• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Special shout out to actually making the replays look good. This and GT are the only racing games with great replays. Forza needs to catch up

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks incredible in GIFs and low res/compressed videos, but even though it still looks very good, it's much less flattering when you play it on your own console and display. I bought it last year and there's plenty of aliasing and in general other imperfections which are hidden by non-native or compressed footage. The 30fps also hurts it a lot.

Exactly. Also, the most impressive GIFs are on rain, on sunny weather it doesn't look too hot (no pun intended).

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I was thinking about how much I'd love to play this on PS5 the other day when scrolling through my library. Such a waste

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
OP
OP
Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So I lucked out and have Driveclub downloaded on my PS5. Is there a way I can download all my add ons? It shows purchased but no way to get it back? Am I screwed and can play the base game?

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
So I lucked out and have Driveclub downloaded on my PS5. Is there a way I can download all my add ons? It shows purchased but no way to get it back? Am I screwed and can play the base game?
If you have any addons, they should be included in your regular download. I played the game recently on my PS5 (have the base game + season pass on my account), and I could play DLC races without any issues.

OP
OP
Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
If you have any addons, they should be included in your regular download. I played the game recently on my PS5 (have the base game + season pass on my account), and I could play DLC races without any issues.
So when I go to add ons it says purchased greyed out like the Sakura tour pack but that's it nothing further I can do.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Sony would be wise to hire someone to go back in and give this a 4K 60fps patch, this forum would go nuts over it. I tried this game recently and was just nuts how impressive the visuals still are with weather effects on. I would kill for a ps5 patch for this and the vr edition - though it's a long shot cause they don't even sell it anymore.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
On PS4 yes, it looks better than GTS imo.
There are elements that look better definitely, like the weather and the trackside geometry. GTS' car models and realistic lighting model are in a league of their own though and the image quality is way better in GTS, in addition to the 60fps. They're chasing different priorities ultimately, but god, DC at with a 1080p60 or 4K30 option would be amazing 😑 I doubt they could get it running at 4K60.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
This game. Every 2 or 3 month, I reinstall it, and just do all the point to points tracks in time attack, without HUD. No care for braking records or anything. Just enjoying the car physics, the sense of speed, the graphics. That's what differentiate a stellar game from the rest. Just MOVING without any objective is worth coming back to it years later. No doubt I'll still be doing that on PS5 for years until there's a worthy successor. I would sacrifice most AAA games just to have ONE new environnement to race in.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
This is just a PS4 game running in back-compat mode. What's the big deal? DriveClub was known to look great back in 2014 when it released and PS5 didn't change that...

OP
OP
Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god when you go over the bricks on the road the PS5 controller even does that feeling differently!! Thus controller is amazing

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
On PS4 yes, it looks better than GTS imo.
60366953-4-E31-4-DF6-8-AEA-EF135-DFFE8-CA.jpg

7348-CFF9-C756-435-F-B7-C9-43-CB33150206.jpg

D4168186-B35-E-46-BA-A2-BF-D4-E3804374-D1.jpg

AD75157-F-36-DF-451-E-A764-04-EDBB7-C8825.jpg

B133892-B-0029-4-DA7-9783-EEAD66950401.jpg

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
real shame this game never got a PS4 Pro patch. also sucks that a lot of people thought the game sucked at launch when it played and looked great it was just online stuff was kinda borked for a lil bit.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt most of the dev of driveclub worked on dirt 5? Been meaning to check out that game. The thirst for next gen racing game is real

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Unsure what some super sampled photomode shots are supposed to prove.

In motion DC is a looker at every time of day (which is dynamic) with incredible weather effects, great looking vehicles, damage modelling, satisfying car sounds and fantastic track side detail and geometry, all of it w/o Pro support.

GTS is heavily track focused with incredible looking cars with perhaps one of the best lighting & shader models in the industry. Add to that the great rain effects that were added later as well as embodying a more sim like driving physics that is unfortunately bereft of collision modelling. And GTS has, bar none on any platform, the best replay suite and camera angles. On the flipside, the car LoD management is visibly aggressive.

Point is, both titles have their strengths but GT always felt more sterile, more clinical compared to DC and there are obvious fidelity related benefits when dealing with a frame time budget of 33.33ms compared to 16.67 ms of GTS.

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Yea this game looked incredible and still does. It also plays great because it isn't a 100% sim nor is it totally arcade like. It's a perfect mix. I regret not getting the motorcycle dlc because it seems like it's no longer possible to get that :/

Deleted member 28307

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah thats exactly the same as base ps4, and you didnt even turn off camera shake (which alot of people used to confuse as stuttering framerate)

OP
OP
Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
In most racing games you have to drive manual to go faster, is it the same with Driveclub? Most cars rev high, can I just keep it in AT and focus on cornering?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
To be honest, every game looks great when it's raining and dark. It's why 95% of all AAA games have a level that starts like that

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
It looked fantastic then and it looks great now. Also one of the few racing games where speed genuinely felt scary at times. I've never had that sensation in GT Sport.