• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Jim Ryan's response:
tenor.png

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Last thread was funny because Nintendo did the exact same thing and barely anyone cared. Meanwhile, a rumor from a random twitter account and people are up in arms about bad Sony.

This's why I don't care about most of the reactions in here since a lot of it is driven by fanboy nonsense.

Part of me thinks that AsterisksAmpersand will quietly delete their Twitter account to avoid the incoming heat that they're about to be hit with, but I'm cynical enough to think that they will use this as a opportunity to more loudly self-advertise as the biggest source for MH data mining breaks. Pretty reckless behavior for the sake of e-cred, to put it mildly .

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
I can almost bet this topic won't get half the posts when compared with the topic that said otherwise with barely any source attached to it.
Yep, what's even more interesting is the fact we have unquestionable evidence that Nintendo paid $6 million for timed exclusivity (meaning to delay the PC version), and no outrage whatsoever around here, but what about a fake anti-Sony nonsense? Over a dozen page of drama right away!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So, there was entire thread of outrage against Sony based on an unsubstantiated rumor that turned out to be false? 🤔

Wow, how surprising.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I remember last night I saw that image outside of era and I thought "how did people come to any of these conclusions from this?" But I was so tired that I didn't even bother looking into it further. Turns out it was as much of a nonsense as half asleep me thought it was.
In general it has just become too easy to generate misinformation lately on anyone, it sucks.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
So Apparently Sony DID NOT Pay for Monster Hunter Worlds time exclusivity & blocked crossplay and people shouldnt just trust a random twitter person without evidence? I am shocked!
Right? I mean people never lie or get information wrong on the internet! The knee jerk reaction to a rumour is the most sensible response at all times.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I'll eat my jackdaw. Delaying PC version but not Xbox makes little sense.

Now someone start the "we need crosasplay for Monster Hunter" petition xD

Jul 1, 2020
I genuinely don't understand how anyone could believe that Sony would pay to keep a game off PC and not Xbox when like 90% of Sony's current timed exclusives are still releasing on PC day 1.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
When you pay for timed exclusivity, you're essentially paying for and buying the studio extra development time for all versions of the game. Eg they have an extra year or whatever to polish up the other version that's releasing later, and simultaneously extra manpower to work on content/polish for the game in general for the version that's releasing sooner.

Paying to delay a game is different in that the devs were already working on all versions of the game simultaneously, and all versions were ready simultaneously too. So the moneyhat had has no real development benefit to any version of the game, it's just an artificial delay.

Yeah, I wasn't actually looking for a definition and maybe my post come across as genuinely seeking an answer. One is clearly worse than the other and would definitely fall into the malicious category versus the other just being a bit frustrating. It's just that I wouldn't be altogether surprised to learn it considering the aggressive actions used in the market to secure some form of exclusivity. Although delaying the PC port specifically would be really odd because unless I'm not remembering correctly, MHW launched on Xbox day one which Sony would have more reason to target.

Anyways, it's irrelevant because the latest update says they were full of shit.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
So bitch was in fact NOT eating crackers! Who could have thought so

I went into that thread yesterday to discuss the news but saw how people were acting and noped the fuck out. So much anger and drama for nothing. Can't wait for this thread to also explode into many many pages..any minute now

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I remember last night I saw that image outside of era and I thought "how did people come to any of these conclusions from this?" But I was so tired that I didn't even bother looking into it further. Turns out it was as much of a nonsense as half asleep me thought it was.
In general it has just become too easy to generate misinformation lately on anyone, it sucks.
The more salacious or provocative the claim the easier it is to go viral, on top of some truth sprinkled in where in the case yes there was a marketing deal, but the details of the deal were nothing but bog standard stuff.
Right? I mean people never lie or get information wrong on the internet! The knee jerk reaction to a rumour is the most sensible response at all times.
Right. I don't react to anything that's salacious or just seems to fit some weird narrative without evidence and/or a pattern of it rearing it's head. Just way too easy to get stuff wrong without corroborated sources.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
It was funny how people made up a reason and anyone saying it still seemed weird was told, "read the thread", "we already know why", etc.

Anyway, it happens. That's just the internet.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun looking back at that other thread lol. It reminds me of the thread when people doubted monster hunter world would be a mega seller. Gosh that thread is GOLD.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
looking at the era thread that this uses as a source nintendo only paid for the announcement delay and not the game delay?
Am I missing something?

... Why not just read the actual source instead of Era?

Edit: lol nvm see their source IS Era

Oct 25, 2017
The people that believe everything a random twitter user says so passionately are the same people being tricked by Facebook fake news stuff and no one can change my mind about that.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I am sure everyone that jumped the gun will have learned their lesson.

Ah who am I kidding, onto the next rumor thread.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I also replied on the first page here how I'm glad it was wrong. What's the issue? I wasn't in that tread responding a dozen times. Sony blocking crossplay was not unheard of back when that contract was being drawn out so it seemed plausible and I reacted to that cause I have been wanting crossplay in world form the onset.

Status
Not open for further replies.