• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Childish Gambino sampled Aquatic Ambience for this. It has some cheesy, older Gambino-isms, but I enjoyed it.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mario.

Samples DOOM playing Doom in the background.

There's probably a lot more I've totally forgotten about.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the based god and kero kero have already been posted so imma post this. It samples one of the songs off Hotline Miami.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017

That's actually the offical Zangief Theme remix for SF2 HD, but they obviously removed the lyrics for the game.
It's fucking dope.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure someone else can come up with a more comprehensive list but there's a weird number of songs that all sample Yoshi:

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lil Flip's "Game Over" samples from Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, and Mortal Kombat 2 Audio Tour. The song peaked at #15 on the Bilboard Hot 100 in 2004.

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This German rap song is about how, according to the artist, video games are better than sex. It's NSFW because of all the moaning, but it uses a plethora of video game samples and has a pretty sick beat. It's also quite funny if you understand German.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
This song sounds like it's made entirely out of video game samples lol
Probably one of my favorite songs.

At about a minute in it goes hard on the samples haha

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly the beat for the Lil Wayne track She Will (which another rapper has a similar beat to from 2011) sampled Sword and Sworcery on iOS (March 24, 2011 ).