• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if you can put them away, day after drinking is terrible in your thirties. There are worse hangovers but it's definitely something i avoid. Lightweights are okay but I put down about 10 before I'm properly fucked and the next day is a nightmare

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I really don't know how i could drink as much as i did in my teens and early twenties. After a couple of really really really bad hangovers on my 30s I almost stopped drinking altogether. Now I only have beers here and there but no more than 4 or so.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm 36. I drink quite a bit, but I'm very careful about what I drink. Low calorie alcohol like shochu or highballs. No sugar.

I drink plenty and don't get hangovers. I'm able to perform at work the next day. *shrug*

Altrich

Apr 5, 2018
Got shitfaced two days ago and a friend told me I threw up in the woman toilet at a 24 hours Chinese food place and passed out on a chair.
Woke up the next day at our hotel room and feel ok, I even went for a run in the afternoon.

At least for me, as long as I dont do mixed drinks and keep having water between drinks things should be fine the next day..

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
But that doesnt make any sense. Body still needs water, science says human's body contains 80 percents water. If you are stranded on a isolated island, you will be quicker to die if your body is lack of water than of food

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trick is to make sure you have a full glass of water between each drink. It was just a guideline before, but it's absolutely required in your 30's. At least for me. If I do that I don't get hangovers.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm 30 and haven't felt the need or desire to get piss drunk in many years. That shit got old by my early 20s.

I still enjoy a recreation drink or two occasionally though.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Drinking responsibly isn't difficult. You need to alter your drinking habits as you age and your body changes.It's really not that difficult to not get a hangover. Make sure you're well fed and drink plenty of water while out drinking.

if you're getting a hangover pretty much every time you drink now, then you're seriously fucking up.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
know your limit, and hydrate a lot.

Drinking is very fun if you know how to do it properly.

Last edited:

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
hangovers have always been horrible for me. It's the same shit now as it was 10 years ago.

Weed is far better than alcohol

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You're not supposed to get wasted like a teenager at that age anymore. Get a good buzz going but don't overdo it. Eat a bit and stay hydrated. I pretty much never drink more than 5 or 6 beers at most and don't get a hangover whatsoever.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I rarely get bad hangovers. I do try to limit myself, though. Mostly because I have a tendency to lose my memories the next day whenever I have more than a few drinks. It sucks knowing that I was having fun with friends, and not being able to remember much of it.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
about a week ago, a bunch of us went to an sf giants day game. i had a few drinks in the morning, but by 1pm i had a huge headache. also didn't help that it was hot as fuck. :(

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I don't know if anyone else has this experience, but my hangovers are so bad these days after a night of getting drunk that it just completely ruins the next day entirely for me. Used to be when I was younger, as long as I drank some water between drinks the night before and then woke up and had a Gatorade or Pedialyte or something I would be fixed up and good to go.

These days though, I'm just completely shot with no energy for basically the whole day. The worst part is that it's just like an explosion of just like the worst anxiety and some pretty strong depression for the whole day too where everything just feels awful, I'm stressed out and worried about everything and I just feel at least mildly detached and depersonalized. Just really awful stuff.

I don't know if it's worth it to ever really drink all that much anymore, and I do enjoy going out to bars and having fun and all that, but the days after just kick my ass too hard now. Anyone else get it?

I've been getting debilitating hangovers since my early 20's. Only one thing prevents it. Next time you go out make sure you have a jug of pedialyte at your place before you go. Drink half of the container before bed and the other in the morning. It replenishes everything you lose while drinking. Just water won't cut it because you still need electrolytes.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
it's definitely not the case for everyone. But in any case, don't drink alcohol. Eat edibles.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone else has this experience, but my hangovers are so bad these days after a night of getting drunk that it just completely ruins the next day entirely for me. Used to be when I was younger, as long as I drank some water between drinks the night before and then woke up and had a Gatorade or Pedialyte or something I would be fixed up and good to go.

These days though, I'm just completely shot with no energy for basically the whole day. The worst part is that it's just like an explosion of just like the worst anxiety and some pretty strong depression for the whole day too where everything just feels awful, I'm stressed out and worried about everything and I just feel at least mildly detached and depersonalized. Just really awful stuff.

I don't know if it's worth it to ever really drink all that much anymore, and I do enjoy going out to bars and having fun and all that, but the days after just kick my ass too hard now. Anyone else get it?

More water, eat food with your drinking, slow and steady rather than pounding fast... it's livable for me, just turned 40. I don't go wild but just drink steadily to get a buzz. Also, stick to liquor with sugar-free mixers like tonic water or diet soda. The hangover anxiety DOES suck and I get it too. I don't have a solution for it. If I don't have to go anywhere the next day a weak morning drink helps.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I usually try to remember to pop some advil and water before bed and I'm usually okay.

Bad hangovers are the worst though, especially once you have kids and can't "sleep it off".

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Learn your limits, and drink higher quality alcohol.
I'm the opposite, and I'm ashamed lol. Younger me could put down some good quality IPAs and be ok. I'd be drunk no doubt, but I could hang for a long time and keep drinking. Now, even "low" ABV IPAs kick my ass. I still have a great time, but I can hang very long. As a result I've downgraded to light beers like Bud Light. I'm sacrificing quality, but I can hold a buzz for longer on them without tipping over the edge. I'm there to be social, so if I can hold a long buzz with cheap beer I'll prioritize that.

However I can still hold my liquor well.

Zygnosis

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Um it's never worth it. There's absolutely nothing in alcohol that is good for you. All it does is kill your liver and take years off your life. If you need alcohol to have fun then you are extremely hollow and a lot more boring than anyone else.

I think sober people are more hollow and uptight than the drinkers. But hey, to each their own.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
27 here, I feel that. I have just started setting limits for myself and sticking to them. I can't drink like I'm 18 anymore man.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here like me who even after getting drunk, the next day is as if it was like nothing? No hangovers or headaches.

I get drunk very easily though. And I turn into hellboy red after 1 beer lol

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Intermittent fasting is the real solution here. I've turned into a total lightweight when every time I drink it's usually accompanying the first meal I've had the entire day.

I used to need 6-8 beers to get a good buzz going, but since my drinking has been almost exclusively with my first meal, one or two is enough for me. I'm saving money and haven't had a hangover.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I'm 36. I drink quite a bit, but I'm very careful about what I drink. Low calorie alcohol like shochu or highballs. No sugar.

I drink plenty and don't get hangovers. I'm able to perform at work the next day. *shrug*

Yep, Japan has lots of delicious low calorie beverages and sugar-free chuhi and stuff.
I just turned 40 recently and although I do kind of feel I get hangovers more easily, it's usually just a (minor) headache. Nothing that puts me out of commission for an entire day.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm jealous of people who come in here saying drinking at all isn't worth it. It's actually a great mentality to have. While the liver is resilient, it will develop damage over a certain amount of time. You can say you only drink 2-3 times a week, but that's enough to sneak up on you over x amount of time. It happened to me and plenty of others. If you can avoid it, do so. It's not something you NEED. It will only hurt you in the long run if you keep it up.

Young people dying from liver disease(25-34) has actually increased significantly over the past couple of decades. Be cautious.