Predacon's by his lonesome.

Man fuck me if Dinobot's death isn't one of those moments childhood remembers me as being the most bad ass thing ever. Dude knew he was gonna die thanks to his future already being written and instead of running from it he dives in head on to save an entire species from extinction that he would never even meet. Then he goes out quoting Shakespeare? Dinobot was the baddest fucking dude.

Well that's the thing, all the time travel stuff had made Dinobot fear that freewill didn't exist. That any choice he made was only fate. He even contemplated suicide as an escape to predestination, only to wonder if even that was fate. It's only when he sees Megatron destroy a mountain that's pictured on the Golden Disc, and the image of it get altered the he realizes free will still exists, only to immediately be put in a situation where he feels he has no choice.

Dinobot said:
The question that has haunted my being has been answered: The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet, how ironic, for I now find I have no choice at all! I am a warrior... let the battle be joined.

Of course he does have a choice, but it shows how much his character has grown that he doesn't hesitate to save whom he would have once hated.

It's heavy stuff for a kids cartoon made to sell toys.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Enjoyed Bumblebee quite a bit. Hope the follow up has just as much humor and heart.

I was pumped on the Beast Wars news until I saw it's the writer of Independence Day: Resurgence and the Amazing Spider-Man movies. But then he apparently also worked on Zodiac's script? Man what the fuck lol.

I watched Fincher's The Game for the first time last night. Was curious who wrote it. It's from the same guy that did Catwoman, Terminator 3 and Salvation, and The Net.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Day fucking 1 for Beast Wars. Bonus points if they can get Optimus Prime AND Optimus Primal in the same movie

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
One from the writer of Independance Day Resurgance which bombed hard and the other from King Arthur Legend Of Sword which also bombed hard ---- both critically and financially.

I'm not sure who is in charge of this hiring decision at Paramount, but they might want to check him/her for corporate sabotage.

I was pumped on the Beast Wars news until I saw it's the writer of Independence Day: Resurgence and the Amazing Spider-Man movies. But then he apparently also worked on Zodiac's script? Man what the fuck lol.

Screenwriting is an inconsistent racket.

Look up almost any screenwriter's output and most seem very inconsistent unless they also direct (ala Tarantino, Wes Anderson, etc.). And it's because scripts get processed through a grueling grind of casting, directing, etc. And sometimes you take jobs because they pay.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
e46c468228c163bb686a9fc1a4e36242.jpg

Hopefully they stay faithful to the original colors of the characters as well as the animals they disguise as. Skip the transmetal rubbish and don't make the beast forms a blend of animal and cybernetic parts showing through. Might be difficult with Predacons based on insects or Maximals based on small creatures like rodents.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Seriously people, this is a monkey's paw wish (to pardon the pun). They're not making a fully CGI Transformers film for mass market, so it's gonna be just another film focusing on humans in the modern day, and the beastformers will be glorified CGI extras as usual.

Frankly, unless they get Travis Knight back as their equivalent of Kevin Feige, nobody should trust Paramount NOT to fuck this up. But Travis is clearly too committed to Laika Animation to take that job, and I don't blame him for that. I'm just happy we finally got a Transformers film that didn't suck, before the franchise inevitably goes to shit again.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Get Gary Chalk and (especially) David Kaye back or there's no point to any of this.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenwriting is an inconsistent racket.

Look up almost any screenwriter's output and most seem very inconsistent unless they also direct (ala Tarantino, Wes Anderson, etc.). And it's because scripts get processed through a grueling grind of casting, directing, etc. And sometimes you take jobs because they pay.

Its rare you see a script make it all the way to and through production without any changes. Hell some movies don't even start filming with a finished script if they're really playing things fast and loose as they go. Then again when you do see a film that had a script go mostly unchanged its usually a classic. I believe David S Ward's script was generally taken as is by cast and crew and remained pretty much unaltered. The Sting is a fucking ace of a film on every front though so I can see why they left it alone.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Beast Wars being really good. But I was a kid so who knows if it really was. But that's enough to make me interested in this.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Considering what Beast Wars is relative to the Transformers universe I wonder if it will be the future setting of Bayverse.

Regardless of that question I am worried about how they will handle their "organic" transformations.

The original series got away with using mediocre but uniform cgi design. That won't fly with realistic settings and thus they'll have to craft a story that plausibly integrates their ability to look like real animals when transformed.