• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
So Apparently Sony DID NOT Pay for Monster Hunter Worlds time exclusivity & blocked crossplay and people shouldnt just trust a random twitter person without evidence? I am shocked!

Too late, every other poster in that thread got out there "Fuck Sony" without caring about any type of validity. You know cause Jim Ryan, or "narrative," or whatever such shit.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope Capcom noticed how much wanted is crossplay and cross-progression to this series. I really want double dip at launch for PC Rise.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all seem like you want an apology for people reacting yesterday. Sony is not a person I promise their feelings weren't hurt.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Where is the wall of text from crow being served? I get that these types of moves piss people off but cmon, lots of you need to cool it with the pitch forks.

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
To be fair the last thread was marked as a rumor? I posted in it with complete knowledge it was potentially inaccurate, as things translated from Japanese by non-native speakers tend to be.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo payed for the timed exclusivity of Rise (so the PC delay) while Sony for marketing Deal

I thought what they paid for was to withhold that a PC version was coming for a time (so people didn't just wait for PC) as the Switch version was developed first and the PC version started afterwards because that's how Capcom chose on their own to do it, rather than them planning to do both at the same time until they were paid not to make the PC version.

May 17, 2018
Mentioned this in the other thread but I am genuinely shocked at how so many people here just straight up believed it even though it was literally verifiably untrue by simply looking at when the PC version was announced (day 1).

Like, immediately part of the post was obviously false, but, that evidently didn't matter. It was wild to watch that thread.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That thread was pretty nasty yesterday and this should serve as a valuable lesson.

I don't think some of those people want to learn a lesson, they just want a reason to bash a corporation they don't like or that isn't their favourite.

In that thread whilst I did give the Twitter user the benefit of the doubt (I'm not sure why), I also asked for a transcript or link to a source for the actual information, and not one person responded.

We shouldn't have threads like that permitted without at least a credible source (or a source that's verified), or part of the document, meeting minutes etc. It was literally just some random person's tweet.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Man, people got super defensive when anyone asked for the sources even going as far as calling those folks fanboys for not believing the tweet. What happened, jeez.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
tenor.gif

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference between paying for a delay, and paying for timed exclusivity? One sounds malicious and the other is just standard practice. I'm not saying the person spreading this isn't an idiot or the people in the other thread don't look silly or anything. I'm just not surprised about behind the scenes deals because while it sucks, it's the nature of the beast.

Also, not jumping on some "poor Sony" nonsense but there are a lot of people super eager to pounce given the chance.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Good. It didn't make a lot of sense overall aside from the PC resurgence in the Asian Market(excludiing JP) so it was even more shitty if it were true especially for a 3rd party title so no wonder if it was surprising... but lets not get carried away and forget all the 'why its so surprising? Its a monster hunter title, so you should expect any sort of exclusivity at least' posts.

Also I really don't care if i talked negatively about any billion dollar company cause its not like it hurt them or anything like that. If some of ya'll are really hurt by some people possibly affected by this saying negative shit about your favourite company/brand, then maybe some of you shouldn't take it to heart. Its not like these comments were direct at you. But if some of ya'll wanna still act like that then be my guest.

But anyways iam glad it didn't turn out to be true.. it would've been pretty shitty of Sony in hindsight to do this for a 3rd party title.. not like they still don't do this aka FF16..

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That thread was pretty nasty yesterday and this should serve as a valuable lesson.

The reason stories like that, on either side, gain any traction has zero to do with their credibility and entirely everything to do with whether they validate a person's feelings toward one of these companies. You can have the least credible, flimsiest of "rumors" and people here will believe it and run with it if its something they so badly want to be true. Rinse and repeat.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Some of y'all seem like you want an apology for people reacting yesterday. Sony is not a person I promise their feelings weren't hurt.

Why is this always the fallback when people get called on their overreactions? "Urrrr its just a corporation" as if people weren't being nasty to other people in that thread looking for clarification or objective reasoning?

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
It made no sense from the beginning. Pay for time exclusivity but still have the Xbox version release at the same time??

The Era bubbles weird obsession with Sony being Evil Overloads these last few months is really really odd

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I dared not venture into that last thread because I knew it would be a toxic wasteland but the title didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
User warned: Antagonizing other members

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Also, not jumping on some "poor Sony" nonsense but there are a lot of people super eager to pounce given the chance.

The beginning of this gen has been such a headache seeing this sort of stuff from all sides (yes I know its nothing new). It's frustrating as someone that just wants to play good games on whichever platform they might be available on. This whole "another point for my bff big corporate toy maker" mentality will never not be embarrassing, particularly with jumping-the-gun stuff like what happened in the other thread.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
So it's really just an unfounded rumour. I asked on the last thread but people seem to just assume it's true lol

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
How many burned their PS4/cancelled their PS5 preorders/got a refund for Best of PlayStation Network after the initial rumour?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's the difference between paying for a delay, and paying for timed exclusivity? One sounds malicious and the other is just standard practice. I'm not saying the person spreading this isn't an idiot or the people in the other thread don't look silly or anything. I'm just not surprised about behind the scenes deals because while it sucks, it's the nature of the beast.

When you pay for timed exclusivity, you're essentially paying for and buying the studio extra development time for all versions of the game. Eg they have an extra year or whatever to polish up the other version that's releasing later, and simultaneously extra manpower to work on content/polish for the game in general for the version that's releasing sooner.

Paying to delay a game is different in that the devs were already working on all versions of the game simultaneously, and all versions were ready simultaneously too. So the moneyhat had has no real development benefit to any version of the game, it's just an artificial delay.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
As I said yesterday, it made absolutely no sense and I'm glad to see that everyone was completely reasonable in their assessment of the situation too.

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
As we have seen, Sony doesn't buy timed exclusives, they passionately support cross-play, cross-saves and cross-progression so this rumor was very questionable to begin with.

#fortheplayers

Status
Not open for further replies.